Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

His family have been great, but this feels

hollow. 
Whilst Top, Rudkin and Susan are still in charge, I have minimal faith of an immediate return. 
Since Vichai left us, we’ve lost our edge and our shrewdness. 

We need a proper re-set all over the club. 

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Daggers you should apply for the position of comms director. You already sound like you know how to do this job better than the muppets we have at the club!

Thank you for your kind offer, Susan.

I accept.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

plenty of badly run clubs have won an FA cup, since he's taken over from his dad, have we seen any joined-up thinking, any strategy, any acknowledgement of what's going wrong and any desire to fix it? the wheels started coming off from Rodgers in Feb 2021 and there's been not so much as an acknowledgement it was happening let alone a plan to fix it. nothing to say he's been a competent owner, let alone one of the best ever

Don't disagree with anything you've said. Despite his mistakes, I don't think abuse is correct, in any walk of life. Sorry.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Hmmm I do feel as a club we're too quick to pat ourselves on the back about past achievements rather than planning appropriately for the future. Still clapping a clip of the trophy lift 7 years later.

This is a huge insight into the attitude that has caused the failure. The back-slapping has gone on too long. That video makes me cringe each time it's played now. We took the p1ss out of F#rest for being stuck in the past, but we've taken it too the extreme. Tinpot. 

They'll probably still play it as we sit rotting in the bottom half of The Championship. We should acknowledge our history but not sit gazing at it hoping it will define our future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Some of the replies on Twitter man lol. Our fans genuinely have been successfully gaslighted.

IMG_0723.thumb.jpeg.88d5d85a4555836b3b2a3fe648b23c12.jpeg

Ridiculous. The only people with any attatchment to the club who don't have any responsibility for our demise is the supporters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Don't disagree with anything you've said. Despite his mistakes, I don't think abuse is correct, in any walk of life. Sorry.

I'm not saying abuse is correct, I'm disputing the claim made that he's one of the best owners we have ever had or will ever have. His dad undoubtedly, him I'm not convinced 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Some of the replies on Twitter man lol. Our fans genuinely have been successfully gaslighted.

IMG_0723.thumb.jpeg.88d5d85a4555836b3b2a3fe648b23c12.jpeg

That’s ****ing mental. I swear some people take solace in blaming the singing section rather that those who actually make the decisions that have cost us. How has fans singing aided our demise? Would love that salad to explain that. 

• Like 2

Nice try but we had to suffer 18 months of Brendan-ball and now more than likely a miserable few years as the board did not react accordingly.

Except giving Rodgers a convenient way out after the damage was done.

Bey hey we were in League One before don't forget.

The bad image being painted on the singing section is ridiculous. Do some fans not realise that the club created it and that its intended purpose is to improve atmosphere? Some fans obviously like siting in morgues.

• Like 1

I have received a massive number of messages from our fans – both positive and negative. Some want me to sell the Club, some using offensive and thoughtless words, and some have been outright abusive.

Well whoever sent a message being negative, offensive of absuive hang your heads in shame and sell your shirt.

Edited by whoareyaaa

5 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

The bad image being painted on the singing section is ridiculous. Do some fans not realise that the club created it and that its intended purpose is to improve atmosphere? Some fans obviously like siting in morgues.

Club have essentially given fans the green light to unload on those in the singing section in order to protect the owner

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

They gambled heavily anyway. Asking them to gamble further in the aftermath of the pandemic is big shout. You can see the financial implications of how hard we gambled on making Top 4. Perhaps he made a mistake on not gambling further, but does that warrant abusive messages - not for me, but you might think differently.

Of course I don't believe he should have been sent abusive messages. The only season that the club really gambled heavily was the season after our FA Cup win, when we didn't sell anyone. The previous seasons we sold an asset to invest, which is why Rodgers net spend  was  comparatively low. So in those two seasons we were in the top 4 in January,  we hadn't really gambled to any great extent, so you would have thought that maybe the club could have found a bit of extra investment in, in order to get over the line and collect the riches that come with being in the champions league. I could understand the first time we missed out, but the following season they had to have learnt from the previous season, but they didn't.

Edited by smudger63

28 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

They gambled heavily anyway. Asking them to gamble further in the aftermath of the pandemic is big shout. You can see the financial implications of how hard we gambled on making Top 4. Perhaps he made a mistake on not gambling further, but does that warrant abusive messages - not for me, but you might think differently.

How did we gamble top 4? When we needed a central defender, we went with Ryan Bennett on loan from Wolves. 

They gambled post FA Cup victory if anything 

• Like 1