Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

2 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Tielemans trotted about in games but he certainly did not play. The bloke was a joke and part of the reason we are down.

as is Maddison. His heads turned by Newcastle/spurs/arsenal whoever way before the World Cup. On his way out for a year. 

we gave these two the armband at times this season. It was passed around like some kind of reward I give out to 7 year old kids at weekly football coaching. Some of whom who put more effort in than the above two on match days

That was a massive mistake which i hope we never repeat again. Giving the armband to players who have contract issues or want away is a massive no.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I agree. Tielemans being called a wank stain on this thread. The bloke got us a trophy that has evaded us for 100 years. 

Also continued to play to the end of his contract. 

Take a look at the championship level players and then look at Tielemans and Maddison and they are at a completely different level. 

If people don’t value those players, then their heads will fart even more when they see the level of player we will be buying next season. 

From £100k a week players to £10k a week. 

I'll meet you halfway with Maddison.

But it's largely down to the efforts of players like Tielemans this season as to why we will be looking at 10k players a week in the years ahead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, koop. said:

He's the type of character we need more of, not less of. Injuries aside, more players that actually get stuck in and we wouldn't be in the shit we are in 

Yes he's injured and at the end of a career but to say he fakes injury because he can't be arsed is ridiculous....

You twonk 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evans-ferguson-pulis-man-united-26179465

Evans has history as the OP said.  Not saying he 'fakes' injury but previous managers, and some pretty decent ones, comments on how they managed his mentality around injuries.  I wonder how BR managed this?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I agree. Tielemans being called a wank stain on this thread. The bloke got us a trophy that has evaded us for 100 years. 

Also continued to play to the end of his contract. 

Take a look at the championship level players and then look at Tielemans and Maddison and they are at a completely different level. 

If people don’t value those players, then their heads will fart even more when they see the level of player we will be buying next season. 

From £100k a week players to £10k a week. 

Wow £100k players versus £10k players, did you not see we had the 7th Highest wage bill In the Prem, and look where that's got us, Madders will fair well, Tielmans will fair ok, but his worth will have declined in parallel with the bad season he has had.

Don't really want any apology ... these professional sportsmen are paid handsomely for a career that they are privileged to enjoy.... I go to work ... earn a wage and pay to watch them ... which gives me the right to voice my opinion ..  does anyone believe they care about the club and its fans as the saying goes money talks and bullshit walks 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'll meet you halfway with Maddison.

But it's largely down to the efforts of players like Tielemans this season as to why we will be looking at 10k players a week in the years ahead.

In the Year ahead.Then normal service will be resumed!

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Long term it’ll have an effect no doubt but everything’s secured in the short-medium and we’re shoving a load of money (for women’s football) towards improving the playing & back room staff this summer

Good to hear 

• Thanks 1

Belgium play a couple of Euro qualifying fixtures next month. You know what that means... 👀 The return of the notoriously candid and honest Belgian international interviews with Kristoff Terreur from HLN

No doubt going to be some spicy quotes from our four 

19 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Club hasn’t dealt with the season very well at all. Failed to get players committed when it should have been done a long time ago. No matter what you think of rodgers if he was going he should have gone 2 months before he did or we should have stuck with him. We haven’t signed the right personnel, strengthened where we should have. I could go on but lessons need to be learned.

Yeah this is why people say if you’re going to sack a manager, sack him before the transfer window so the new guy can buy his own players. We spent what little we did have on 3 players who when smith came in hardly ever played 

38 minutes ago, lfu said:

Belgium play a couple of Euro qualifying fixtures next month. You know what that means... 👀 The return of the notoriously candid and honest Belgian international interviews with Kristoff Terreur from HLN

No doubt going to be some spicy quotes from our four 

Couldn’t give a monkeys what they say. The four Belgians epitomise our downfall in my opinion.  

Overrated & overpaid players with a poor mentality. In the end they didn’t care enough to fight for the badge and give their all.

Proper wrong uns and be glad when they’ve fxcked off. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 11:52, KFS said:

Don’t get me started on Smith. We know he’s spouted absolute guff over the years, but I was unfortunate enough to have him on US comms yesterday. “Well Leicester have always been a traditionally yo-yoing club”

Oh so this is fine, Alan

My anger from the weekend had subsided a bit but reading that prat Smith was spouting crap like that live on TV on Sunday has set me off again!!! No doubt he regards Notts Forest as a 'big club who are rightly back in the PL', despite them having way fewer seasons in the PL than us, a smaller ground than us, etc. How can a club that has achieved what we have in the last decade, has the 7th highest wage bill in the league and a £100m training ground be just forever known as a yo you club? Can't he get it into his thick skull that we are not the club we were when he played for us, the patronising @#£%!! At least we won't have to listen to his monotone drivel on co-comms in the Championship next season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Finished the When You're Smiling podcast and that's the first time i've heard that Jonny Evans interview.

Just staggering. I know that it's difficult to know what to say when you've just been relegated but **** me. Don't tell everyone you've just been saying your goodbyes and talking about the club in the 3rd person. Supposed to be the captain.

I know of at least one of the players staying who is currently loving it away on a golfing holiday. Not a care in the world. Supposedly a fan of the club, too.

I know that nothing can be done about relegation after the fact and they'll want holidays too but it speaks to a wider malaise. None of the players really give much of a toss and it's hard to see why they would when the club captain is so obviously checked out. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

I know of at least one of the players staying who is currently loving it away on a golfing holiday. Not a care in the world. Supposedly a fan of the club, too.

I know that nothing can be done about relegation after the fact and they'll want holidays too but it speaks to a wider malaise. None of the players really give much of a toss and it's hard to see why they would when the club captain is so obviously checked out. 

So are you saying he shouldn’t go on holiday now? 

The thing is whatever they do you would find a way of having a go.

If you had seen him in nandos you would have said he should not be out enjoying a meal out.

If you were a delivery driver giving his takeaway you would be saying he should have cooked it himself.

It doesn’t matter what they do when they finish the game, you and others always find a way to point a finger 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

So are you saying he shouldn’t go on holiday now? 

The thing is whatever they do you would find a way of having a go.

If you had seen him in nandos you would have said he should not be out enjoying a meal out.

If you were a delivery driver giving his takeaway you would be saying he should have cooked it himself.

It doesn’t matter what they do when they finish the game, you and others always find a way to point a finger 

Read the post you utter moron.

I literally say that 'I know that they'll want holidays too but it speaks to a wider malaise'.

If you had bothered to read, or if you can read properly, you'll immediately notice that I DIDN'T say he shouldn't take a holiday.

Let me address your dribbling, stupid points one by one so you're clear as I think you've got some basic comprehension issues given you couldn't read what I was DIRECTLY saying.

'The thing is whatever they do you would find a way of having a go' - pure speculative stupidity. If he ran a mile in a clown costume would I have a go? No. If he painted the Mona Lisa would I have a go? No. Did I have a go because he went on holiday? No. You've made a broad and stupid hyperbolic suggestion based on your inability or unwillingness to read.

'If you had seen him in nandos you would have said he should not be out enjoying a meal out.' -  No. I wouldn't. See the above point. You either can't read properly or don't understand the points.

'If you were a delivery driver giving his takeaway you would be saying he should have cooked it himself.' - See above. I'm sure you think this repositioning of my situation is a biting indictment of the post and has well and truly put me in my place but this only works if I've actually said what you think I've said. And I haven't. But well done for presenting an argument that would truly devastate people. The delivery driver gambit. They'll be using that one in the Hague soon.

We can both play the 'If you were...' game.

If you were able to read properly and spent some time reading what I was trying to say you would be able to understand the point of my post rather than start making odd metaphorical arguments based on your foamy mouthed defence of an unnamed player over something that wasn't said.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Read the post you utter moron.

I literally say that 'I know that they'll want holidays too but it speaks to a wider malaise'.

If you had bothered to read, or if you can read properly, you'll immediately notice that I DIDN'T say he shouldn't take a holiday.

Let me address your dribbling, stupid points one by one so you're clear as I think you've got some basic comprehension issues given you couldn't read what I was DIRECTLY saying.

'The thing is whatever they do you would find a way of having a go' - pure speculative stupidity. If he ran a mile in a clown costume would I have a go? No. If he painted the Mona Lisa would I have a go? No. Did I have a go because he went on holiday? No. You've made a broad and stupid hyperbolic suggestion based on your inability or unwillingness to read.

'If you had seen him in nandos you would have said he should not be out enjoying a meal out.' -  No. I wouldn't. See the above point. You either can't read properly or don't understand the points.

'If you were a delivery driver giving his takeaway you would be saying he should have cooked it himself.' - See above. I'm sure you think this repositioning of my situation is a biting indictment of the post and has well and truly put me in my place but this only works if I've actually said what you think I've said. And I haven't. But well done for presenting an argument that would truly devastate people. The delivery driver gambit. They'll be using that one in the Hague soon.

We can both play the 'If you were...' game.

If you were able to read properly and spent some time reading what I was trying to say you would be able to understand the point of my post rather than start making odd metaphorical arguments based on your foamy mouthed defence of an unnamed player over something that wasn't said.

Throw your toys out of pram much. Jeez. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Still nothing on social media from any first teamers then! Bottling it or told to steer clear for a while? 

What would be the point at this stage? They majority will be devastated, they'll always have this on their CV. People are also still extremely angry so it would just lead down a darker road.  

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Throw your toys out of pram much. Jeez. 

Perhaps a little.

But if he's going to make daft criticisms of me then I'd like for it to be based on having read the post.

Instead he's started making stupid points having clearly not read the post.

The post isn't a criticism of the unnamed player for going on holiday - explicitly caveated - it's about even the city fans in the team not feeling too bothered by relegation because the club captain hasn't led effectively per the recent interview.

If you can't read things properly that isn't a carte blanche to criticise the author I'm afraid. I don't get to call Dickens a miserable Christmas hating twat because I didn't understand Christmas Carol or whatever.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

What would be the point at this stage? They majority will be devastated, they'll always have this on their CV. People are also still extremely angry so it would just lead down a darker road.  

I’m not fussed nor would I start leaving comments. Just strange there’s been nothing. Official lcfc aren’t updating a lot either. All very quiet and feels abit separated from fans at the minute 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Players were told to stay off social media with individual posts addressing the season for a few day until “the storm blows over”.

Whoever told them this needs sacking