Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Maddison has spoken.

Why even bother? He will be the first one out the door. 

IMG_4749.jpeg

Rubbish. Watch and analyse the game properly and stop writing headlines like that which you know makes fans pile on with negativity. Play like that and we’ll be absolutely fine. Created numerous brilliant chances and win comfortably on another day.

• Like 1

Just now, Onions said:

Just imagine the defence didn’t allow 68 goals, people would have respected what he did this season. 

The ‘Stick together’ is a strange comment tho 

As in, we stick together in what we say, and everyone will believe us. Bit like a gang of thieves' alibi.

Why even put the “continue to stick together” bit. The quote finishes off fine without it. He’s the most obvious sale out of the lot. 

Anyway, he’s right. We should never have been in the position. Good luck wherever you go. He’s someone who I don’t think he ever down tools. Had difficult periods but down tools like his midfield partner, no. 

Better. Not great but better.

Would a senior player or one of the local lads coming out with "I get it. Life is hard. Football gets you supporters through that. That's why this club means so much to you. That's why I feel so bad we all let you down. That's I'll do what I can to get the club back to the big time." make me happy? Maybe, but in 3 weeks time it won't matter. It'll be all about when are we playing Cov etc.

These are young lads. I'm sure they'll look back when they retire and admit their mistakes. Hard to do in the moment when you have limited life experience and your job requires you to have massive levels of self belief. 

On 31/05/2023 at 22:28, Sampson said:

This is definitely up there with “Tielemans is world class” levels of absurdity.

He was excellent for us for a couple of seasons but best RWB in the world? Come on, be reasonable, that’s just absurd. This was a time when Joshua Kimmich was largely playing RB at his peak too.

Or, is it just another case of people forgetting just how good some players were? Hard to say that he was definitely the best but he was an absolute joke. Miles better than Kimmich (who is an outstanding player and playing where he was meant to now). Ricky had it all. In terms of pure effectiveness in their particular role, obviously Kante is top but then it's Ricardo for me. Ahead of Mahrez and Vardy who I don't think people would argue against as world class at their peaks?

He's never going to be the same player and as has been alluded to, I think he was definitely going at the end of the season he got injured. But if he can get vaguely fit or remotely close to his best, he'll be a stand out for us. I reckon he could stay, and possibly end up playing right wing, depending on the system.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if he wanted to stay, we cannot afford to keep him. He's our biggest sellable asset. He probably would be determined to prove people wrong but he's got absolutely no business being in the Championship, the bloke outgrew us and then became a hindrance.

Someone give us £50m and let's get on with it.

Exactly, also it’s the Euro’s next year, we know how much he wants to play for England, he can’t push for the 11 whist in the Championship. 

• Like 1