Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Barnes will be off , won’t stay for the championship campaign and who can blame him. 

Top and Rudkin need to wake up…

...it really will be interesting if a player comes out to say he is staying to put things right!!!

Piper was asked to go to balance the books, if we do not have to sell, it would have been interesting if Harvey had said he would stay.

As noted elsewhere, Barnes's apology was written by him and sincere. I value that a lot. Best of luck for the future, lad.

Perez's was some welcome comic relief. It's the only thing I've genuinely laughed at in weeks on here.

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it really will be interesting if a player comes out to say he is staying to put things right!!!

Piper was asked to go to balance the books, if we do not have to sell, it would have been interesting if Harvey had said he would stay.

Hasn't VK said as much?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

So far only VK has comitted to stay!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayTheFox said:

I fear you may be right, but if I’m honest Harvey would be the one player I would highly prioritise to keep at all costs. His record in the championship when on loan with West Brom was really good he would genuinely be a level above the in the championship and a key part of coming straight back up.

Think he’s our second most expensive asset so think it’s a necessity, more likely to keep kels 

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Those saying nobodies saying "I will stay to get us up next season", if someone did and then was sold, you'd be slaughtering them. 

Let's see who's here next season and we can go forwards from there.

Some may have their futures out of their hands due to needing funds etc. 

.. I  am sure the club can suggest it, you do not have to comply!!!

19 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

its a shame he didn't say " I am raging to be arart of the redemption of our club".

We need the money to bail us out of our financial black hole. He's our third highest goal scorer of Prem history. He's served us enough without him sacrificing his blossoming professional career to Rudkin's incompetence.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We need the money to bail us out of our financial black hole. He's our third highest goal scorer of Prem history. He's served us enough without him sacrificing his blossoming professional career to Rudkin's incompetence.

...it would be good to sell at this point in his contract, it is how we look to sustain this club!!!

It is down to Barnes if he stays or goes and we will have to live with whatever he decides and wish him well, but it would have been good if he turned around and said he is going nowhere. He has nothing to prove, to anyone.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I dont think we're in a financial black hole.  We have alot of wages off the book... barnes pribt is not earning too much.  The aussie bank loan can just be serviced.

As I say... when I have failed I have always said I will do my best to put things right.  Surprised barnes didnt say this.

6 hours ago, bovril said:

I don't see much shade, just understandable cynicism towards a player who's spent four underwhelming seasons with us posting a rather pathetic highlights video a week after we've got relegated.

You can’t see the shade and yet you’ve posted multiple negative Perez comments including this response lol.  As I said, he was played continually out of position, often expected to make an impact from the bench. Always worked hard for the team when given the chance. Our squad was weakened when he left and was replaced by Tete. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

its a shame he didn't say " I am raging to be arart of the redemption of our club".

Because it's not entirely up to him whether he stays. If the club turn round and say we need to sell you, then he's just gonna get called a snake by the fans for leaving 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

IMG_7630.png

I think Dan is just a bit dim.

It's sad. I thought he'd have appreciated his time with us a bit more but obviously not.

I'll always appreciate the raised heart rate when in possession and his frankly astonishing commitment to passing backwards or sideways.

Go well, big Dan.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It was the significance and magnitude that counts. Not what it banjoed off, although I think it was his thigh then hand. In particular, I enjoyed seeing Chelsea players with their arms up appealing for handball. For once the VAR ref got it correct. 

When you put it like that I suppose 🤣

8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I think Dan is just a bit dim.

It's sad. I thought he'd have appreciated his time with us a bit more but obviously not.

I'll always appreciate the raised heart rate when in possession and his frankly astonishing commitment to passing backwards or sideways.

Go well, big Dan.

My dry cleaning bill will be considerably less now that he won’t be playing in our defence ever again 

I cant believe people really care whether a player writes an ‘apology’ on their Instagram or not. Personally think every single one of these messages have been dreadful. I dont want to hear ‘im sorry’, ‘weve let you down blah blah blah’. I want to hear ‘we will do everything we can next season to make sure this club is promoted back to the Prem’. If you cant write that then dont say **** all

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2