Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

We drew 0-0 to Hull in March 2015 before the run of W7 D1 L1, the following season then only lose 3 games where we couldn't play Hull. We then play them as Champions in the first game of the season In 2016 and lose. Hull are a bogey team that the past shows we usually go on a run after dropping points to.

And now you've jinxed it....:ph34r:

20 hours ago, CloudFox said:

It's really not about you though, is it. It's about taking a stand (or in this case, knee) for a few seconds to remind people of the struggles certain groups of people contend with every day. It's also not something of the past—the issue they are addressing continues to this day.

I really can't fathom why it gets on anyone's nerves.

Fair comments, and I can't say I have even noticed it recently.  That might well mean its time as a meaningful statement has passed though.  Once the audience is not really noticing, and perhaps the players are doing it because they feel they have to rather than any belief it is doing anything then it is time to look for the next impactful way to do something.

• Like 2

Well, our CEO has finally crawled out from under his rock and has been interviewed on Radio Bristol. 

Predictably, he brown nosed Lansdown and defended his lack of support for Nige. Also refused to give any praise to our manager, and stumbled and shut up when asked if the club wants NP to stay. 

It's a ****ing disgrace. I am at the point of detesting the Lansdowns now.

Edited by Superjack

44 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Well, our CEO has finally crawled out from under his rock and has been interviewed on Radio Bristol. 

Predictably, he brown nosed Lansdown and defended his lack of support for Nige. Also refused to give any praise to our manager, and stumbled and shut up when asked if the club wants NP to stay. 

It's a ****ing disgrace. I am at the point of detesting the Lansdowns now.

Pearson will expertly rub your owners and CEO the wrong way, without quite stepping over the line.  And they'll proper hate another alpha making them look bad.  Do you really think they'd fire him before his contract runs out at the end of the season? 

If they do want rid -- payoff for Nige, and Bristol City back into the crapper.  Sorry, but hard to see that as a bad outcome from an LCFC perspective :)

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Pearson will expertly rub your owners and CEO the wrong way, without quite stepping over the line.  And they'll proper hate another alpha making them look bad.  Do you really think they'd fire him before his contract runs out at the end of the season? 

If they do want rid -- payoff for Nige, and Bristol City back into the crapper.  Sorry, but hard to see that as a bad outcome from an LCFC perspective :)

No.. I don't think that he will get rid this season unless we flirt with L1. They would have to pay him off, and we are discovering that Pearson is the last person that Lansdown will open the purse strings for. 

Cotterill went the same way. Gave us the first title in my lifetime (plus the tin pot cup), then in the summer got the rug pulled out from under him because he wasn't Lansdown's choice. Cue four years of his pet project Lee Johnson, throwing money at signings until it inevitably went tits up and NP has to come in and sort it out. 

But apparently NP applied. So not Lansdown's choice. So purse snaps shut despite being possibly the best manager in decades. 

I ****ing detest Lansdown. A large proportion of us were supporting 'his' club when he was ...

89X8IE4.jpg

Edited by Superjack

3 minutes ago, oli fox said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12957298/championship-team-of-the-season-so-far

Championship team of the season so far according to Sky… KDH is in as the only Leicester representative 

Sky must've got the work experience lad to compile that. Winks should be in. KDH hasn't done much outside of the Cov game.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oli fox said:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12957298/championship-team-of-the-season-so-far

Championship team of the season so far according to Sky… KDH is in as the only Leicester representative 

Clearly going off of names more than anything else. Shows how much attention they pay to anything that’s not their favourite 6-7 clubs.

• Like 1

Looking at our opening displays I worry what would become of us if we did gain promotion this year. There is only one position that has been obviously strengthened over the side that was relegated in a sea of new faces so you could only conclude this is a weaker side over the one that dropped last season. I think Derby County when I look at the prospects for this current side in the EPL with limited fire power and Lurch as the linchpin defender.

• Sad 1

Screenshot_20230916_153501_FotMob.thumb.jpg.3b14289ead9f53d18e79494ba696c826.jpg

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Off the top of the table by 3.01pm. 

Fvck off, Preston! lol

Tbf, I'd take it staying like this, preferably Ipswich losing and top 2 creating a gap. It'll be like when we fought Portsmouth for top spot back in their yakubu days.

Edited by gw_leics772

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What's the deal with Preston?

Quality or just playing shite opponents and winning?

I wouldn't worry about Preston, they're still 33/1 to win the Championship before today so the consensus is they're playing above their ability.

The betting market has us as stand out fave at 2/1 and 25/1 bar apart from Leeds, Southampton, Norwich and Ipswich all about 9/1.

Bad day so far us with Ipswich and Norwich winning at half time but excellent weekend regardless with us winning away at one of our biggest rivals.

• Like 1