Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

9 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Every player on our squad is effectively up for sale. We need to raise funds and cut the wage bill.

Every player will have a reduction in wages if they get relegated. We’d literally get nothing for him how much would some pay? Sell Daka and replace him with the money. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Every player will have a reduction in wages if they get relegated. We’d literally get nothing for him how much would some pay? Sell Daka and replace him with the money. 

35% off what could be £140k a week is still a huge salary for our new division. We could easily see Vady, Daka, and Iheanacho gone this summer. Until the summer window closes, we simply cannot count on any player in the squad to be here through next season. 

Edited by The_77
Typo

21 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

I doubt he wrote that himself tbh. The fact that they’ve all waited a week or more to write anything is a bit suspicious, seems like a PR company has been getting them to hold off on writing anything 

It doesn't matter. They still sign it off, even if it is ghost written. 

I take Wilf's, Youri's, Madders' and Vards' at face value, regardless of they physically got out the feather quill and ink themselves 

20 hours ago, m4DD0gg said:

Met Evans today at the cup final, i asked him what went wrong and he seemed genuinely perplexed and remorseful (guess he would be), i asked for a view on BR and he said he was a top coach....

i also asked if he was staying and he said he genuinely didnt know

Did you ask him why BR (top coach) had us in the relegation zone? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

35% off what could be £140k a week is still a huge salary for our new division. We ciils easily see Vady, Daka, and Iheanacho gone this summer. Until the summer window closes, we simply cannot count on any player in the squad to be here through next season. 

Agree. 

I'd play this in business though as a race against time. I'd draw a line on how much we need to raise through transfers to balance the books, say 110m for example. 

I'd then tell the players' agents to get the arse in gear as soon as 110m has been kerchinged, the door closes and your player is stick with us for another season. 

We need money. And we need it fast. It'll focus minds if there's a first come, first out policy

• Like 2

Best player to ever wear the shirt. Even his post couldn't have been worded any better. An absolute legend. I hope he stays and goes out on top after firing plenty of goals for us to get promoted. His story with us can't end like this surely? Financially it's almost impossible to keep him though I guess. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Anything from the number 10 yet ? I know you’re being ironic …..I don’t give a hoot what he has to say just hope we get a massive fee for the weak minded lazy fancy dan ..

Edited by Old Fox

52 minutes ago, The_77 said:

35% off what could be £140k a week is still a huge salary for our new division. We ciils easily see Vady, Daka, and Iheanacho gone this summer. Until the summer window closes, we simply cannot count on any player in the squad to be here through next season. 

Not a chance on earth we lose all 3 you do realise we’ll get close to 100m for madders and Barnes? Plus anyone else we could get a few quid for. Happy to sell Daka though get him gone 

23 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Not a chance on earth we lose all 3 you do realise we’ll get close to 100m for madders and Barnes? Plus anyone else we could get a few quid for. Happy to sell Daka though get him gone 

£100M? We’ll do well to get £80M. The PL money is gone and the parachute payments are going towards our loans, we have to listen to all offers.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely lose all three strikers (and I don’t want to lose them, either) but it’s very easily in the realm of possibilities. 

Anyone keeping any sort of attachment to our players right now is setting themselves up for disappointment. 

13 minutes ago, The_77 said:

£100M? We’ll do well to get £80M. The PL money is gone and the parachute payments are going towards our loans, we have to listen to all offers.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely lose all three strikers (and I don’t want to lose them, either) but it’s very easily in the realm of possibilities. 

Anyone keeping any sort of attachment to our players right now is setting themselves up for disappointment. 

If mount is worth 55m so is madders, Barnes has two years left so he’ll be worth 40odd so yes a 100ish. I don’t think anyone is attached to any of our players either, silly if they are.

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

If mount is worth 55m so is madders, Barnes has two years left so he’ll be worth 40odd so yes a 100ish. I don’t think anyone is attached to any of our players either, silly if they are.

Completely agree - we get 100 for those 2 or pretty close anyway - I reckon they both go Newcastle - and another 50m in from castagne , soumare, daka , praet, faes , Ndidi etc 

attached ha ha - couldn’t dislike most of them any more if I tried