Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Who should be new club captain?

If Evans was willing I'd be tempted to offer a year and keep him club captain. With all the changes I think we do need some stability around the place. Its a risk with his injuries but if its on the right terms then I'd do it. 

KdH only current other player who could have the armband. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Not sure about Albrighton personally is worth it in footballing terms anymore, let alone being captain 

Not saying he’ll play a massive amount but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t him though. Morgan was captain for years here when he had still gotten on a bit and wasn’t featuring much. Acccording to David Nugent at least on RL, Albrighton is the most popular personality at the club. I’d expect him to be given club captaincy which is mostly just administrative anyway, even if he isn’t captain on the pitch.

Edited by Sampson

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Evans was willing I'd be tempted to offer a year and keep him club captain. With all the changes I think we do need some stability around the place. Its a risk with his injuries but if its on the right terms then I'd do it. 

I can’t see Evans staying fit to warrant taking that sort of a punt on him. 

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Evans has shown this season that he's not captain material though. 

Everything about him suggests he's a suitable candidate but the reality is he's gone missing when he was needed most and he simply isn't any good at it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Not saying he’ll play a massive amount but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t him though. Morgan was captain for years here when he had still gotten on a bit and wasn’t featuring much. Acccording to David Nugent at least on RL, Albrighton is the most popular personality at the club. I’d expect him to be given club captaincy which is mostly just administrative anyway, even if he isn’t captain on the pitch.

Giving it to Albrighton will be idiotic.

He will hardly play and we will be in the same situation as this season.

We need someone who plays week in week out and Albrighton doesn't have the legs for it. He needs to be moved on.

Souttar for me - a real battler who will be a mainstay in Championship …

Too early for KDH though he has the qualities 

Evans and Ricardo too injury prone - I’d release Evans, his time has gone and both are associated if not the worst culprits of the previous regime …

we need a fresh start - I’d release Albrighton too - he’s done nothing for the Baggies - keep Vardy, if he’ll stay on much reduced wages as an old head and an impact sub …

The player I’d really fight to keep is Kelechi - some of his play yesterday was sublime - he’d get 25 goals in the Championship and probably lead us up - and give us someone to build our attack around ..

...I  would love to know what happened to Wout Faes between his debut and his return from the World Cup!!!

His persona went from fearless to a fearfull liability, who had no awareness or discipline in his game.

He appeared to be a big candidate for the captain's armband when he came here, but something happened which affected his attitude and approach within the team.

At present what we are seeing from him does not instill confidence, he needs to rein himself in and play in the interest of the team and not choose to be a one man band.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I'd like Souttar or KDH personally. 

Club captain needs to drive standards and hold people accountable - one of the small glimmers of positivity from yesterday was seeing KDH giving Barnes, Soumare and a couple of others a bollocking when they didn't make a run that they should have. We need that in truckloads. 

From who is here and likely to still be here next season, I would probably say Souttar at the moment, but depends who we bring in. KDH needs to concentrate on trying to improve, so wouldn't give it him. On KDH though, while he undoubtedly is lacking in premier league quality, we missed his energy massively when he wasn't playing.  That probably says more about Tielemans and Soumares lack of energy more than anything though.

17 minutes ago, adam said:

Giving it to Albrighton will be idiotic.

He will hardly play and we will be in the same situation as this season.

We need someone who plays week in week out and Albrighton doesn't have the legs for it. He needs to be moved on.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, I’m just saying I’d imagine he’ll be the most likely candidate. It depends on the manager a bit too though.

No way do I want Jonny Evans anywhere near the captaincy, his leadership of lack of has contributed to us being relegated. I would take this opportunity with his contract run out to part ways. His injury record these last couple of seasons is unsustainable for a club in our position. 

As for next season, we need to recruit a leader or 2 who will come in and shake the club up. 

• Like 2