Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

Just now, The_Rorab said:

To be fair my remark was a bit pithy - I don't actually think Daka is rubbish, I think every player played below their capabilities because of Rodgers and then the continuation of our absolute dumpster fire of a club towards the end of the season - but I think it's clear that Nacho had a better season than Daka - so I'm not surprised people might have that take.

I'd edge Nacho over Daka certainly going forward, but I think Nacho is likely to leave anyway so I think it's irrelevant. Daka's underlying stats might look better on those two metrics, but honestly I don't think you can in any way say that Daka performed better last season. I mean for example your first stat may show that Nacho underperforms his xG, but he had a whole 2 higher xG according to Understat than Daka managed - so despite less playing time he had far better chances to score and the shot conversion rate you've quoted is marginal between the two. Understat also says Nacho only underperformed his xG by 1.13 and that Daka did marginally by 0.06 so I assume your data is from elsewhere that may or may not be more or less reliable.

I think at the end of the day Nacho has proven far more at our club than Daka, but I'm not in the process of writing players off so hopefully Daka can come good for us.

Mines from Fbref, and my position is that there's a gnats pube between them in terms of ability and those arguing Daka is shit and kelechi will piss the division are based on emotive judgments, whether they like the player or not, not from any reasoned position 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scanchez said:

These statements are so pathetic.

'After reflection' - fuch off.

All obviously written by someone else just trying to appease fans.

Never committing to anything in case they get a chance to jump ship.

Get in the bin.

What makes you think these statements are written by someone else? The players have been stating “unwavering” for years on their socials …. 👀🤣

Seriously though, why are they all using “unwavering”, they’ve never said the word in their lives!!

• Like 1

On 07/06/2023 at 17:52, Foxxed said:

As noted elsewhere, Barnes's apology was written by him and sincere. I value that a lot. Best of luck for the future, lad.

Perez's was some welcome comic relief. It's the only thing I've genuinely laughed at in weeks on here.

Jonny Evans with a pic of him lifting the FA Cup had me in stitches too

On 07/06/2023 at 17:52, Foxxed said:

As noted elsewhere, Barnes's apology was written by him and sincere. I value that a lot. Best of luck for the future, lad.

Perez's was some welcome comic relief. It's the only thing I've genuinely laughed at in weeks on here.

What did perez say?

58 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Mines from Fbref, and my position is that there's a gnats pube between them in terms of ability and those arguing Daka is shit and kelechi will piss the division are based on emotive judgments, whether they like the player or not, not from any reasoned position 

They are different kinds of player imo. Daka is supposedly a finisher, Kelechi probably holds the ball up better and lays it off, can player a killer pass in behind, his play is more vsried tgan an out and out striker. Daka seems to offer little if he not scoring, he tries hard, maybe too hard. 

I'm not sure if it's just wank management for both players. Maybe shit is harsh on Daka, my big issue with Daka is he often falls over and he gets knocked off the ball so easily. If he toughened up a bit, there might be a half decent player in there.

43 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

What did perez say?

Nothing. There was just some crazy energetic music, a load of goal clips, pictures of him with trophies. It was so out of place you couldn't help but laugh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KansasFox said:

If they say nothing they're criticized for silence if they post it's just insincere PR. If they posted the truth they'd also be torn to pieces. Imagine:

"Really disappointed we were relegated. It's just been a terrible season. We were so low in confidence and Brendan kept throwing us under the bus. Our team spirit was shot and not helped because you guys, rather than giving unwavering support, booed us and told us we were unfit to wear the shirt. Well, I'm under contract so I might have to. Don't know if I'll be playing in front of you guys next year. Let's see what the club want to do and  what offers my agent gets... till then, up the Foxes!"

I'm sure if they told the real truth of it, most would be happy, will be interested to hear Timmy Castagne's apology when it comes, he often tells it how it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

They are different kinds of player imo. Daka is supposedly a finisher, Kelechi probably holds the ball up better and lays it off, can player a killer pass in behind, his play is more vsried tgan an out and out striker. Daka seems to offer little if he not scoring, he tries hard, maybe too hard. 

I'm not sure if it's just wank management for both players. Maybe shit is harsh on Daka, my big issue with Daka is he often falls over and he gets knocked off the ball so easily. If he toughened up a bit, there might be a half decent player in there.

...the formation that suits Nacho is 4-3-3 not the 4-2-3-1 where he needs to play the #10 role!!!

This team would be better last season as a 4-3-3, we just chopped and changed too much. It would be interesting if with Haise we play a 3-4-2-1 and go back to the loan striker role. That way for the moment we would need to play with 2 #10s and Piroe is someone who would suit this role with Nacho and perhaps Daka taking the lead.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...the formation that suits Nacho is 4-3-3 not the 4-2-3-1 where he needs to play the #10 role!!!

This team would be better last season as a 4-3-3, we just chopped and changed too much. It would be interesting if with Haise we play a 3-4-2-1 and go back to the loan striker role. That way for the moment we would need to play with 2 #10s and Piroe is someone who would suit this role with Nacho and perhaps Daka taking the lead.

Iheanacho is better in the 4-2-3-1 as the #10 and not the lone striker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Iheanacho is better in the 4-2-3-1 as the #10 and not the lone striker.

...out of all the options that I have listed I did not suggest Nacho as a lone striker!!!

I have never been an advocate of him playing as a lone striker, the 4-3-3 would see him as a withdrawn striker, with the wide forwards generally going ahead of him. In a Haise 3-4-2-1, he would be one of the #10s with Daka (or Vardy) ahead of him.

• Like 1

Jesus wept. You read that and it's either written by an African expert on Facebook or AI. Either way it's an insight into why we were relegated.

Was that the "fighting spirit" that was there when...
a) we got badly butt****ed 6-2 by Spurs?
b) rogered royally 5-2 by Brighton?
c) hammered horribly 5-2 by Fulham?
d) knocked out the cup pitifully by Blackburn?
e) mullered meekly by the Scousers?
f) got doubled by Southampton?
g) got doubled by Bournemouth?
h) or just the fighting spirit that didn't show up vs Forest, Brentford, Palace, Fulham or any of the other 24 games that we lost last season.

This is another one that can fvck off to his next club and never touch our shirt again. Hopeless, gutless, useless willy puller.

• Like 2

These reactions / messages are simply to make the players feel better before they move on. Message to supporters, tick, chapter closed, tick, move on, tick. 

Would rather they said nothing and showed their reaction on the pitch next year (which clearly won’t be happening with 90% of these let downs)