Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Thing is what would we sell him for £20 million? Is it worth it considering he could get us promoted? Giving £170 million. 

He won't get us promoted. A very good team and squad will, but we have to be realistic that even Kels running his contract down will behave differently in the 2nd half of next season. Its not always conscious and you won't want to go into your free agent period with a serious injury. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

There is some assumption Kels would be a goal machine, but in reality im not convinced. Kels has gone though honking periods as well and i think we would be better considering him as the Madders replacement. BUT, building a team around someone leaving on a free is a bad idea, so if he isn't going to extend (and in reality, why should he?) then we should get a fee and keep Daka.

Yeah good points mate, no guarantee he bags goals. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He won't get us promoted. A very good team and squad will, but we have to be realistic that even Kels running his contract down will behave differently in the 2nd half of next season. Its not always conscious and you won't want to go into your free agent period with a serious injury. 

Im just not sure the fee we will get is worth it. He will probably go somewhere like Everton and score a lot of goals his value will be much higher which will be annoying, then we come back up and struggle for a Premier League striker, thats if we can ever get out of this god foresaken divison. If Daka stays he will be bullied every week, he was bullied in the Prem, he stands no chance against thug defenders. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Im just not sure the fee we will get is worth it. He will probably go somewhere like Everton and score a lot of goals his value will be much higher which will be annoying, then we come back up and struggle for a Premier League striker, thats if we can ever get out of this god foresaken divison. If Daka stays he will be bullied every week, he was bullied in the Prem, he stands no chance against thug defenders. 

Don't know, but 1 year left on his deal so its going to be something like £15 mill. Somewhere like Brentford will lap that up.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You lot will whinge if they don't say anything and then will whinge when they do.

It's a belter day today. Go outside and do something productive rather than moaning.

Feel free to not come here then if it's bothering you that much.

1 hour ago, nabb7 said:

'leicester' will rise again rather than 'we' will rise again, or am I looking too much into it?

He uses 'our' in the same sentence though. Bet he's chuffed he choose us over Liverpool lol

50 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

How do you know he doesn't give a sh1te? He's barely been used and admittedly struggled to find his feet, but he seems like a genuine person and i don't think i would ever accuse him of not caring?

Seems like a genuine person oh sorry didn’t realise you knew him personally! I tell you what pal I’ll accuse the whole squad of not giving a **** all season hence why we are now in the championship have you been asleep for the last 9months players have been playing about about 50% all season we will see if your right and they care are the start of the new season in the championship see how many stay! 

• Like 1

OK - after seeing Patson's I've got to get involved here.

I've seen 4 or 5 insta video or comments where players are thanking the fans for their support (1 Leeds one and 3 or 4 of ours ?). One word is common across every one I've seen - "unwavering".

Quite an unusual word to use in any context these days.

Whats more curious though is I used Chat GPT recently to write a letter I needed ideas for. It used the word 'unwavering' 4 times in the letter.

So whilst we all know these guys have people writing these sincerest thank you's and apologies for them - my bet is their teams are generating these via AI. 

Off to get it to write one now to Brendan to thank him for fckin us over the last couple of years :)

(I see Foxile5 has already noticed this 'unwavering'ness !)

Edited by breaker7
Forgot to Quote Foxile5 !
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, breaker7 said:

OK - after seeing Patson's I've got to get involved here.

I've seen 4 or 5 insta video or comments where players are thanking the fans for their support (1 Leeds one and 3 or 4 of ours ?). One word is common across every one I've seen - "unwavering".

Quite an unusual word to use in any context these days.

Whats more curious though is I used Chat GPT recently to write a letter I needed ideas for. It used the word 'unwavering' 4 times in the letter.

So whilst we all know these guys have people writing these sincerest thank you's and apologies for them - my bet is their teams are generating these via AI. 

Off to get it to write one now to Brendan to thank him for fckin us over the last couple of years :)

(I see Foxile5 has already noticed this 'unwavering'ness !)

“We’ll go away and analyse it but the boys showed great character tonight” 

If they say nothing they're criticized for silence if they post it's just insincere PR. If they posted the truth they'd also be torn to pieces. Imagine:

"Really disappointed we were relegated. It's just been a terrible season. We were so low in confidence and Brendan kept throwing us under the bus. Our team spirit was shot and not helped because you guys, rather than giving unwavering support, booed us and told us we were unfit to wear the shirt. Well, I'm under contract so I might have to. Don't know if I'll be playing in front of you guys next year. Let's see what the club want to do and  what offers my agent gets... till then, up the Foxes!"

Edited by KansasFox
Spl. Correction
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’d have hoped people had learnt by now, keep players into their last season or so of their contract and you get players who, whether consciously or subconsciously, don’t play to their full potential.

It seems to often work out this way, although you would think a player in the final year of a contract would be busting a gut to play well in order to attract as much interest from the best possible clubs.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Dear Leicester City fans,

It is with a heavy heart and profound disappointment that I write this message to you today. Our journey this season has not gone as planned, and unfortunately, we find ourselves facing relegation. As a player of this incredible club, I take full responsibility for our collective performance on the field.

First and foremost, I want to express my sincerest apologies to each and every one of you, our devoted supporters. Your unwavering loyalty and passionate support have been the lifeblood of this club, and we let you down. We know the pride and joy that Leicester City brings to your lives, and we are deeply sorry for not meeting your expectations this season.

We understand the disappointment and frustration that this relegation brings, and we share those feelings with you. This is not where we wanted to be, and we are hurting just as much as you are. We want you to know that we are not taking this lightly, and we will do everything in our power to come back stronger.

It is during these difficult moments that your support means the most to us. You have stood by us through thick and thin, and we are incredibly grateful for your unwavering dedication. The chants, the cheers, and the sea of blue at every match have been our inspiration and motivation. You have shown us what it truly means to be a Leicester City fan, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

In times like these, we must stay united as a club and as a community. Together, we will face the challenges that lie ahead and work tirelessly to regain our rightful place. We will learn from our mistakes, rebuild, and come back stronger than ever.

Leicester City is not defined by one season, but by the indomitable spirit that runs through the veins of everyone associated with this great club. We have faced adversity before, and we have always risen above it. This setback will only make us more determined to succeed.

Once again, I offer my sincerest apologies to all Leicester City fans. We will use this experience as fuel to ignite a new era of success for our beloved club. Your faith in us has been unshakeable, and we promise to repay that faith in the seasons to come.

Thank you for standing by us, for your unwavering support, and for being the best fans in the world.

Gerrimin!

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Sampson said:

People said exactly the same thing about Tielemans last summer. Countless posts on here from different posters saying better to lose Tielemans on a free this summer than cash in last summer as Tielemans could be the difference between getting into Europe and not. Which looks ludicrous looking back.

I’d have hoped people had learnt by now, keep players into their last season or so of their contract and you get players who, whether consciously or subconsciously, don’t play to their full potential.

Tielmans had less incentive, I agree he probably should have gone 2 years back when he wouldnt extend. 

You'd think, I could be wrong that Kel would want to prove himself, or we could offer him a renewal upon promotion. whatever. I just feel if we end up back in the Prem we will regret it when he scores against us and we can't find a Striker to keep us up. Decent strikers are so rare, it can be the difference and 15 goal plus striker of staying up and going down. We are always bar a miracle going to be at best a yoyo club now theyve ****ed the legacy up. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Problem is Daka is shit

Last season:

G-xG difference: 

Daka: +0.5

Iheanacho: -2.3

Vardy: -2.9

Minutes per goal involvement:

Iheanacho: 112

Daka: 145.5

Vardy: 262

Shot conversion rate:

Daka: 13.3%

Iheanacho: 12.8%

Vardy: 10.7%

In what world is Daka shit and Kelechi the man to fire us back up? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

You lot will whinge if they don't say anything and then will whinge when they do.

It's a belter day today. Go outside and do something productive rather than moaning.

"It's too hot"

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Last season:

G-xG difference: 

Daka: +0.5

Iheanacho: -2.3

Vardy: -2.9

Minutes per goal involvement:

Iheanacho: 112

Daka: 145.5

Vardy: 262

Shot conversion rate:

Daka: 13.3%

Iheanacho: 12.8%

Vardy: 10.7%

In what world is Daka shit and Kelechi the man to fire us back up? 

If I had to guess probably the bit where his minutes per goal is vastly superior and where he scored more goals and had more assists and was our player of the season?

On 07/06/2023 at 10:31, Nalis said:

Surprised I'm the first one to like this post.

I thought this was one of the better ones and comes across as genuinely sincere. I dont know what else he could have said to be honest unless we deep dive overanalysis.

He's a good guy. More like him are needed to get back up.

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

If I had to guess probably the bit where his minutes per goal is vastly superior and where he scored more goals and had more assists and was our player of the season?

Vastly superior? It's 33 minutes. Over the course of a Premier league season playing a full 38 games and 90 minutes in each, it adds up to an extra 6-7 goal involvements (assists and goals). And I assume Daka is clearly shit on account of his superior finishing and marginally better shot conversion? 

Just now, The Doctor said:

Vastly superior? It's 33 minutes. Over the course of a Premier league season playing a full 38 games and 90 minutes in each, it adds up to an extra 6-7 goal involvements (assists and goals). And I assume Daka is clearly shit on account of his superior finishing and marginally better shot conversion? 

To be fair my remark was a bit pithy - I don't actually think Daka is rubbish, I think every player played below their capabilities because of Rodgers and then the continuation of our absolute dumpster fire of a club towards the end of the season - but I think it's clear that Nacho had a better season than Daka - so I'm not surprised people might have that take.

I'd edge Nacho over Daka certainly going forward, but I think Nacho is likely to leave anyway so I think it's irrelevant. Daka's underlying stats might look better on those two metrics, but honestly I don't think you can in any way say that Daka performed better last season. I mean for example your first stat may show that Nacho underperforms his xG, but he had a whole 2 higher xG according to Understat than Daka managed - so despite less playing time he had far better chances to score and the shot conversion rate you've quoted is marginal between the two. Understat also says Nacho only underperformed his xG by 1.13 and that Daka did marginally by 0.06 so I assume your data is from elsewhere that may or may not be more or less reliable.

I think at the end of the day Nacho has proven far more at our club than Daka, but I'm not in the process of writing players off so hopefully Daka can come good for us.

• Like 2