Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

21 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

We are in the Championship after the most avoidable relegation I’ve ever seen - and it was my ninth.

I’ve just watched Burnley v Aston Villa on MOTD2 and each time I watch Villa it hurts. Ifs, buts & maybes but if we’d sacked Rogers when we should’ve, there must’ve been a fair-to-middling chance we could have recruited Unai Emery?

I’m delighted with Maresca in the here and now, but if we’d got Emery last autumn I’ve no doubt at all (a) that we’d have avoided relegation and (b) we’d be odds on for a top seven finish this season.

What a shitshow we saw, from top to bottom, last season. Bastards the lot of them!

The main comparison to Villa would be our team when we finished 5th and won the FA Cup. Not saying they will do that but it put us ahead of the likes of Villa for players. Everything we have done since has been about trying to cut corners and just about get by because no way that team could go down. The anyone calling it out was basically told to know their place and appreciate what we had achieved. 

I don't think we were a more appealing than Villa start of last season. Their trajectory is clearly going up, with a big amount to spend. We were seemingly fine just hanging on.

25 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Don't you sack your managers after a certain time win or lose 🤣🤣

Yes generally during the international break !

So a defeat v Coventry City will probably spell trouble for Val.

Or if they say we haven’t got enough players in .

9 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Yes generally during the international break !

So a defeat v Coventry City will probably spell trouble for Val.

Or if they say we haven’t got enough players in .

Having seen Cov, they will beat you unless you dramatically improve.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will be interesting to see how Spence gets on under Farke

So far he has only done well under Cooper at Forest and struggled under others

Warnock suggested he has a bit of an attitude problem as well

As did Conte. Also you'd think clean slate under Ange might have worked for him but he clearly wants nothing to do with him either.

Not worried at all by Leeds, their defence is still a mess, they'll be a laugh to watch but they're going to draw/lose a lot more than us

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Playing some very attacking football and in Farke, they have a manager that knows the championship very well.

Some very good players they have. Interested how they cope and how they do.

Will definitely be a good challenge for our squad. 

In general intrigued how we'll do against teams of a higher calibre. 

Edited by UniFox21

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will be interesting to see how Spence gets on under Farke

So far he has only done well under Cooper at Forest and struggled under others

Warnock suggested he has a bit of an attitude problem as well

Same at Rennes too. Just 8 appearances 

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

Sounds like Big Nige is getting the hump with Bristol City & not being given any of the Scott money to spend when he’s got a small squad that’s relying on the academy as it is. 

And a lesson to a certain midget about how to do it in a less dickheady way

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Sounds like Big Nige is getting the hump with Bristol City & not being given any of the Scott money to spend when he’s got a small squad that’s relying on the academy as it is. 

And a lesson to a certain midget about how to do it in a less dickheady way

He'll be gone before we play them. 

He's been royally screwed by Lansdown. 

Stabilised the club, saved them from FFP sanctions, saved / made Lansdown a lot of money, yet not been provided with any of the benefits of the work he's done...

On 30/08/2023 at 16:06, StanSP said:

Swansea have banned food and drink on their coaches, which are mandatory to travel on, for their fixture at Cardiff lol

Is that even legal, to ban food?! 

Feels like a bad idea, going to get a load of people pissed up before they even get on the coach, bunch of hungover angry welsh men coming out the other side lol

On 31/08/2023 at 13:35, Brizzle Fox said:

He'll be gone before we play them. 

He's been royally screwed by Lansdown. 

Stabilised the club, saved them from FFP sanctions, saved / made Lansdown a lot of money, yet not been provided with any of the benefits of the work he's done...

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/221828-nige-bbcrb-snippet-pre-swansea/

Interesting.  And a little sad for their fans.

• Thanks 1