Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Pretty good take from the guys from the Second Tier this week. Leicester talk starts at 36:26 if the link above doesn't take you straight there.

They actually produce some great content. Didn't realise how much the availability of content dropped from the prem to the championship, but I've been gladly surprised at the level a lot of it is at.

• Like 3

I’ve constantly repeated that I see defensive mistakes all around the division that I’ve yet to see our games but the other pattern is how competitive the games are. Plymouth hit the post twice before losing to Birmingham. Which makes the claims we’ve been unimpressive in our results a bit unfair 

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We are in the Championship after the most avoidable relegation I’ve ever seen.

I’ve just watched Burnley v Aston Villa on MOTD2 and each time I watch Villa it hurts. Ifs, buts & maybes but if we’d sacked Rogers when we should’ve, there must’ve been a fair-to-middling chance we could have recruited Unai Emery?

I’m delighted with Maresca in the here and now, but if we’d got Emery last autumn I’ve no doubt at all (a) that we’d have avoided relegation and (b) we’d be odds on for a top seven finish this season.

What a shitshow we saw, from top to bottom, last season. Bastards the lot of them!

We never would have got Emery......he only wants to manage clubs with the letters 'villa' in their name 😏

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I’ve just watched Burnley v Aston Villa on MOTD2 and each time I watch Villa it hurts. Ifs, buts & maybes but if we’d sacked Rogers when we should’ve, there must’ve been a fair-to-middling chance we could have recruited Unai Emery?

I’m delighted with Maresca in the here and now, but if we’d got Emery last autumn I’ve no doubt at all (a) that we’d have avoided relegation and (b) we’d be odds on for a top seven finish this season.

What a shitshow we saw, from top to bottom, last season. Bastards the lot of them!

Don't do it to yourself. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Cheers Rudkin and board!

• Like 1

The one positive is that we are going to have a total and thorough rebuild under a manager with an excellent record of developing young players and a very clear plan.

If we get promoted, we'll go into next season with a real identity and playing sumptuous football. I honestly think we can do what Fulham did last season should we bounce straight back under Maresca.

9 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Cheers Rudkin and board!

What worrys me in the **** us still here doing the same shit. Rodgers was a massive **** undoubtedly but he does have an element of truth on his side when he says the club failed to make the correct investment, there's a number of reasons for that, but the sheer incompetence of the football operations side was clear,  not cashing in when we should to enable refresh etc, it's clear to see now constant evolution is needed and sometimes platers must move on like at Brighton, doesn't mean the replacements are worse if your recruitment is good. I'm still not sure tge club have got this right since Pearsons days. That said Rodgers or any manager should walk if they don't feel they are getting the backing promised. The club should also be honest about where they are, if they want a utility manager to make the best of what we have, we had the perfect man in place. If you promise a rebuild then you had better be damn sure to deliver! 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

What worrys me in the **** us still here doing the same shit. Rodgers was a massive **** undoubtedly but he does have an element of truth on his side when he says the club failed to make the correct investment, there's a number of reasons for that, but the sheer incompetence of the football operations side was clear,  not cashing in when we should to enable refresh etc, it's clear to see now constant evolution is needed and sometimes platers must move on like at Brighton, doesn't mean the replacements are worse if your recruitment is good. I'm still not sure tge club have got this right since Pearsons days. That said Rodgers or any manager should walk if tgey don't feel they are getting the backing promised. The club should also be honest about where they are, itmf they want a utility manager to make the best of what we have, we had the perfect man in place. If you promise a rebuild then you had better be damn sure to deliver! 

Let's not forget, Rudkin did his end of season review which I'm sure sorted everything out :unsure:

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Classless.

He's achieved the square root of **** all as manager, who is he to criticize Swansea who gave him a job?

Seeing that, I'm so pleased we didn't get him. It'll be everyone's fault but his the minute the going gets tough. 

'Mini Brendan Rodgers' sounds about right.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I’ve constantly repeated that I see defensive mistakes all around the division that I’ve yet to see our games but the other pattern is how competitive the games are. Plymouth hit the post twice before losing to Birmingham. Which makes the claims we’ve been unimpressive in our results a bit unfair 

I'm with you on this, no one seems to be commenting that we're completely grinding teams down as well. Late goals aren't always lucky, by and large you make your own luck.

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We would never have had the balls or the ambition to go for Emery unfortunately. Had we sacked Rodgers when we should’ve we’d have wound up with a Benitez. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Langston said:

We would never have had the balls or the ambition to go for Emery unfortunately. Had we sacked Rodgers when we should’ve we’d have wound up with a Benitez. 

And stayed up ………let’s move on though 

Without watching that I suspect they'll have gone with Doyle given how much they love him.

For me there hasn't been a player in the league as good as Winks though.

I actually wouldn't have KDH in there. I know he had a magic 20 minutes against Coventry but he's otherwise been fairly mediocre.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Without watching that I suspect they'll have gone with Doyle given how much they love him.

For me there hasn't been a player in the league as good as Winks though. I actually wouldn't have KDH in there.

I know he had a magic 20 minutes against Coventry but he's otherwise been fairly mediocre.

he will always go under the radar without the goals and assists. Which could be an absolute blessing for us if he continues to be this pivotal 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We are in the Championship after the most avoidable relegation I’ve ever seen - and it was my ninth.

if you go back and watch some highlights of last seasons games, you can see what a mess we were, but all avoidable if the club had have realised in the summer you can't stand still in the prem and get away with it, and you've got to be prepared to sack your manager if the players look like they can't make it through 90 minutes

• Like 3

On 27/08/2023 at 14:35, Super_horns said:

Well he is now the captain so won’t be replaced but no one really liked him.

Wasn’t great but got to give him time. 

Last 3 games… 55 shots 22 corners, no goals.

Says it all !

Played ok but no good for Ismael if we keep losing .

He’ll be gone .

Don't you sack your managers after a certain time win or lose 🤣🤣