Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The best thing about Dan Amartey’s post is he no longer a Leicester player. Thank **** we’ve finally got rid of him. I’d say only Matt upson was the only defender below him in this era gone. 

Judging from past reactions on him both on here and Twitter, he's one of the most-loved LCFC players ever?..

Guest Mee-9

Amartey should have gone years ago.

I can’t think of another footballer who has been completely shit but has lasted so long. 

21 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Judging from past reactions on him both on here and Twitter, he's one of the most-loved LCFC players ever?..

I’ve realised this season, my opinion differs significantly to many other Leicester fans. The man was rubbish. Fine as a 4th choice behind many others but the problem is when he starts. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Met Evans today at the cup final, i asked him what went wrong and he seemed genuinely perplexed and remorseful (guess he would be), i asked for a view on BR and he said he was a top coach....

i also asked if he was staying and he said he genuinely didnt know

All very bland answers that he would always give. He's not exactly going to call BR a f'in w4nk3r knowing full well you'd be on foxestalk before the final whistle. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Vesty? Benalouane? Benkovic? Bennett?

We've had some honking defenders. Big Dan at least played with passion.

Ok, I’ll put him second in that list plus Upson but I don’t think making him runner up of the Dump actually offers him any more of a compliment. 

If you look at the player ratings thread since we did them, the average ratings for our central backs is

Fofana - 6.8

Benkovic - 6.5

Evans - 6.4

Soyuncu - 6.4

Morgan - 6.3

Maguire - 6.2

Souttar - 5.9

Faes - 5.8

Amartey - 5.7

Bennett - 5.1

Vestergaard  - 5.1

Are we surprised we were relegated when we had Amartey as our first team centre back for 3/4 of the season? Faes can’t be overlooked either, as he’s a steep drop off from the likes of Soyuncu, Fofana, Morgan, Maguire and Evans 

…. Benkovic obviously only played once. 

On 29/05/2023 at 13:09, CrazyKopCorner said:

I like Jonny but when he needed to stand up and be counted as captain he went straight to sick bay. Him and Albrighton as Captain and Vice Captain was another ridiculous choice in a sea of many bizarre decisions 

Unfair of you. He's been crocked for more than one season now with a recurring ankle issue. We've all been aware of this in-and-out of the team issue. His main duty is to protect his career and not to get forced into the team only to exacerbate the injury one more time. He's probably been well aware of the mess others (Rodgers principally) have been busy creating and decided not to throw away his fitness on a lost cause. I don't blame him for guarding his well-being.

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The best thing about Dan Amartey’s post is he is no longer a Leicester player. Thank **** we’ve finally got rid of him. I’d say Matt upson was the only defender below him in this era gone. 

Someone has forgotten Big Molla Wague

8 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Met Evans today at the cup final, i asked him what went wrong and he seemed genuinely perplexed and remorseful (guess he would be), i asked for a view on BR and he said he was a top coach....

I've been listening to some of the under the cosh podcasts with former footballers, and there have been a few I've heard, who have played under Rodgers, and every one of them have said that he is a top coach, some saying the best they've had.  His management has been questioned at times though. Matt Mills said when he was at Reading, Rodgers suddenly gave a team talk in Spanish, even though they never had any Spanish players, and David Cotterill was on about a player at Swansea, who got on the wrong side of Rodgers and was completely frozen out, and had to train with the under 21s.  It sounded familiar!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Not surprised he’s playing cards so close to his chest, and I wonder if anyone on the inside will ever give the inside track. Fascinated to see how theirs might differ to ours and now the media stories now they have finally caught up. Did you give him your view on why it went wrong?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I've been listening to some of the under the cosh podcasts with former footballers, and there have been a few I've heard, who have played under Rodgers, and every one of them have said that he is a top coach, some saying the best they've had.  His management has been questioned at times though. Matt Mills said when he was at Reading, Rodgers suddenly gave a team talk in Spanish, even though they never had any Spanish players, and David Cotterill was on about a player at Swansea, who got on the wrong side of Rodgers and was completely frozen out, and had to train with the under 21s.  It sounded familiar!

He is a brilliant coach - if he likes you.

Maybe that goes down to attitude, if you don't stand up to him (?), conduct, skill, age?

Maddison had his brushes with conduct during the early part of the rodgers years (lockdown parties etc) but Todgers still loved him.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hejammy said:

All very bland answers that he would always give. He's not exactly going to call BR a f'in w4nk3r knowing full well you'd be on foxestalk before the final whistle. 

No but saying he's a top coach is going out of his way to praise him . I have a feeling Rodgers was very good at keeping the more powerful players onside. 

The likes of Madders, Evans and Youri were the one's that would meet up with Rodgers and represent the other players with any problems.  All Rodgers had to do was keep them sweet and he doesn't lose the dressing room.

9 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

How is the captain of our club 'genuinely perplexed' at what went wrong? 

Are they that blindsided by their own incompetence? Perhaps it is that he isn't going to dish the dirt, but to be perplexed is usually a genuine reaction and not one you can pose off as fake, so to speak. 

• Like 4