Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

They're probably all on the first flight to Mykonos this morning anyway. 

I can't wait to see the comments when in a week or so they post pictures on Instagram with their wives and girlfriends at Ocean Beach. 

The pelters they will get. 

Spot on. This is why Madders especially should be punished. Board must say to him to bring an offer around 80m or he's not going anywhere. Let him rot for a full season in front of his social media accounts he loves more than the team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, koop. said:

We've been blessed to have him in a city shirt. Every time he touches the ball you can tell he's a cut above.

The ****ing waffle on this site is at an absolute high 

Did I ever questioned his talent? I'm questioning certain things about him. The fact also is that he was nowhere to be found since mid December. 

If he's a cut above, as an English international he needs to bring an offer of around 80m. The board must make this clear. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Did I ever questioned his talent? I'm questioning certain things about him. The fact also is that he was nowhere to be found since mid December. 

If he's a cut above, as an English international he needs to bring an offer of around 80m. The board must make this clear. 

I absolutely agree. If we sell Harry Maguire for that kind of money then letting Madders go cheap is criminal, but we don't really have much to bargain with now sadly 

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Some seem to forget that for the players, it's a job. They've got no loyalty to the club or the city - they're just employees looking to maximize their income..

P.S. I get the impression that Ian Marshall is a raving drunk.

Some players have loyalty...Vardy, Steve Bull at Wolves, Matt le Tissier at Southampton. Admittedly, there are a lot of players that don't but some do. It's a short career and they have to get what they can really. It works both ways. Some players have shown loyalty and been shown the door. Matt Piper wanted to stay but city needed the money apparently and sold him.

51 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think you underestimate the situation. In terms of cashflow and FFP (which, as others have pointed out, are actually enforced by the EFL) 

We need around 120m in player sales, ideally by end of June. 

A fair estimate would be the following (all depends on how many bidders individuals can attract)

Madders 40m 

Barnes 35m

Castagne 15m

Soumare 5m 

Kels 15m 

Faes 10m 

Apart from JJ, maybe Daka, maybe even Iversen, I can't imagine any other players attracting worthwhile bids

If we are lucky, then we will release Praet for free and untangle ourselves from his wage

So how have Everton and Man City got away with it

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...according to the quote, he (Evans) said "he was looking for signs of a lack of commitment, and found none"!!!

This is the same player who claimed they needed to continue the "same level of effort" as they did in the Liverpool game.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is the same player who claimed they needed to continue the "same level of effort" as they did in the Liverpool game.

...he obviously felt that what we gave against Liverpool was a step further than our previous games!!!

Not surprising that he states he has not found a lack of commitment, as it would be an extraordinary statement to have made otherwise. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Some seem to forget that for the players, it's a job. They've got no loyalty to the club or the city - they're just employees looking to maximize their income..

P.S. I get the impression that Ian Marshall is a raving drunk.

Ian Marshall drinks locally and from what I’m told just a very normal bloke so will speak like a fan. Regardless of if it is a job if you perform so badly at your job and it affects so many people you’d surely be bothered

1 hour ago, koop. said:

We've been blessed to have him in a city shirt. Every time he touches the ball you can tell he's a cut above.

Absolutely this lad is a cut above 

He's a bit flash but he can back it up. 

Without him we'd have been down over  month ago 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Some of the uncertainty Evans mentions there can go some way to explaining our plight. 

Evans said he looked for commitment, but couldn't find any. Perhaps players not willing to stick around with the club and actually sign contracts was one of them. Collectively a group of players, including his own, not knowing their own futures is a good recipe for failure. Especially seemingly influential players. How can Evans ask for full commitment when he sounds like he's going to leave the club anyway? 

It's like they all knew relegation became a certainty as each passing week went by, so have perhaps had their heads turned gradually to other opportunities. 

Club hasn’t dealt with the season very well at all. Failed to get players committed when it should of been done a long time ago. No matter what you think of rodgers if he was going he should of gone 2 months before he did or we should of stuck with him. We haven’t signed the right personnel, strengthened where we should of. I could go on but lessons need to be learned.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Honestly I’m glad we have so many out of contract as now the club are FORCED to do a revamp.

This is the "silver lining" I guess, if we stayed up we would likely be scrambling around to give players like Evans a new contract only to get injured again, and then having to renegotiate players who have contracts running low and are looking to move etc etc, I was expecting if we stay up our wage budget would still end up massively inflated, whereas now the entire ethos of finding and signing players is forced to change and will hopefully put us back onto a decent financial footing to attack the championship in future. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Because the sad part of this is the womens set up probably gets a budget reduction as well and it’s back room staff cut back further too 

Long term it’ll have an effect no doubt but everything’s secured in the short-medium and we’re shoving a load of money (for women’s football) towards improving the playing & back room staff this summer

Edited by LCFCJoe96
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, koop. said:

I don’t particular like him as a Leicester player and I won’t be sad once he’s gone, but the spite and anger in the post you replied to is staggering. It’s really horrid stuff. There’s a lot of other people you can blame that aren’t madders. 

Would love Kel's to stay, easily my favourite player out the current bunch (Vards aside), but think the club will want him out the door to save the pennies. Having said that should he somehow stay, there's your new Captain for next season right there... leads by example in everything that he does. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Surprised brand Madders hasn't come out with some drivel yet

I’m actually annoyed he hasn’t. Still. I was annoyed last night at relegation despite coming to terms with it months ago (Bournemouth home I knew).

he owes us a huge apology. This is on him, Rodger’s, Rudkin, top, whelan, Danny Ward, it’s on all of you

4 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Would love Kel's to stay, easily my favourite player out the current bunch (Vards aside), but think the club will want him out the door to save the pennies. Having said that should he somehow stay, there's your new Captain for next season right there... leads by example in everything that he does. 

Except when it comes to having his documents to enter Poland. 😂

Still, he’s fantastic and unique player who I’ll definitely miss when he leaves. 

• Haha 1