Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wasyls Pec Deck

Who should be new club captain?

Weird that this hasn't been announced. Plenty of players could have it, some are probably expecting it.

1. Coady - Captain pretty much everywhere he's been. Obvious leader and extremely vocal.

2. Vardy - Lead by example type. Done everything there is to do in English football. Someone to follow.

3. Winks - Has captained Spurs. On a long term contract and at a good age.

4. Albrighton - Last season's vice captain. Similar to Vardy. Club legend etc.

5. Ricardo - Has worn the arm band on occasions in pre-season. Clearly valued by Enzo.

6. Faes - Was lauded for his leadership when he first joined. A sentiment backed up by Roberto Martinez the Belgium manager at the time.

7. Ndidi - Doubt he'd get it because he doesn't seem 1st choice but he's worn the armband for club and country before.

That's 7 players off the top of my head that'll feel as though they have a claim. The above is actually my order of preference.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Captain?

“I think it is something that the team has to decide, the captain. In our case, Jamie, Marc, Conor Coady, Ricardo Pereira, these kinds of players. They are leaders. They can be captains.”

fcuk me, has Rodgers left his notebook here?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Coady or Winks.

I know they're new but I think there is something about missing the opportunity to be a captain when it comes. There were the Morgan years, the Schmeichel years, and the Evans year. (Although frankly with Evans hurt so much and really not a nailed on guy anyway was he really ever the captain?) I have to count out Vardy, Ndidi, and Albrighton for missing those opportunities to be captain in the past. They've had the opportunity to become captain twice now and didn't take it. Better to look at new blood than the old guard.

Would Coady be captain if he was fit?

“Probably yes but he’s not in the first 11. That’s why I mention 4 or 5 of them. Jamie was on the pitch, Marc was on the pitch. For sure we lost a lot without Conor. The first friendly game the only voice you could hear was his voice."

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Would Coady be captain if he was fit?

“Probably yes but he’s not in the first 11. That’s why I mention 4 or 5 of them. Jamie was on the pitch, Marc was on the pitch. For sure we lost a lot without Conor. The first friendly game the only voice you could hear was his voice."

Pretty much confirms it no? Unless he's silly enough not to pick a firm club captain all season.

On 29/05/2023 at 09:39, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Obviously we don’t know who’s going to be here next year, but who are the leading candidates?

Does KDH have leadership qualities? He would set a good example with his work rate and is a local lad who seems to genuinely care.

I actually can’t think of anyone else really who may be here. Even if Vardy’s here, I don’t think it should be him.

Now August…3rd game into the season,bloody obvious.!!!

Anyone left standing..

Edited by fuchsntf