Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Drink Water said:

Anyone feeling a sense of regret for not going for Piroe?

Yes, especially at £12m.

19 and 22 goals across the last two seasons for a side that didn't even finish top 6.

• Like 1

This is a good example of why 12pm Sunday games should be binned. A seemingly half empty ground, an away support dragged up at God knows what o'clock to attend, players hate it too and understandably so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

This is a good example of why 12pm Sunday games should be binned. A seemingly half empty ground, an away support dragged up at God knows what o'clock to attend, players hate it too and understandably so.

I was amazed that just getting from Leeds to Leicester for the Cov game there was only one train I could get and be there on time and even then I arrived at the ground 5 mins max before k/o. 

If I'd had to come any further I'd have had no chance. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I was amazed that just getting from Leeds to Leicester for the Cov game there was only one train I could get and be there on time and even then I arrived at the ground 5 mins max before k/o. 

If I'd had to come any further I'd have had no chance. 

I get it for derby matches with Police involved and a natural edge but Watford v Blackburn with no animosity, four weeks into a season on a Bank Holiday weekend, just screams flat and uninspiring.

I understand there is no ideal live TV slot but this one offers virtually nothing for all involved.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

One thing that's struck me as one of the biggest differences in the Championship so far is how almost every team is just so poor in the final third. 

Premiership teams, you let a side in behind you with a slip up odds are you're going to concede. 

So many teams at this level absolutely butchering chances. Even just in our games, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Cov all should have gotten at least points if they hadn't just murdered some great chances.

Just watched Watford absolutely spuff one with just some awful execution. 

Puts Stephy's slight blunder yesterday in some context. 

The difference is jarring. Playing the way we have we’ve won all 4 games in the division. I’m the Premier League we might have lost all 4. Against Coventry Ellis Simms was put through and yet almost took someone out in row Z. Harry Kane on the other hand literally scored against us despite falling over as he hit the ball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Also that's horrific goalkeeping. Do Watford need a keeper? 

Well he is now the captain so won’t be replaced but no one really liked him.

55 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This number 9 new signing for Watford looks like a total donkey.

Wasn’t great but got to give him time. 

Last 3 games… 55 shots 22 corners, no goals.

Says it all !

Played ok but no good for Ismael if we keep losing .

He’ll be gone .

Edited by Super_horns

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty good take from the guys from the Second Tier this week. Leicester talk starts at 36:26 if the link above doesn't take you straight there.

Its a very unique feeling hearing the media talk about Leicester in this way, definitely not used to it.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Corky said:

7:45 on a Saturday would be better.