Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

14 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

The last few games of that season flattered us is what MattFox is trying to say. We were on a downward trajectory and had been for the last two seasons. 

I fully get what he's trying to say but when it comes to football I'm just not that big a fan of pretending matches didn't happen to boost an argument. Bit like how in that past people have discounted the FA Cup win when trying to batter Rodgers because we got lucky, apparently. 

8 hours ago, Stinky said:

Sorry but I'm insisting the majority of supporters did not predict relegation in 22/23, six months after finishing 5th for the year running and 5 months before we finished 8th. Only the special sort that had an agenda against Rodgers ever since the 1st Champions League bottle job. 

Can’t quote post thread as locked 

but the club should’ve know where we were heading.

We finished 8th but were bottom 3 on expected points.

So we were very fortunate to finish 8th that season.

As per below in 20/21 Brighton massively underperformed on expected points and the following season finished 9th more in line with their expected points 

The following season for us we actually finished in line with expected points from 21/22

13802C5B-A69A-4F15-B77E-328B3AC15450.thumb.jpeg.d69b88a40782a9b09aacc66c71b45cbc.jpeg

Just catching up on his thread, and I agree with Stinky’s point that very few on here were predicting relegation at the start of this season. Those few who did ( I haven’t got time to go back through the threads) were ridiculed on here by some, or had insults thrown at them. I admit I thought it was mad to suggest we could get relegated.

I put a small bet on before the first game that we’d finish top 6 ! ( Based on how comfortably we beat a championship side ). What do I know! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not sure many thought we'd actually get relegated (not this season anyway), I think most realised in the summer that if we didn't get things right with transfers we'd be in the mud next season, due to the players we were going to have to sell and those not renewing contracts. 

As you say, it's obvious we were on a downwards trajectory, but we still had the time to sort things out. To allow it to get to this point is shocking, Rodger's attitude in the summer should have seen him sacked. I can't forgive him for that negativity, I think that's what sowed the seeds for the total failure this season. We SHOULD have had enough to survive this season, but he just demoralised everyone before we kicked a ball. 

There’s a lot to be said about this. Can anyone point to any examples where players perform well in the midst of such disharmony? Either between fans-manager or manager-board or fans-board? There was so much negativity around the place for large parts of last season, and that impacts on people and performance levels like it would in any other job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nabb7 said:

'leicester' will rise again rather than 'we' will rise again, or am I looking too much into it?

I think they have to be so careful what the write when they have no idea if the club will want them sold. Reading into it is a pointless exercise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

Another one that ain’t shown up all season he couldn’t give a shite about Leicester do the fans and club a favour and **** off 

How do you know he doesn't give a sh1te? He's barely been used and admittedly struggled to find his feet, but he seems like a genuine person and i don't think i would ever accuse him of not caring?

• Like 3

These statements are so pathetic.

'After reflection' - fuch off.

All obviously written by someone else just trying to appease fans.

Never committing to anything in case they get a chance to jump ship.

Get in the bin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I think the club will listen to offers for everyone single one of them within reason.

This is it. He will be on a pile which is 'consider any offers over xxx mill'. Therefore, can you blame the player for coming out and not saying 'I will do everything to get LCFC back to the PL next season', 1 week before they find out they are about to be sold.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Would love to see him stay tbh but I'm sure the club and Daka's team will be open to offers if the price is right. 

I think we need to keep either Daka or Kelechi ideally 

Unless we can work out a deal for Kel (he has 1 year left) then he has to go. We can't be running contracts down next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Unless we can work out a deal for Kel (he has 1 year left) then he has to go. We can't be running contracts down next season.

Yeah I should have mentioned that your right. We cannot continue to let assets leave on a free. I guess some would argue it would be worth it if he got us back up with his goal contributions but from a financial point of view I imagine we need all the money we can get right now. 

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Thing is what would we sell him for £20 million? Is it worth it considering he could get us promoted? Giving £170 million. Id risk it and he may resign, with the correct manager hes a 15-20 goal as season striker in the Prem and thats a rare comodity. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

3 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah I should have mentioned that your right. We cannot continue to let assets leave on a free. I guess some would argue it would be worth it if he got us back up with his goal contributions but from a financial point of view I imagine we need all the money we can get right now. 

There is some assumption Kels would be a goal machine, but in reality im not convinced. Kels has gone though honking periods as well and i think we would be better considering him as the Madders replacement. BUT, building a team around someone leaving on a free is a bad idea, so if he isn't going to extend (and in reality, why should he?) then we should get a fee and keep Daka.

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

There is some assumption Kels would be a goal machine, but in reality im not convinced. Kels has gone though honking periods as well and i think we would be better considering him as the Madders replacement. BUT, building a team around someone leaving on a free is a bad idea, so if he isn't going to extend (and in reality, why should he?) then we should get a fee and keep Daka.

Problem is Daka is shit, so if we can fob him off somewhere on the basis of him scoring a few at Red Bull I would.

• Like 1