Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

I can quite confidently say that Vardy wont be here next year. the club cannot afford his wages simple as, the fact the club are looking at renting out spaces at the training ground tells you how thin the budget is going to be in the Championship, No parachute payments, some players not having relegation clauses. Its going to be rough and thats IF we even make it back to the PL after next season. The best honourble thing he can do out of respect for the club is to leave to balance the books for next season. He wont need to take a cut if the american league is willing to match it.

Legend through and through.

2 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I can quite confidently say that Vardy wont be here next year. the club cannot afford his wages simple as, the fact the club are looking at renting out spaces at the training ground tells you how thin the budget is going to be in the Championship, No parachute payments, some players not having relegation clauses. Its going to be rough and thats IF we even make it back to the PL after next season. The best honourble thing he can do out of respect for the club is to leave to balance the books for next season. He wont need to take a cut if the american league is willing to match it.

Is this just your opinion or have you heard this elsewhere?

I thought the bit at the end of his statement left it open that it could be possible he'll leave but I would have thought at this stage of his career he could have one last hoorah in the Championship. There's at least half a dozen teams he would bag against easily.

5 hours ago, Simoken said:

I'm really struggling to understand how some supporters don't get the deal. WE ARE CONTRACTED TO PAY HIM. It's not his problem to solve if we are brassic. 

I think, at absolute best, out of loyalty, he may be kind enough out of some loyalty to renegotiate his 6m a year wage next year to, say, 8m over 3 years instead. That's the best you can go for. Or we declare ourselves bankrupt and don't pay him a penny x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

image.thumb.png.1c08fe16a2b8d4aa9d1ac3b74fb641e3.png

Heartfelt message

So he can promote his family's shite coffee business but no comment on the relegation of the club that pays his wages. Modern footballers in a nutshell, they just don't care.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

Give it a year and he’ll be Captain. 

No chance not at 21 - I do agree that a full preseason and plan or formation with clarity on his role will help his development -  need to be careful to get carried away too early just because he uttered a few words rather than demonstrated it on the pitch !!

9 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Screenshot2023-06-06at08_54_22.png.4315dfdeb1953e140a908dd4aaf776e8.png

Apologies if posted elsewhere already but I like this attitude from a young player that's only been here for six months. He's raw but I can see him being an excellent asset for us in the Championship. 

Not been a big fan of him yet as thought he's been mediocre,  however, just a post like that has put him ahead of everyone other than Vardy in terms of having my respect.

Ability is one thing, and yes massive, but you need passion and commitment and he's one of only 2 players who have proved that upto now.

Did anyone really think, given how they've played all season, that the responses to us going down would be any different?

I find it laughable that social media and pundits are claiming us losing these players is something to worry about. It's the best ****ing news we've had in years. 

I can't believe my club went from being the envy of most of England to having the absolute epitomy of modern day footballers. Not to mention the kind of manager and tactics we all used to laugh at as our direct approach ripped up and conquered the Premier League. Absolutely disgusted with it all still.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

They do care, they don't have to post it on social media to prove it.

Agree 100%

I think this thread has proved, they can't win. Post a message and it's torn apart for insincerity. Post a positive picture of happy days and it's dismissed as crass. Say nothing and you don't care. 

Let them do their talking on the pitch next season.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree 100%

I think this thread has proved, they can't win. Post a message and it's torn apart for insincerity. Post a positive picture of happy days and it's dismissed as crass. Say nothing and you don't care. 

Let them do their talking on the pitch next season.  

Vardy and Kirstiansen have proven their reactions won't necessarily get criticised 

• Like 2

On 05/06/2023 at 19:46, Paninistickers said:

I'm really struggling to understand how some supporters don't get the deal. WE ARE CONTRACTED TO PAY HIM. It's not his problem to solve if we are brassic. 

I think, at absolute best, out of loyalty, he may be kind enough out of some loyalty to renegotiate his 6m a year wage next year to, say, 8m over 3 years instead. That's the best you can go for. Or we declare ourselves bankrupt and don't pay him a penny x

...if there is a clause in his contract then we can invoke this, but if there is no clause regarding relegation then we are obligated to pay his salary!!!