Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

32 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No you just don't loan him to a rival club.  Clubs like Barnsley and Derby have both recently been Championship and are at the right end challenging again. More than the "level" it's about building him up a bit because he's about 4 stone lighter than most footballers his age. He needs a 58 game, 2 games a week season.

I just can’t see him gaining anything playing at L1 level that he couldn’t at Championship level for us.

To be honest, with Thomas, a large part of our fan base will never give him a chance because he has already been judged and people won’t change their minds. 

For his sake, he’d be better off if we let him go permanently to another Championship team and kick start his career that way. 

7 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I just can’t see him gaining anything playing at L1 level that he couldn’t at Championship level for us.

To be honest, with Thomas, a large part of our fan base will never give him a chance because he has already been judged and people won’t change their minds. 

For his sake, he’d be better off if we let him go permanently to another Championship team and kick start his career that way. 

As is regularly discussed, a large part of our fan base are idiots, though.

I'm sure Thomas would much prefer the opportunity to continue with us. If he doesn't get regular game time in the Championship, then maybe at the end of the season, he might want to review his options.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

As is regularly discussed, a large part of our fan base are idiots, though.

I'm sure Thomas would much prefer the opportunity to continue with us. If he doesn't get regular game time in the Championship, then maybe at the end of the season, he might want to review his options.

I don’t like speaking ill of our fan base but there just seems to be a negativity around academy players and them being classed as never being good enough.

Chilwell got hounded out, we have people who say Barnes will find his level in the Championship, some saying KDH is League 1 standard when he’s already done really really at Championship level, same with Iverson. 

If I had a young son who was getting sought out by various clubs, I’d literally keep him well away from Leicester. 

Don’t get me wrong, I want Thomas to be in the side next season to put the loan to the Championship talk into practice but I just think he may need to go elsewhere to be finally appreciated. Somewhere like a Bristol City with Nige!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I don’t like speaking ill of our fan base but there just seems to be a negativity around academy players and them being classed as never being good enough.

Chilwell got hounded out, we have people who say Barnes will find his level in the Championship, some saying KDH is League 1 standard when he’s already done really really at Championship level, same with Iverson. 

If I had a young son who was getting sought out by various clubs, I’d literally keep him well away from Leicester. 

Don’t get me wrong, I want Thomas to be in the side next season to put the loan to the Championship talk into practice but I just think he may need to go elsewhere to be finally appreciated. Somewhere like a Bristol City with Nige!

You'd keep your son away from Leicester because people have split views on players? That happens everywhere. 

The people who wanted Chilwell out aren't necessarily the same people who don't rate KDH etc etc. 

16 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

It’s not  an extra year extension, he signed a long contract years ago. 

All I’m saying is it doesn’t end next summer some as some fans are saying. 

I remember at the time, the club didn't announce the exact length of the deal, just that it was long term. Some websites have that down as 2024 which would make that contract only 4 years, I suspect it was 5 which takes him to 2025.

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

He won't get a full season here with Kristiansen in that position and frankly he's a better player than Luke. If you loan him to a rival it plays against you but if you loan him to an also ran he's not learning anything, just how to concede sloppy goals and struggle. It's a tough one because he should have done this stage of his career already.

22 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

You'd keep your son away from Leicester because people have split views on players? That happens everywhere. 

The people who wanted Chilwell out aren't necessarily the same people who don't rate KDH etc etc. 

I just think we have a really bad fan base for giving our own a fair crack. Compared to other clubs. I know a lot of Sheff Utd fans for example and live and work in Sheffield and they take massive pride in when a young Sheffielder gets into the first team. 

Even Derby is a better club as far as the East Midlands goes for a younger to come through.

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He won't get a full season here with Kristiansen in that position and frankly he's a better player than Luke. If you loan him to a rival it plays against you but if you loan him to an also ran he's not learning anything, just how to concede sloppy goals and struggle. It's a tough one because he should have done this stage of his career already.

I get you in that we actually have two potentially very good Championship left backs and young ones at that at the club. Personally I’d rotate them but there’s no point loaning Thomas as doesn’t his contract end next year? He won’t want to sign a new one if he’s sent off to league 1 so may as well let him go on a permanent deal to a championship club for his own sake. 

But then who becomes our second left back? In the case of him being loaned as well. We wouldn’t get a loan from a Premier League club as they’d expect to be played and we have Kristiansen. Do we get an older player happy to sit on the bench? That’s when you end up with a Bertrand….

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

...so long as an academy player is not reading forums such as these every day then he would be ok!!!

When you are on Instagram and Twitter, you most likely be picking up poor reviews from supporters.

He's not good enough to be a top half Premier league full back but he's surely good enough for a championship side. People need to stop thinking like we're needing players to push for Europe, we need a promotion push and Thomas is surely good enough for that, especially as he should still be improving and getting a proper coach/manager in should at least stop his regression. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Chilwell was spouting of about moving January 2020 then proceeded to drop an absolute shocker for the remainder of the season

7 hours ago, MattFox said:

Chilwell was spouting of about moving January 2020 then proceeded to drop an absolute shocker for the remainder of the season

Yes I agree, he was poor before he left. My point though was about him just never being accepted by large number of people. It makes it understandable why he’d have wanted to move. I remember being at games where he’d be jeered every time he got the ball’

VK didn't impress me one bit last season. Seems to have upset some of the camp or been bullied by the camp also. Seemed a bag of nerves so see why he was dropped for Thomas. VK more likely to be the one loaned out in my opinion. Thomas will be a big part of next season for me. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

VK didn't impress me one bit last season. Seems to have upset some of the camp or been bullied by the camp also. Seemed a bag of nerves so see why he was dropped for Thomas. VK more likely to be the one loaned out in my opinion. Thomas will be a big part of next season for me

What a depressing sentence 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

What is this talk about VK upsetting or being singled out by other players? Can anybody shed any light on it or is it poppycock?

It was mentioned by someone soon after he joined that he didn't get on with the clique that is Maddison/Barnes/KDH/Thomas. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It was mentioned by someone soon after he joined that he didn't get on with the clique that is Maddison/Barnes/KDH/Thomas. 

Well, if 'someone' said it then it must be true.

'Someone' also said something about my willy being big.

That someone was me.

And I was lying. 

• Haha 1