Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Iheanacho needs to up his game because at the moment he's a Premier League striker who is performing worse than many and I mean many of these Championship strikers. 

He isn't a "Premier League" striker.

9 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Iheanacho needs to up his game because at the moment he's a Premier League striker who is performing worse than many and I mean many of these Championship strikers. 

If he was a PL striker, one of the clubs would have snapped him up for 15mil. Sad fact of the matter is we have ended up overrating him. Its up to him to prove us wrong.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If he was a PL striker, one of the clubs would have snapped him up for 15mil. Sad fact of the matter is we have ended up overrating him. Its up to him to prove us wrong.

He's not a great PL striker, dont get me wrong. But PL is still his level, nevertheless an under-performing Premier League striker should be a class above a good Championship striker. 

28 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

We're not refering to technicalities here, you know very well what I mean.

No technicalities involved, I don't see how you come to the conclusion he is a PL striker when he hasn't shown that level for the last two years.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No technicalities involved, I don't see how you come to the conclusion he is a PL striker when he hasn't shown that level for the last two years.

Came to England and played for Man City for 3 years, then joined Leicester and has played here for 6 years and counting... 

By all means he is a PL striker, whether a great one or a not so great one, that another discussion and for another thread.

To keep on-topic to this thread, my point is we really need to see him start to pick up and compete with the top strikers of this division. Because the forward threats of Leeds, Norwich, and Ipswich are giving Nacho a run for his money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

What are you talking about? Why would you post that on a Leicester forum? We are 6 points above them, have only lost once to them in the last 10 years and havent finished below them in the league since 2011!

Not sure anyone knows who's the best team after 6 games.  Especially when Leeds were in turmoil in August with half the squad trying to force moves away and no fit CF.  Makes that 6 point margin somewhat misleading.

Reckon we'll know a lot more about who's likely to be the stronger team in 8-10 games time.

• Like 1

Us, Norwich, Leeds, Preston, Ipswich & Hull look like the teams at the moment. A couple will drop off, quite likely Cov or the like have a strong bounceback too.

Biggest surprise is bottom of the table M'boro with just one point. Lost their main striker but were rated above us as favourites for promotion by five-thirty-eight before it all kicked off... lost Akpom in that time but it seems they've been sunk. Piroe hitting form for Leeds is definitely a hazard.

We need a striker to really step up. The goals will be shared amongst the frontline and midfield due to the tactics but one of Vardy/Nacho/Cannon/Daka hitting form would mutilate this division.

Disappointed with Nacho so far. He undoubtedly has the talent but seems stuck in the same fog from last season. Hope Ndidi being on the up and the pressing need for a goalscorer brings more out of him.

• Like 1

It’s just my gut feeling but in this first half of the season I’d love us to try and distance Leeds as much as possible.

With that front 4 and the defence starting to look a bit more solid I feel once settled they’re the one’s who will be going toe to toe with us at some point

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Us, Norwich, Leeds, Preston, Ipswich & Hull look like the teams at the moment. A couple will drop off, quite likely Cov or the like have a strong bounceback too.

Biggest surprise is bottom of the table M'boro with just one point. Lost their main striker but were rated above us as favourites for promotion by five-thirty-eight before it all kicked off... lost Akpom in that time but it seems they've been sunk. Piroe hitting form for Leeds is definitely a hazard.

We need a striker to really step up. The goals will be shared amongst the frontline and midfield due to the tactics but one of Vardy/Nacho/Cannon/Daka hitting form would mutilate this division.

Disappointed with Nacho so far. He undoubtedly has the talent but seems stuck in the same fog from last season. Hope Ndidi being on the up and the pressing need for a goalscorer brings more out of him.

Not that surprising really, they lost more key players than us but without the ability to replace them. 

Giles, Archer and Ramsey were their best players but all on loan. 

• Like 1