Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Did you ask him why BR (top coach) had us in the relegation zone? 

They all say “top coach”. Shakey is also a top coach. As was Steve McClaren. Brian Kidd is a highly respected, top coach. 

Jonny Evans also played under Sir Alex. I bet he doesn’t call him a top coach. 

None of them refer to him as a “top manager”. 

• Like 1

Vardy definitely will not want to leave/retire, by going out on such a low.
He has said more than once that we gave him his chance & believed in him.

l’m certain he will give it a real go next season & want to go out in style. 
His statement is well worded & seems genuine. Legend.

19 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Vardy definitely will not want to leave/retire, by going out on such a low.
He has said more than once that we gave him his chance & believed in him.

l’m certain he will give it a real go next season & want to go out in style. 
His statement is well worded & seems genuine. Legend.

More meaningful than others yes but I am not sure we can fully call it well worded as the last sentence was bit confusing.

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

If mount is worth 55m so is madders, Barnes has two years left so he’ll be worth 40odd so yes a 100ish. I don’t think anyone is attached to any of our players either, silly if they are.

And also if they’re saying Vardy will definitely be here next season. :P It’s way too early for anyone to make that call. 

No matter how heartfelt its no good letting us know now.

Should have pulled their fingers out when it mattered.

I know some have given years of quality service but they were all dickless last season.

We don't need them to tell us. It's was shït week after week after week.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Vardy’s one of the very few that doesn’t have a wage reduction clause. He’s also on apparently more than £140k…. 

The club aren't that stupid, it's basically common practice to have wage reduction clauses, especially for the highest earner at a club of our size. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bert said:

Vardy’s one of the very few that doesn’t have a wage reduction clause. He’s also on apparently more than £140k…. 

I highly doubt we gave him an extension AND a pay rise last year

32 minutes ago, Bert said:

To put that into perspective, the combined weekly wage of the Coventry City squad this year!  

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

£100M? We’ll do well to get £80M. The PL money is gone and the parachute payments are going towards our loans, we have to listen to all offers.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely lose all three strikers (and I don’t want to lose them, either) but it’s very easily in the realm of possibilities. 

Anyone keeping any sort of attachment to our players right now is setting themselves up for disappointment. 

...we will have to fund the loans which I would estimate to be approx £20m a year!!!

We will be getting £82m for the final league position plus Facilities fees (the number of times we were on television), so that would take us to the £100m mark. We will get a parachute payment that will bolster our coffers and add player sales, we will have funds to mount an excellent attempt to bounce right back. Even if we use £75m on salaries and £25m on loan repayments, the parachute payment (Broadcast Revenue), plus player sales, could give us a budget of over £100m to spend in the summer window.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I highly doubt we gave him an extension AND a pay rise last year

I was thinking this. I always thought he was on something just over £100k as well as Schmeichel. I’m not sure where the intel is coming from that he’s suddenly ended up on £140k but if it is true, it’s a massive worry.

I usually don't care much for what the players say but Vards aside the silence is bloody deafening. 

Half (at least) of what they say is always going to be trite sportsman waffle, but the lack of apologies and admitting what we've all been saying for months in that we simply haven't been good enough is making this worse.

They might not want to say the wrong thing but bloody hell at least try and be genuine and say something meaningful. Evans is our Club Captain and that's all he's said, it's laughable really. I think it speaks volumes of the lack of leadership that was plain as day for fans to see.

• Like 1