Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players’ Reactions

Was told this morning of one player on holiday - told his other half to not be OTT on instagram, she's gone and done it. Just wants to time off and unwind for a bit. But even though he's been there for 48 hours, numerous people are coming up to him and talking about the relegation. Particularly given the holiday resorts are full of other pro footballers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Was told this morning of one player on holiday - told his other half to not be OTT on instagram, she's gone and done it. Just wants to time off and unwind for a bit. But even though he's been there for 48 hours, numerous people are coming up to him and talking about the relegation. Particularly given the holiday resorts are full of other pro footballers. 

With their money, why go to a resort? Easy to find anything a little more secluded if they don’t want people coming up to them. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Still nothing on social media from any first teamers then! Bottling it or told to steer clear for a while? 

They would have been told  ... complete silence/ no comments .... all they need to know that for the rest of their careers they will be seen as failures 

• Haha 1

Thought it was disgraceful on Sunday was waiting with my lad for the traffic to die down before leaving so we stayed by the ground, loads of kids waiting to see a few players as they left and there were some young kids screaming for a photo and autograph with the players, Nacho Ndidi Praet & Castagne to name a few didn’t even acknowledge these excited kids that wanted a few minutes of their heroes time they just walked away from them they could have spent a few minutes of their time with these kids FFS !

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

With their money, why go to a resort? Easy to find anything a little more secluded if they don’t want people coming up to them. 

I don't know. But when you are in a long term relationship, you sometimes meet someone half way?!? 

They aren't the brightest bunch footballers - very few like it out of their comfort zone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Half an hour after a relegation probably isn’t the best time to ask a footballer for a photo tbf lol 

I’m sorry but the likes of Faes and others gave those kids some of their time it’s no excuse, the fans are what makes the club doesn’t matter if they were pi55ed off not as much as the fans !

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Careful now. Mentioning the dreaded holiday weird you'll get told that you're a goat herder telling his goats not to baa by some fella who either hasn't or can't read your post.

7 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

I’m sorry but the likes of Faes and others gave those kids some of their time it’s no excuse, the fans are what makes the club doesn’t matter if they were pi55ed off not as much as the fans !

Chill out pal I’m not the 1 rejecting a photo with your kids 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 29/05/2023 at 21:30, SystonFox said:

Tielemans trotted about in games but he certainly did not play. The bloke was a joke and part of the reason we are down.

as is Maddison. His heads turned by Newcastle/spurs/arsenal whoever way before the World Cup. On his way out for a year. 

we gave these two the armband at times this season. It was passed around like some kind of reward I give out to 7 year old kids at weekly football coaching. Some of whom who put more effort in than the above two on match days

100% spot on.

No need for me to try and add anything 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 21:39, Blue ROI said:

I'll meet you halfway with Maddison.

But it's largely down to the efforts of players like Tielemans this season as to why we will be looking at 10k players a week in the years ahead.

...pretty much an over exaggeration in this respect!!!

Leaving the player aside, we will not be bringing in £10k a week players this season!!!

I can understand if you meant they are currently earning that amount overseas in their respective leagues and that would mean we are scouting in areas we should have been some time ago. But the quality of these players will not be league one or league two.

1 hour ago, 21st Century Fox said:

In all fairness, you just know if one of them had stopped and been snapped smiling, that would be plastered all over social media with comments like "why is he smiling that soon after being relegated.... disgrace".

Yeah but for the kids they adore these players a couple were really upset they didn’t get go over to them 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...in any other situation,  ignoring supporters  especially kids waiting for autographs is not a good thing!!!

This was after relegation was confirmed and what ever the mood was in the dressing room. It would not have looked good to see players laughing and joking so soon after being relegated, in that scenario, the players just cannot win.

They seemed to be laughing and joking with each other getting into their cars tho they could of acknowledged the kids tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...in any other situation,  ignoring supporters  especially kids waiting for autographs is not a good thing!!!

This was after relegation was confirmed and what ever the mood was in the dressing room. It would not have looked good to see players laughing and joking so soon after being relegated, in that scenario, the players just cannot win.

I agree. In this instance I think they can be forgiven.  On the whole our players are usually always really good with the kids and smile, chat and acknowledge them.  

It is disappointing for the kids though and can leave a lasting impression. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Thought it was disgraceful on Sunday was waiting with my lad for the traffic to die down before leaving so we stayed by the ground, loads of kids waiting to see a few players as they left and there were some young kids screaming for a photo and autograph with the players, Nacho Ndidi Praet & Castagne to name a few didn’t even acknowledge these excited kids that wanted a few minutes of their heroes time they just walked away from them they could have spent a few minutes of their time with these kids FFS !

I'd do exactly the same if I was a footballer. Entitled nonsense to expect anybody's time and attention

• Like 1

They didnt put the shift in when it counted, as far as i am concerned their actions on the pitch was their statement/reaction.

I don't need to hear "sorry" from them. That's a "professional" given but at the same time they are contractors and with some leaving or to be sold, it's on to the next job and fanbase.

Everyone gets time off so cant be asked if they flew out that night or the next. Who cares.

Ok, maybe i care to a point but I don't either. Lol

Edited by Jattdogg

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
On 29/05/2023 at 21:42, BACKO said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evans-ferguson-pulis-man-united-26179465

Evans has history as the OP said.  Not saying he 'fakes' injury but previous managers, and some pretty decent ones, comments on how they managed his mentality around injuries.  I wonder how BR managed this?

If you listen to Tony Pulis on undr the cosh podcast he says he was told by Alex Ferguson when he signed him that he was a class defender but you had to convince him he wasn't injured, probably explains why Man U let him leave

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Hey, doesn't matter who you are - a £620 all inslusive to the Costa Brava is a hard one to turn down walking past the Travel Agents window.

• Haha 2