Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

31 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I desperately want him to stay however I feel conflicted, he doesn’t deserve to go down, and say he stays here and we fail to go up, maybe the team isn’t cohesive and opportunities are sparse, his career is then potentially affected by his loyalty to our mess. 

Desperately want him to stay but at the same time he deserves to be in the premier league, I think somewhere like Brighton would suit him massively. 

...he stayed with the club when his opportunities were scare to none!!!

He supports projects back in his country and is probably comfortable being here at this club. I would not expect him to leave any time soon.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Probably told to stay quiet for a day or 2. Or they’re too busy arranging moves 

Well Maddison already knows what's coming his way the moment he comments. Will be the "we'll be fine" quotes from his earlier tweet moaning at Rob Tanner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Says a lot about people when your more bothered about where you will be next season minutes after letting down a whole football club and city

Some seem to forget that for the players, it's a job. They've got no loyalty to the club or the city - they're just employees looking to maximize their income..

P.S. I get the impression that Ian Marshall is a raving drunk.

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Some seem to forget that for the players, it's a job. They've got no loyalty to the club or the city - they're just employees looking to maximize their income..

P.S. I get the impression that Ian Marshall is a raving drunk.

I buy that to an extent but some like Jamie Vardy and a few academy players, not all will have more loyalty to the club.

I wouldn’t be surprised if JV took on a coaching role within the club, similar to Kevin Phillips a few seasons ago. He is certainly a player the academies can look up too and learn from.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Evans can piss right off. Blokes been a sick note all season. 

I like Jonny but when he needed to stand up and be counted as captain he went straight to sick bay. Him and Albrighton as Captain and Vice Captain was another ridiculous choice in a sea of many bizarre decisions 

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I like Jonny but when he needed to stand up and be counted as captain he went straight to sick bay. Him and Albrighton as Captain and Vice Captain was another ridiculous choice in a sea of many bizarre decisions 

Are we actually saying that the situation happened where these players decided to be injured when needed? 

You are chatting complete shit mate. Have a day off 

Edited by koop.
  • Like 4

Just now, koop. said:

Are we actually saying that the situation happened where these players decided to be injured when needed? 

You are chatting completely shit mate. Have a day off 

Have difficulty with written reasoning you twonk. 

He's renowned (by previous managers) for missing games due to the slightest of injuries. He should not have been made captain. 

You don't seem to know a lot so give your head a wobble 

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Kel will stay. with the parachute and money from Madders and one or two others we're not that desperate.

If he's going to stay the club really need to sort out a contract extension with him. He's only got one year remaining. If they can't reach an agreement then he's got to be sold for whatever they can get for him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Some of the uncertainty Evans mentions there can go some way to explaining our plight. 

Evans said he looked for commitment, but couldn't find any. Perhaps players not willing to stick around with the club and actually sign contracts was one of them. Collectively a group of players, including his own, not knowing their own futures is a good recipe for failure. Especially seemingly influential players. How can Evans ask for full commitment when he sounds like he's going to leave the club anyway? 

It's like they all knew relegation became a certainty as each passing week went by, so have perhaps had their heads turned gradually to other opportunities. 

I agree with everything you’ve said and there clearly was a lack of commitment. But I’m a pedant so just wanted to point out that Evans said he looked for a lack of commitment and couldn’t find any. But aye, either way. There wasn’t any. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Kel will stay. with the parachute and money from Madders and one or two others we're not that desperate.

I think you underestimate the situation. In terms of cashflow and FFP (which, as others have pointed out, are actually enforced by the EFL) 

We need around 120m in player sales, ideally by end of June. 

A fair estimate would be the following (all depends on how many bidders individuals can attract)

Madders 40m 

Barnes 35m

Castagne 15m

Soumare 5m 

Kels 15m 

Faes 10m 

Apart from JJ, maybe Daka, maybe even Iversen, I can't imagine any other players attracting worthwhile bids

If we are lucky, then we will release Praet for free and untangle ourselves from his wage

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I do get that and that’s my attitude to most players, however on Kel I make an exception, the guy has done nothing wrong, has been treated like shit by Rodgers and mismanaged by previous managers, he’s never not put in 110% and is as honest a player as we’ve had in the last few years, reminds me very much of players like Morgan/Huth, just professional through and through, and as much as I want him to stay, even if it’s financially viable to keep him, if the right team comes in I’ll give him my blessing and wish him well. He’s one of the few players id so that for thought. 

Completely agree - but we really need him! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Surprised brand Madders hasn't come out with some drivel yet

Saving it for the "Sad to be leaving - it's been brilliant here - you're great fans - will bounce straight back because there's an excellent atmosphere in the changing room" tweet.

Guest Mee-9

They're probably all on the first flight to Mykonos this morning anyway. 

I can't wait to see the comments when in a week or so they post pictures on Instagram with their wives and girlfriends at Ocean Beach. 

The pelters they will get. 

25 minutes ago, koop. said:

You are chatting complete shit mate. Have a day off 

so glad somebody said this!  I never understand why fans get  angry at players for being injured, it’s not like anybody wants that. 

Jonny is an old boy in football terms his body is done, the club shouldn’t have been in a position where he was vital to our success. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Have difficulty with written reasoning you twonk. 

He's renowned (by previous managers) for missing games due to the slightest of injuries. He should not have been made captain. 

You don't seem to know a lot so give your head a wobble 

He's the type of character we need more of, not less of. Injuries aside, more players that actually get stuck in and we wouldn't be in the shit we are in 

Yes he's injured and at the end of a career but to say he fakes injury because he can't be arsed is ridiculous....

You twonk 

• Like 3