Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Who should be new club captain?

Obviously we don’t know who’s going to be here next year, but who are the leading candidates?

Does KDH have leadership qualities? He would set a good example with his work rate and is a local lad who seems to genuinely care.

I actually can’t think of anyone else really who may be here. Even if Vardy’s here, I don’t think it should be him.

Just now, StanSP said:

Not sure why there's calls for KDH to be captain. Not good enough on the pitch. Can't have your captain making mistakes on the pitch regularly. 

Definitely agree with this. Running around a lot doesn’t necessarily equate to great leadership!

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Not sure why there's calls for KDH to be captain. Not good enough on the pitch. Can't have your captain making mistakes on the pitch regularly. 

If Evans or Vardy are still here, then them. 

Tbf to KDH he always gives 100%, and has the ability, we saw that in his first season. Certainly good enough for the Championship. I’d give it to him. We need players here for the longer term. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We didn’t win a game without KDH this season, and he was our most creative player from open play. 

He is limited, sure, but he is more than good enough for a championship/mid table premier league team. 

Literally what I said. That shouldn’t be us. People accepting mid table after everything we’ve done. Joke.

Maddison got 9 assists so is clearly the most creative player. 

Of those already here and likely to say KDH may be the best of a pretty sorry bunch but like you say our new captain may well be on someone else’s books at the moment. Time will be precious before the start of next season so the club need to agree on a plan and strategy to deliver it. That starts with a new manager and sorting out who’s staying and then who we are bringing in Off the pitch it could be just as wide ranging. The new manager with ability to deliver shared vision but potentially more wide ranging than that. New DoF potentially even more. On the pitch we need more energy, fight and character because we are going to need it. We need some hunger in the team if we are going to bounce straight back up. A proper leader is required as club captain that those players will follow each week into battle. 

10 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

I expect it will be someone who is brought in. Not seeing any leadership qualities in the current squad - one of many reasons we have been relegated

This. I think we should prioritise an influential player to set standards. Milner went to Brighton which is too bad, someone like that would have been ideal. 

• Like 1