Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

5 minutes ago, Otis said:

Ok only those who aren't an ostrich. 

Sorry but I'm insisting the majority of supporters did not predict relegation in 22/23, six months after finishing 5th for the year running and 5 months before we finished 8th. Only the special sort that had an agenda against Rodgers ever since the 1st Champions League bottle job. 

Edited by Stinky

Just now, Stinky said:

Sorry but I'm insisting the majority of supporters did not predict relegation in 22/23, six months after finishing 5th for the year running and 5 months before we finished 8th. Only the special sort that had an agenda against Rodgers ever since the 1st Champions League bottle job. 

Ok, but you could see performance wise the club was on downward spiral over the last 2 years.

No agenda against Rodgers, he just couldn't get his team to perform albeit about 3 matches last  season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Otis said:

Ok, but you could see performance wise the club was on downward spiral over the last 2 years.

No agenda against Rodgers, he just couldn't get his team to perform albeit about 3 matches last  season. 

Define downward spiral. We went 5th , 5th to 8th. A season comfortable in mid table would have been believable sure, but the thoughts of relegation this season starting back in 2021/22 can only have been predicted by the Matt's of this world (not a compliment)

9 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Define downward spiral. We went 5th , 5th to 8th. A season comfortable in mid table would have been believable sure, but the thoughts of relegation this season starting back in 2021/22 can only have been predicted by the Matt's of this world (not a compliment)

Performances, not necessarily results, but ultimately there's only so long you can sustain getting results your performances don't merit before you get what you deserve. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

At what stage did you stick a bet on us being relegated in 2021/early 2022? You'd have got some good odds so assume you put at least something on it?

I think your getting the wrong end of the stick, in your clamber to defend BR, most have said the performances were notably crap over an 18 month period, relegation was on the cards you just chose to suit the timeframe to suit you, and argue with everyone else, its happened move on the timeline is now irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Are you saying you were as surprised as the players seem to be that we were relegated?

At what stage in the season did you accept relegated looked likely?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Vazman said:

I think your getting the wrong end of the stick, in your clamber to defend BR, most have said the performances were notably crap over an 18 month period, relegation was on the cards you just chose to suit the timeframe to suit you, and argue with everyone else, its happened move on the timeline is now irrelevant.

Thats cheek to say move on lol I'm also not defending Rodgers FFS. I'd be interested to know what is the highest points tally from the previous season of a side who has got relegated? Even the highest league position in the season previous, I bet we're top or at least top if you exclude any sides with additional circumstances like financial trouble/points deductions. It's clear I appear to be in the minority of people who have visited this thread in the last 30mins to have not backed us to go down 12-24 months ago but if there was a poll on this forum at the beginning of this season simply asking "Are we going to be relegated in 2023", the majority would actually have said no. You wont change my mind on that and that was the point I was challenging Otis on from the very start. 

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

Are you saying you were as surprised as the players seem to be that we were relegated?

At what stage in the season did you accept relegated looked likely?

During this season? Start wasn't great, but we picked up before the WC and at that stage despite only being maybe a handful of points clear, it looked like we'd recovered. From January it with the Fulham result it looked as though we were firmly in the battle to stay up, I accepted we had been relegated at Fulham. 

Before this season which again I'll start was the point I was touching on from the start? Yes. However if I could see in to the future and see the board would continue to back the guy we'd struggled with all season for all but 9 games, I'd have been concerned. 

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

At what stage did you stick a bet on us being relegated in 2021/early 2022? You'd have got some good odds so assume you put at least something on it?

The naive, everything will be okay, Rodgers rimming species are usually quite illusive.

Thanks for standing out from the rest, but I much prefer the illusiveness.

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

During this season? Start wasn't great, but we picked up before the WC and at that stage despite only being maybe a handful of points clear, it looked like we'd recovered. From January it with the Fulham result it looked as though we were firmly in the battle to stay up, I accepted we had been relegated at Fulham. 

Before this season which again I'll start was the point I was touching on from the start? Yes. However if I could see in to the future and see the board would continue to back the guy we'd struggled with all season for all but 9 games, I'd have been concerned. 

Relegation has been a racing certainty - in the absence of urgent action - since the Forest cup match. Many of us were warning about the capacity of the team to fold, to get outplayed and outrun, and the feeble defending at set pieces and on the counter. We were saying prior to Forest that something needed to be done. Forest made the case indisputable. A Premier League team defending the FA Cup, playing Championship local rivals for the first time in eons and we are utterly destroyed. Plus Brendan saying that half the squad weren’t up to it - despite having no guarantee they could be got rid of. 

I’ve actually written a piece for The Fosse Way about the lesser known warning signs that were ignored,,

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-2023-viewpoint-8-errors-that-led-to-relegation

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Eh? A load of us were warning that we were on a trajectory towards relegation if we didn't change course, but I think everyone had the belief that the board wouldn't just go MIA for 9 months 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Otis said:

What strikes me in all of these players statements is they they seem in shock we where actually relegated. When the majority of the supporters could see/predict this happening over a year ago.

When you’ve got a manager telling you not to worry your too good for relegation, what do you expect?

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

The naive, everything will be okay, Rodgers rimming species are usually quite illusive.

Thanks for standing out from the rest, but I much prefer the illusiveness.

What part of "I'm not defending Rodgers" suggested I'm rimming Rodgers?

4 hours ago, Stinky said:

8th last season was a massive false position. We'd been far lower most of the season and only the last 5 or 6 games against dead rubber and already relegated opponents saw us finish on a high. In actual fact over the calendar year we'd picked up about 36 points from 105 available. 21/22 we didn't have the fast start of the two previous seasons,the performances in the Europa and then the conference were poor too (we should have hammered that group and got lucky to even drop into the conference in the end) and the set piece debacle was so bad it wasn't even funny in the end (42 set pieces conceded from in the final 2 seasons under Rodgers)

The spiral was there and continually quoting league positions is to ignore the red flags in the stats and displays.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

When you’ve got a manager telling you not to worry your too good for relegation, what do you expect?

We know footballers are not exactly the sharpest tools but how dumb can you be to not see week by week what is happening right in front of your eyes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stinky said:

We were 14th after 34 games then beat Norwich, Watford and Southampton

The only decent teams we beat in the league that season was Liverpool and a United side under Ole

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MattFox said:

We were 14th after 34 games then beat Norwich, Watford and Southampton

The only decent teams we beat in the league that season was Liverpool and a United side under Ole

lol well if you take out all draws and defeats, we actually had a 100% win rate 

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

The last few games of that season flattered us is what MattFox is trying to say. We were on a downward trajectory and had been for the last two seasons. 

...pretty true!!!

It was clear that at the back end of the season, the only team that needed the points (Everton) got all three from us, everyone else was on the beach. We had results which masked the problem, and when the point was argued, the cry was, it was a good season, look where we finished.

• Like 1