Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

16 minutes ago, Hales said:

I'm surprised nothing from Vardy yet? Unless they have been told to say nothing?

He's probably looking at his finances, ensuring he can maintain his lifestyle when his wife's legal expenses come at a cost to it.

Just now, oundlefox said:

Nothing they say can appease the fans after this season. 

It will be all be cliches like ‘we gave our all’, we stuck together’,  ‘we fought to the end’, ‘nobody is hurting more than us.’

Yep, until you jump ship. 

Mentally a number of them had already quit earlier in the season, can't wait to see the back of them now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I desperately want him to stay however I feel conflicted, he doesn’t deserve to go down, and say he stays here and we fail to go up, maybe the team isn’t cohesive and opportunities are sparse, his career is then potentially affected by his loyalty to our mess. 

Desperately want him to stay but at the same time he deserves to be in the premier league, I think somewhere like Brighton would suit him massively. 

Kel has a year left 

we need money 

= bye bye kel 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

The fact we have someone as brilliant as him and absolute wankstains like Tielemans get the armband. 

I'd love to know what both managers this season have judged in training and around the dressing room to make decisions like that. 54 year old Ndidi actually getting a game is another classic. The list goes on and on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

Has there been anything posted on social media yet? Seems like they’re all afraid. 

I shouldn't there are bothered in the slightest. When you haven't won in 29 of 38 games what defence have they got for their abysmal performances week after week.

Just now, Wymsey said:

He's probably looking at his finances, ensuring he can maintain his lifestyle when his wife's legal expenses come at a cost to it.

Probably have a book or two written for him, maybe a pop up book too for the permanently  inebriated :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Offer him an extension. Sell any player who will not sign an extension (wages to rise on promotion).

Depends what a club will offer him to go there 

a PL club will easily  offer 70k 

we are probably paying him 85/90k which will drop to 50/60k next season 

I doubt he wants to play in the championship- surely he would take a move (with a few mill s/o fee ) and guaranteed five years at 70/80k ?? 

and yesterday showed that he isn’t the man to play up top on his own (we all know that).  The general fascination with 4-3-3 atm doesn’t help him. 

of course he may decide to see out his final year and go on a free - I don’t know his mentality 

Edited by st albans fox

55 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Some of the uncertainty Evans mentions there can go some way to explaining our plight. 

Evans said he looked for commitment, but couldn't find any. Perhaps players not willing to stick around with the club and actually sign contracts was one of them. Collectively a group of players, including his own, not knowing their own futures is a good recipe for failure. Especially seemingly influential players. How can Evans ask for full commitment when he sounds like he's going to leave the club anyway? 

It's like they all knew relegation became a certainty as each passing week went by, so have perhaps had their heads turned gradually to other opportunities. 

...according to the quote, he (Evans) said "he was looking for signs of a lack of commitment, and found none"!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-players-say-goodbye-8477752

Leicester City players say goodbye to each other after relegation confirmed
With eight players out of contract and more set to be sold after the club's fall into the second tier, players said goodbye in the dressing room after likely their last game as team-mates

ByJordan Blackwell
21:14, 28 MAY 2023

The Leicester City squad said goodbye to each other in the changing room after their relegation with players unsure of where their future lies.

City’s fall to the Championship was confirmed on Sunday afternoon, the club falling two points short of survival after Everton also won on the final day.

The club have eight players out of contract this summer and many more who will need to be sold to make up for the loss of revenue that comes with falling into the second tier.

And so, in the dressing room at the King Power Stadium after the game, after a period of silence, the players said goodbye to each other, knowing it was maybe their last game as team-mates.

Skipper Jonny Evans, who is one of those out of contract, told BBC Radio Leicester: “It’s tough to take. We knew going into the weekend that we had to win our game and hope things went our way, but it wasn’t to be.

“There was silence (in the dressing room) for a long time. We know there’s going to be a lot of changes as there are a lot of players out of contract.

“It was an opportunity for everyone to say goodbye really. A lot of us don’t know where we’re going to end up. It was more just dealing with that really and wishing everyone all of the best.”

The uncertainty around players’ futures, not just those out of contract, has been a point of contention all season, with some supporters bemoaning that those wearing blue did not care enough over the club’s plight, knowing they would not suffer the repercussions. Evans said he looked for signs of a lack of commitment, but did not find any.

He added: “It’s hard to know how people are feeling inside and how they feel about the situation. That’s (players’ contracts) something for the club to think about. It shouldn’t be (a problem), if you’re under contract and you’re playing.

“I think everyone competed the best they could. As captain, you’re always looking for new things. Is the commitment there? You make sure the boys are always firing and giving everything, and from a personal experience, I felt that was there all season.”

Couldn’t give a toss about them saying goodbye to each other.

Never know such a bunch of mercenaries in all my years supporting the club.

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I honestly don’t care about his aspirations right now, the only argument that needs to come into play when discussing his future is do we sell this summer for £ or risk keeping him for another year in the hope that we go back up, but may then lose him for free next summer.

I do get that and that’s my attitude to most players, however on Kel I make an exception, the guy has done nothing wrong, has been treated like shit by Rodgers and mismanaged by previous managers, he’s never not put in 110% and is as honest a player as we’ve had in the last few years, reminds me very much of players like Morgan/Huth, just professional through and through, and as much as I want him to stay, even if it’s financially viable to keep him, if the right team comes in I’ll give him my blessing and wish him well. He’s one of the few players id so that for thought. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The one we all care about though 

We don’t ‘deserve’ anything given how the club management at board level has turned to absolute sh*t since Top let it.

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Marshall might come across as passionate and say some valid stuff in a football sense, especially at times like this. But he was a loose cannon and definitely had some controversial political views, let's say. I don't blame the club for getting him out. 

Yeah. Marshall is a loose cannon and not somebody I'd want to be associated with either. 

38 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m good mate. I’ll back my club and be in attendance no matter what league we are in. 

...I do not think he meant we do not renew our season tickets, what he is trying to say is, we bring the board's focus to the existing problems and not  just to carry on regardless!!!

• Like 1