Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Who should be new club captain?

Someone new I hope. KDH is not a premier league player and whoever is captain will need to have the ability to captain us in our championship season and if we go up continue into the premier league, he doesn’t have the leadership qualities from what I’ve seen, just a good work rate. 

Albrighton is VC but it’s time to move on I think, again if could captain us in the championship but he’s not going to be playing week in week our and if we go up he would just need to be replaced. 

if I was forced to pick one of these dreadful players, it would likely be Souttar or Iversen. 

A leader.

A motivator.

Someone the players can look upto.

Someone who can stand up to the manager(That we currently dobt have!) If required.

A player who will bleed for the badge.

A warrior.

Yeah.....no one here at the moment....

(KDH in the future if he stays!)

Can we try and tie Evans down to a new player / coach contract? 

We’ve seen with Kasper losing such influential players ‘behind the scenes’ can be disastrous. Appenelru Evans is vey influential much like Albrighton

In fact, I hope Albrighton stays he’s another option 

Something else big nige would sort out.

Remember when we signed Morgan he was made captain not long after.

look at all the leaders we had / signed:

Kasper, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Cambiasso, King….

I loved it when the club had so many strong characters no wonder we did so well 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Something else big nige would sort out.

Remember when we signed Morgan he was made captain not long after.

look at all the leaders we had / signed:

Kasper, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Cambiasso, King….

I loved it when the club had so many strong characters no wonder we did so well 

Standards.

Nige came straight in took a look at Matt Mills and said "nah". He brought Morgan in for less than a million and got Mills on the first bus out of Leicester.

Might just have to do it that way again. Forest will be offloading a few of their promotion team as they build again. Get Worrall or Yates down here. It needs to be an experienced campaigner, someone that's got a record of being a leader and a bit of a b@stard. We really do lack b@stards in this team.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Can we try and tie Evans down to a new player / coach contract? 

We’ve seen with Kasper losing such influential players ‘behind the scenes’ can be disastrous. Appenelru Evans is vey influential much like Albrighton

In fact, I hope Albrighton stays he’s another option 

Gross. This is one of the reasons we got relegated.

18 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I could be picking on subtext that isn't actually there, but during his interview he seemed to imply that he wouldn't be. Just his tone and the way he talked about the club, was almost past tense 

This. 

I was about to ask, those suggesting Evans, did you not hear his interview?! Asked if he wanted to be part of the squad that tries to bring us back up next year, there was a noticeable pause, and then a lot of “it’s not up to me, there are going to be a lot of changes, a lot of guys are leaving…” etc. 

A simple “of course I want to be here and be part of bringing this club back up to the place it belongs” would have been a much more captainly response. Get him gone and find some real leaders. 

Edited by ConnFoxUS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Someone new I hope. KDH is not a premier league player and whoever is captain will need to have the ability to captain us in our championship season and if we go up continue into the premier league, he doesn’t have the leadership qualities from what I’ve seen, just a good work rate. 

Albrighton is VC but it’s time to move on I think, again if could captain us in the championship but he’s not going to be playing week in week our and if we go up he would just need to be replaced. 

if I was forced to pick one of these dreadful players, it would likely be Souttar or Iversen. 

The club isn’t either! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

Standards.

Nige came straight in took a look at Matt Mills and said "nah". He brought Morgan in for less than a million and got Mills on the first bus out of Leicester.

Might just have to do it that way again. Forest will be offloading a few of their promotion team as they build again. Get Worrall or Yates down here. It needs to be an experienced campaigner, someone that's got a record of being a leader and a bit of a b@stard. We really do lack b@stards in this team.

I’m all for b@stards, but I’m not having Forest’s b@stards. 

Hang on… that’s actually worked quite well in the past hasn't it (though not if you count Alan Rogers!).

KDH all day long, good Championship experience with Luton, we are a league lower, he is an excellent player, who could hold the role for a good few years.He leads by example, workmate, attitude, tackling.

Vardy Evans Albrighton too old will need changing again within one or two seasons.

We have Iversen, Thomas, Souttar, Faes, Kristiansen, KDH, Soumare, JJ, Daka, plus a smattering of over 25’s with decisions to make…..we will be fine….KDH next 3 years….he will be proud and thrive….

we are entering a new era, by all means keep Evans and Vards, but one season only….time the much touted Reset…..

There shouldn’t be any doubts about KDH’s ability next year, he will be one of the best in that league. He’d be my captain.

Souttar is also a shout. Kel should be considered for a vice captaincy role if he’s still around as he’s shown he actually gives a toss over the last 6 weeks.

No point in giving it to Vardy, the rebuild for the next 5 years starts now.

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The club isn’t either! 

Very true, but I’d rather we go for a long term leader than promote KDH to captain only to find that should we go up, and he doesn’t improve enough we then need to find a new captain in the premier league.