Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

5 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Player ratings are bollocks. They play great they get a decent, fair rating like 8. Play shit they get a 1. 

Benkovic aside, that’s pretty much where most of would rank our centre backs in terms of how they’ve performed under Rodgers. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Benkovic aside, that’s pretty much where most of would rank our centre backs in terms of how they’ve performed under Rodgers. 

Yeah but I think it's harsh to say over their time here that players like Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu averaged mid 6s

10 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Met Evans today at the cup final, i asked him what went wrong and he seemed genuinely perplexed and remorseful (guess he would be), i asked for a view on BR and he said he was a top coach....

i also asked if he was staying and he said he genuinely didnt know

.. he said the same on Radio Leicester,  regarding him staying,  his view on Rodgers is well known,  he said he was pretty happy when coming back after the World Cup to find that Rodgers was still here and you could not expect him to have given away any details regarding the season and what went wrong!!!

He will probably be notified if we wish to keep him and negotiate a new contract.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

6 hours ago, Sly said:

If you look at the player ratings thread since we did them, the average ratings for our central backs is

Fofana - 6.8

Benkovic - 6.5

Evans - 6.4

Soyuncu - 6.4

Morgan - 6.3

Maguire - 6.2

Souttar - 5.9

Faes - 5.8

Amartey - 5.7

Bennett - 5.1

Vestergaard  - 5.1

Are we surprised we were relegated when we had Amartey as our first team centre back for 3/4 of the season? Faes can’t be overlooked either, as he’s a steep drop off from the likes of Soyuncu, Fofana, Morgan, Maguire and Evans 

…. Benkovic obviously only played once. 

...Amartey has been here for a long  time, those figures are not bad for someone who was converted from a midfielder to Right Back to a Centre Back!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, An Away Move said:

I think we need Evans off the wage bill. Too much of an injury risk to extend his contract. Brutal but true. 

Everything we are hearing states that he’s not even been spoken to, so I’m guessing they’ll just issue the retained list and he’ll be cut. 

We don’t know the wrangling internally, for all we know, they might hold him partially responsible for being injured so long. 

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

No but saying he's a top coach is going out of his way to praise him . I have a feeling Rodgers was very good at keeping the more powerful players onside. 

The likes of Madders, Evans and Youri were the one's that would meet up with Rodgers and represent the other players with any problems.  All Rodgers had to do was keep them sweet and he doesn't lose the dressing room.

...spot on!!!

11 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I think we need Evans off the wage bill. Too much of an injury risk to extend his contract. Brutal but true. 

Also every player can have a thing that you really dislike and his thing, for me, is the extraordinary amount of time he takes to pass a ball when in possession. He can be SO slow to release the ball. Allows the opposition to reset. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Also every player can have a thing that you really dislike and his thing, for me, is the extraordinary amount of time he takes to pass a ball when in possession. He can be SO slow to release the ball. Allows the opposition to reset. 

Loads of our players are like that. Iversen is the worse for it.

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

There isn't a chance it'll be renewed

Theoretically, I doubt they even have to inform him (or any other player) that he's being released - other than common courtesy.  His contract will lapse, he'll receive his final wage and a P45

I was surprised that Gary Cahill couldn't get a decent club last season....I think Evans will end up the same. He'll be on, at best, 10k a week somewhere or if he decides it ain't worth it, jack it in. 

Personally, I'd eek my career out as long as poss. If I were him,  moving to the Scottish League or even Irish league and play a kinda decent semi pro ( with early stage euro conference football) and playing for NI, not a bad life 

I am really not that arsed if the players release statements or not, the majority of the ones will be written by someone who represents them and will be carefully worded to ensure reputations are not tarnished, so hardly from the heart. 

A load of old waffle from 25 players will not change the situation we are in or make the pain of relegation any easier to swallow, in fact it’s more likely to rattle most people who have witnessed the utter guff served up for the majority of the season. 

I would rather the majority of them just feck off out the back door quietly, it’s what they deserve. The only one I am genuinely interested to hears thoughts and feelings about what has gone wrong is Vardy as I genuinely believe he will be truly hurting by what has gone on and how it was allowed to happen. 

His relationship with Rodgers didn’t seem to be great by the end. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Everyone ready to pile on Amartey. He doesn't give a shit. 

If Maddison will get shit all season and Top for his innocent picture, fair game for Amartey to get it too from those that piped up... 

To be fair as a big critic of Big Dan…the fact he hasn’t got footie boots on is probably a good thing 😜

Edited by SafewayFox

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I am really not that arsed of the players release statements or not, the majority of the ones will be written by someone who represents them and will be carefully worded to ensure reputations are not tarnished, so hardly from the heart. 

A load of old waffle from 25 players will not change the situation we are in or make the pain of relegation any easier to swallow, in fact it’s more likely to rattle most people who have witnessed the utter guff served up for the majority of the season. 

I would rather the majority of them just feck off out the back door quietly, it’s what they deserve. The only one I am genuinely interested to hears thoughts and feelings about what has gone wrong is Vardy as I genuinely believe he will be truly hurting by what has gone on and how it was allowed to happen. 

His relationship with Rodgers didn’t seem to be great by the end. 

Yeah i think it's quite telling that Vardy hasn't said anything yet. I reckon he's probably only keeping quiet out of respect for Top and the club

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Disagree. Fofana has a higher rating because he only played 1 real season. I’d say Evans and Soyuncu’s best season was better than Fofana’s 1 season.

Morgan of course had the best season for us of any of them but that was before the ratings were stored on the website.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree. Fofana has a higher rating because he only played 1 real season. I’d say Evans and Soyuncu’s best season was better than Fofana’s 1 season.

Morgan of course had the best season for us of any of them but that was before the ratings were stored on the website.

From memory, Fofana was actually higher for a single season. 

As someone said earlier, it does get distorted. 

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

From memory, Fofana was actually higher for a single season. 

As someone said earlier, it does get distorted. 

Soyuncu got 6.8 the season before so he was actually level with Fofana.

A search through the website shows Morgan averaged  7.2 in the title winning season though. 

• Thanks 1