Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

10 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

****, meant to put this in the new manager thread. I've got a newborn and have had about two hours sleep. 

I wouldn’t worry about it. Hutter’s a bit of a “player” going by some of the pics of him in the other thread. Hope all is going well with the new arrival btw. It gets worse …. and then infinitely better 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. Hutter’s a bit of a “player” going by some of the pics of him in the other thread. Hope all is going well with the new arrival btw. It gets worse …. and then infinitely better 

This is number 2! We've got a 4 year gap between the two of them. Forgot how knackering it was at the start, basic error.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I bet you were one who was saying he needed a loan to the Championship when we were in the Prem and have now downgraded him as justification for not playing him now we are in the Championship!

Just be honest and say ‘I don’t like him, I never will so I want us to get rid of him’.

I hope he comes good and thought it would happen

Unfortunately he has gone down hill faster than Franz Klammer

A loan to League 1 or League 2 might build up his confidence

Just not good enough but would happier to loan rather than get rid

1 minute ago, Andy W said:

Don't add League 2 in 😂

25 minutes ago, Andy W said:

I just don’t get this mindset.

So you want us to loan him out to an inferior league, likely paying a large part of his wages whilst having to bring in a new left back with the associated costs of possibly the transfer fee, wages, agents fees etc, for Thomas to then likely walk for free when his contract ends next summer?

Thats just really poor business sense, better off let him go on a permanent transfer out this summer.

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

I just don’t get this mindset.

So you want us to loan him out to an inferior league, likely paying a large part of his wages whilst having to bring in a new left back with the associated costs of possibly the transfer fee, wages, agents fees etc, for Thomas to then likely walk for free when his contract ends next summer?

Thats just really poor business sense, better off let him go on a permanent transfer out this summer.

Perhaps a contact extension like choudary

1 hour ago, Andy W said:

Perhaps a contact extension like choudary

And why would he. He’d be better finding a permanent home elsewhere.

Add to that the needless cost of bringing a new LB in. Either we keep Kristiansen and Thomas competing and rotating with each other or we let Thomas go permanently and hope the fee and saving in wages can fund the replacement. A loan just makes zero sense.

2 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

been benched for a few matches and all of a sudden didn't feel as valuable as when I first arrived. As I said, that was pretty tough, but it was also a new challenge for me."

Ffs Brendan. 

On 11/06/2023 at 16:35, Stuntman_Mike said:

You'd keep your son away from Leicester because people have split views on players? That happens everywhere. 

The people who wanted Chilwell out aren't necessarily the same people who don't rate KDH etc etc. 

Anyone born in the new millennium is an idiot and deserves to be told they aren’t good enough. It certainly worked on my children as it gave them the motivation to go find lives and achievements away from the family nest. I’d tell you if it works but they don’t return my calls or texts. 

• Haha 3

Not getting all this negativity around Luke. Yes, he didnt have a great season and VK is better then him, but the amount of games we'll have in the championship, Luke is good enough as a 2nd LB. We all know how proactive the full backs are under Pep, and i think Enzo will bring the same philosophy. Having a coach that isn't Rodgers, will be good for Luke, who looked decent when he 1st came into the team, but a few months with Rodgers had him playing worse. The same could be said for VK.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Not getting all this negativity around Luke. Yes, he didnt have a great season and VK is better then him, but the amount of games we'll have in the championship, Luke is good enough as a 2nd LB. We all know how proactive the full backs are under Pep, and i think Enzo will bring the same philosophy. Having a coach that isn't Rodgers, will be good for Luke, who looked decent when he 1st came into the team, but a few months with Rodgers had him playing worse. The same could be said for VK.

I think it’s the fact that he’s not got any particularly strong attributes mate.
He’s not strong. He’s not overly quick. He’s not great at shooting, tackling, heading. The list goes on…. 

Luke may find his level at the Championship or below in time, but he’s shown since he came into 2-3 years ago that he’s not good enough consistently at Prem level. It’s a shame as he’s a local lad but life often isn’t about sentimentality…..

I think at the end of the day by the end of Rodgers' tenure no-one was progressing or playing particularly well.

I don't think Thomas had a particularly good last year, but new managers have revitalised players in poor form or stagnating in development before - so I'm not really writing off anyone before seeing them under a new regime - hopefully the Rodgers shackles being off can help a lot of players at the club!