Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

26 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Oof that Sunderland scoreline is brutal. Don't take this league for granted, every game is a battle.

That said, I just saw a Southampton fan post on Reddit which read: "Everton should be tried for war crimes for sending us Mason Holgate on loan" lol

Probably be out the team for THB soon enough!

• Like 1

Remember when we were the worst team ever to play football in the league when we didn’t beat Rotherham 7-0 by half-time, look at what’s happening to the “best team in the league (TM)”:

IMG_5079.jpeg

Makes for a great league, we are in the picture despite not fully clicking, others will feel the same. There will be about 10 teams that are still with a chance come January when the window reopens. I thought Norwich were supposed to batter Rotherham today. Any team can't beat any other on the day.

Edited by Beachyboy

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Leeds drew 0-0 with probably the worst team in the league

Classic Championship.

Welcome to it !

3-3 draw for us .

Ahead 3 times and scored a daft own goal but Coventry did miss a penalty.

Good to see our new striker score twice.

• Like 1

Tell you what I have reservations on us but I'm still delighted we didn't go for Martin. Utter fraud and that video of his dig at Swansea the other week was very off - given they gave him a job and he's done absolutely nothing in the game.

They are defensively absolutely woeful. Let in more in one game than we've let in in 7 in all comps.

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes

Somebody somewhere in this forum put up a post which contained a link to another club's fans site, with a page giving links to every championship team's fans forums. Would like to see that again as I like to have a look at what other teams are saying. Anybody got it?

On 02/06/2023 at 16:58, Stuntman_Mike said:

@Sideshow Faes

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Makes for a great league, we are in the picture despite not fully clicking, others will feel the same. There will be about 10 teams that are still with a chance come January when the window reopens. I thought Norwich were supposed to batter Rotherham today. Any team can't beat any other on the day.

That's just the Championship. It's rare that one, let alone more than one team pulls away and plays an incredible season. A little bit of consistency will keep you in the mix. There's always that one team (at least) who is stuck in the bottom half come January and then goes on a run to contend for playoffs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

It’s precisely what makes it a bad one.

All of these bizarre score lines are down to a complete lack of quality. I shudder every time I remember we’re in this dross league, it’s an absolute farmers league.

Yesterday was rancid, to go from a European semi final, to losing to Hull, vile stuff. I hope this is the only blip this season…… I’ve had to have several showers I feel filthy. 

50 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s precisely what makes it a bad one.

All of these bizarre score lines are down to a complete lack of quality. I shudder every time I remember we’re in this dross league, it’s an absolute farmers league.

Yesterday was rancid, to go from a European semi final, to losing to Hull, vile stuff. I hope this is the only blip this season…… I’ve had to have several showers I feel filthy. 

You have been in worse leagues and  situations.

I know you have had great success in recent  seasons but don’t turn into a Leeds type club who think anything but PL is beneath them ( at least you have won stuff to justify such thoughts though!)

• Like 2