Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Why do people care? Literally couldn’t care what crap the put on socials about this.  

No, it's a fair point. People want something to shake their fists at, but emotions are high so it's hard to blame them. Any goodbye message or apology would just be incredibly hollow PR talk anyway. Unless it comes from someone like Vardy, in which case we know he is genuinely upset.

19 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Wonder if we'll see anyone come out with a statement like this? Vardy? KDH? Won't hold my breath mind!

cooper.thumb.jpg.c26a3ff41f99b9e253347c46cd3065eb.jpg

Vardy's message and feelings will likely mirror something like this. The only reason it might not in terms of him staying, is if the club and player think its best he moved on. I doubt he wants to go and play anywhere else in this country.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy's message and feelings will likely mirror something like this. The only reason it might not in terms of him staying, is if the club and player think its best he moved on. I doubt he wants to go and play anywhere else in this country.

If they weren't in the same division as us I'd say he'd have maybe done a year with Wednesday, but I think you're right now.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2023 at 11:54, South Shire Fox said:

Doesnt exactly scream ‘I’ll be doing everything in my power to get this club back up next season’

.. none of the players know where they are going to be next season!!!

Jonny Evans when asked if he would like to stay was evasive and steered the answer to the club not yet knowing what it is going to do. I suspect that they have all had letters informing them that down the line they will be notified who will be on the retained list.

There is no point stating that you are going to do your utmost   to get us back up again, when you have no idea you will be here in the next few weeks.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if he wanted to stay, we cannot afford to keep him. He's our biggest sellable asset. He probably would be determined to prove people wrong but he's got absolutely no business being in the Championship, the bloke outgrew us and then became a hindrance.

Someone give us £50m and let's get on with it.

Absolutely precious money for where we are. Take the money and run with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nugent said:

People care because they spend a shit ton of money following the team around the country and want to hear the players come out and show some accountability after a shambles of a season.

And then criticise and twist their apology, or lack of it?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Given the £ we'd get for him we'd be forcing him to leave if he wanted to stay anyway. Would make little sense for us to lose a valued asset for nothing again.

This is key.  Maddison can come out with phrases like "we stick together" because he knows we have to sell.  He can even say that he wanted to stay to get us back, but the decision is out of his hands.  Situation plays out like he's a sacrificial lamb, rather than junping ship - and the media (and some of our fans) will lap it up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

A lot of precious people demanding apologies. What’s the point? Would it make you feel better?

I don’t want apologies I want to know what the **** is going to change going forward. 

Best thing is if they apologise the response will be “you can’t be that sorry you barely tried.” Like you say, what’s the point!!

Can not wait for moves to start happening so we can look to the future.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Even if he wanted to stay, we cannot afford to keep him. He's our biggest sellable asset. He probably would be determined to prove people wrong but he's got absolutely no business being in the Championship, the bloke outgrew us and then became a hindrance.

Someone give us £50m and let's get on with it.

Realistically what do you think we get for him? I’m saying £35m.

16 hours ago, -sodapop said:

If they weren't in the same division as us I'd say he'd have maybe done a year with Wednesday, but I think you're right now.

You’re probably right about the same division thing but if he wanted to go to Wednesday regardless of this, then that’s up to him. No doubt some of our fans would give him stick for it but it’d be great to see him go full circle and go back to his boyhood club!

I think we should not sell Maddison now and so then at the end of next season we can blame the club for not selling him in this window. We could say he never put the effort in as he was on the last year of his contract. 

Or the alternative would be if we sold him now and then blame him for jumping ship. 

Either would provide us with a good reason to have a go at either the club or the player. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I think we should not sell Maddison now and so then at the end of next season we can blame the club for not selling him in this window. We could say he never put the effort in as he was on the last year of his contract. 

Or the alternative would be if we sold him now and then blame him for jumping ship. 

Either would provide us with a good reason to have a go at either the club or the player. 

No one in their right mind is going to blame Maddison for jumping ship. We will need the cash and it’s time for him to move on. 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

No one in their right mind is going to blame Maddison for jumping ship. We will need the cash and it’s time for him to move on. 

Our biggest mistakes thus far has been not selling players at the right time.

We would be in a better position had we cashed in on Tielemans, Ndidi and Soyuncu in their prime.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kenny said:

Our biggest mistakes thus far has been not selling players at the right time.

We would be in a better position had we cashed in on Tielemans, Ndidi and Soyuncu in their prime.

We simply abandoned all the principles that were so successful for us. It's unbelievable how we had the formula and decided to ditch it and hand all of the power to one jumped up goblin

• Like 4

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

We simply abandoned all the principles that were so successful for us. It's unbelievable how we had the formula and decided to ditch it and hand all of the power to one jumped up goblin

I am not sure this is true, as if anything, we stuck exactly to our principles, ignoring the changing financial climate before us, we had a chance to offload some I think, but didn’t get the clue we deemed appropriate  I thought?  :dunno:

My opinion only, obviously