Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Djed Spence has done his knee in and out for a couple of months. Great start to his Leeds career. Their injury record is worse than ours. 

Leeds having to play Luke Ayling is good news for the entire Championship.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Djed Spence has done his knee in and out for a couple of months. Great start to his Leeds career. Their injury record is worse than ours. 

Should still be out by the time we play them at the start of November then

Mavididi against Ayling should be fun

2 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Literally wouldn't get in our starting 11 but okay 

He didn’t even have that good a game against Millwall either, especially if he is meant to be playing in midfield

Looking at his stats I don’t even know what he supposedly even did for him to say that as well

No chances created, no tackles won, no interceptions, 83% pass completion

Just a few blocks and clearances

Fair play to Preston. I still don't see them as a big threat yet but they aren't far off.

Sums the silliness of this league up that Preston are top and Middlesbrough bottom. I wonder how many people you would've had to ask before you got that exact prediction.

On 16/09/2023 at 16:01, Gerard said:

I wouldn't worry about Preston, they're still 33/1 to win the Championship before today so the consensus is they're playing above their ability.

The betting market has us as stand out fave at 2/1 and 25/1 bar apart from Leeds, Southampton, Norwich and Ipswich all about 9/1.

Bad day so far us with Ipswich and Norwich winning at half time but excellent weekend regardless with us winning away at one of our biggest rivals.

You know what's mad is I think if Preston played Middlesbrough, they'd make Middlesbrough favourites. Certainly at the Riverside anyway.

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

God I don't miss VAR. Causing havoc in the Forest v Burnley match.

VAR scrubbed out a goal by Burnley for handball… looked really dodgy to me as it might have brushed his arm 🤷‍♀️I can’t see them giving that as penalty if it was forest  player.