Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Ricardo owes us.

We've been very good to him.

We have, and I do understand where you are coming from to a point.

But, I currently dislike about 95% of our current squad and Riccy P isn't one of them....when he plays good or bad you can tell that it matters, injury free he was one of the best in his position in the entire league, we gave him that extension knowing his injury record.

He owes us nothing

• Like 4

Hope he stays, but I doubt he does. 

Glad that there's some acknowledgement there, but it doesn't hint as though he's going to or wants to stick around. Makes me think he'll look elsewhere but if no one comes then he'll stay, as opposed to willingly want to stay... 

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

What ? He owes no more than any other player. 

I don't buy this we owe him because we have looked after him whilst he is injured blah blah. He has been a model professional that has had set backs with injuries and let's be honest as a club that on the club. Not Ricardo. 

Fair play for him apologising and actually addressing the fans before any thing / any one else. He might stop, I hope he does but I would begrudge him a move and hopefully he can leave the injury woes here. 

The recovery he was afforded at Seagrave would have been out of the scope of basically all Premier League clubs bar a few.

The few that COULD provide him with the facilities wouldn't have hung around years rehabilitating a player through two severe injuries.

He's had a very good opportunity to rebuild an ailing career with world class rehabilitative equipment. He certainly has had it very good.

I think the rickster was the best RWB in the world pre injury. I don’t expect him to stay, but I’d like him to and I’d like him to be nursed back to his best. Retaining him & Nacho will see us a large step closer to promotion.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The recovery he was afforded at Seagrave would have been out of the scope of basically all Premier League clubs bar a few.

The few that COULD provide him with the facilities wouldn't have hung around years rehabilitating a player through two severe injuries.

He's had a very good opportunity to rebuild an ailing career with world class rehabilitative equipment. He certainly has had it very good.

The majority would have been done at a private hospital that all players would use. The facilities are state of the art but even if a club doesn't have them they would send them to somewhere that does these are prize assets. They are also millionaires they would protect themselves too. 

Not buying it at all sorry. I'm off work currently recovering from a operation. It's like my employer saying well you owe me now as I'm paying your wages whilst you recover, I expect more when you are back. It doesn't happen like that. He might feel he owes the club but at the end of the day he doesnt owe them any more than anyone else. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I think the rickster was the best RWB in the world pre injury. I don’t expect him to stay, but I’d like him to and I’d like him to be nursed back to his best. Retaining him & Nacho will see us a large step closer to promotion.

This is definitely up there with “Tielemans is world class” levels of absurdity.

He was excellent for us for a couple of seasons but best RWB in the world? Come on, be reasonable, that’s just absurd. This was a time when Joshua Kimmich was largely playing RB at his peak too.

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

This is definitely up there with “Tielemans is world class” levels of absurdity.

He was excellent for us for a couple of seasons but best RWB in the world? Come on, be reasonable, that’s just absurd. This was a time when Joshua Kimmich was largely playing RB at his peak too.

2019 he was best rb in the world, he was our best player when were virtually top of the league

that team came unstuck after his Acl injury

we used to pass him the ball at right back as our creative spark and he had one of best tackle and interception stats in the league

think was the best player relative to other players in his position I have seen at the club 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, eblair said:

2019 he was best rb in the world, he was our best player when were virtually top of the league

that team came unstuck after his Acl injury

we used to pass him the ball at right back as our creative spark and he had one of best tackle and interception stats in the league

think was the best player relative to other players in his position I have seen at the club 

No he wasn’t, again this is the same as “Tielemans was world class” guff, it just makes our fans look absurd and delusional. Joshua Kimmich was clearly the best right back in the world at that time.

No he wasn’t, although he was up there. Vardy was clearly our best player at the time and probably in the greatest 12 months or so of form of  any Leicester player ever between Feb 2019-Feb 2020 lockdown. He was only behind Messi and Lewandowski in terms of goals in that period. People still really underrate just how good Vardy was.

No we didn’t. His injury happened when we were alread in decline. People forget we were already in pretty crap form before the lockdown and always blame the lockdown for our collapse. We were already coming unstuck before his injury

He was a great player for us for a couple of seasons for sure. But trying to genuinely claim he was the best RB in the world is absurd exaggeration.

Edited by Sampson

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Sounds like Pereira wants out from that given it's all past tense with no reference to getting us out of it.

Not arsed if he goes, great player but he's too injury prone.

For that reason, on his wages, he probably stays!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

Ok second best in the world mr pedantic pants :ph34r: sorry for being so absurd :( 

Love Ricardo, great player and great attitude, never can accuse him of downing tools, always gives everything, however blighted by serious injuries and given where we now sit both from a financial and playing squad perspective, I really cannot see how we can retain him, I think he will be one that would be able to leave for a minimal fee (circa £5m) plus heavily incentivised appearance based add ons. 

Nice message and will be sad to see him go as he'll definitely push for a move, maybe back to Portugal. Dont think his body could handle the Championship anyway, particularly the schedule. Too risky to have a high earner out injured every other game.

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Doesnt exactly scream ‘I’ll be doing everything in my power to get this club back up next season’

Can't hold that against him.

If he said I'll be here next season and left in a fortnight it would be dragged up don't ya know.

Even if he wants to stay it could be out of his hands with what he's on. (thats the brutality of it now)

No problems with what he said. Especially compared to the other 'statements'

• Like 1