Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Ultimately it’s his money so more than any of us Top knows what this means.  

Ge didn’t act quickly enough, players checked out and we got what we deserved.  

he does/should question Rudkin and Whealen.   I’d bin both off.  CEOs are sacked for less

Would you not keep Susan? Seems to have done a very good job up until now. Rudkin is the one for me, been useless for years.

Guest Mee-9
Just now, Onions said:

People angry there wasn’t a statement yesterday, are now angry there is a statement today. 

I swear people want him to sell the club to Del Boy and watch us flop back to league one, same people who have 25,000 posts and never been to a game I guess 🤷‍♂️

We're just people with common sense who can see past the free stale donuts and crap warm beer (tax write off) that get handed out. 

We're people who hold people to account and question when things should be question. We're people who have got the balls to question what is rightfully subject to debate and question. He's running the club into the ground and if you can't see that then you're as bad as he is. 

People are angry as the statement is nothing short of a 'listing the greatest hits of Leicester city' crossed with 'some people are giving me grief and telling me to sell it.' 

That's all it is. There is NO EXPLANATION AT ALL about the problems in that statement. No mention of what he is going to do about it either. 

Ok so I'll say it and get slaughtered lol, by saying we will be back surely means that he will invest next season to get us up, after selling loads of current players! Bloody hell we will need a really good DOF and manager. 

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

That's a massive oversimplification. Of course it matters, but the moment of your greatest failure as an ownership is not the right time to be celebrating your successes. The past doesn't help us going forward—we need a clear plan, executed quickly.

He could have said he was upset and hurt too, as all of us fans are, and that he wants to do every he can to put this tight. Under the King Power stewardship we've had some great success, even if it did take 4 years to get out of the Championship last time. Something about rediscovering ourselves, call out to the club motto, and a fierce end the statement and instil come confidence back in the supporters.

Agreed, but too many moronic fans have short memories, the needed reminding. We should still be grateful for all that they have achieved. 

Guest Fox-66
19 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Ridiculous. The only people with any attatchment to the club who don't have any responsibility for our demise is the supporters.

Not so sure our fans are entirely free of culpability….

The negatively from the stands, the booing and groaning when a pass goes astray or when the defence pass around at the back while seeking a decent out ball, can only build on, and increase, the obvious lack of confidence of those on the pitch. 

The players all have ears and it is bound to impact their performance in a negative way the next time they received the ball. 

The support from the stands this season has been the worse I’ve experienced since I started following the club.

I know I will hear ‘it up to the players to create the atmosphere’ but surely it works both ways.

I have no doubt the performance of fans of the scum up the M1 was a significant factor which helped their team stay in the PL as, from what I heard on TV and the radio, the support for their team in the City Ground was excellent.

Guest Mee-9
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Probably not, but his Dad operated in a very different global climate top be fair

His Dad also had the balls to sack the very man who won us the Premier League when things were not going right. 

He was a man of conviction and a man of sound business integrity. 

Just now, Mee-9 said:

His Dad also had the balls to sack the very man who won us the Premier League when things were not going right. 

He was a man of conviction and a man of sound business integrity. 

Yes sure although not sure what has to do with the global climate (covid, impact on their duty free business, etc) though...

2 hours ago, Hales said:

The tragic thing is that review is being done by Rudkin and Whelan!  Nothing will be learnt. It needs to be an independent review and done quickly! We don't have weeks to wait

I just don't know how they can act on "it was just bad luck boss, we did everything right. They'll probably deduce that they were too hasty and should have kept Rodgers. 🤔😱🤯

2 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

We're just people with common sense who can see past the free stale donuts and crap warm beer (tax write off) that get handed out. 

We're people who hold people to account and question when things should be question. We're people who have got the balls to question what is rightfully subject to debate and question. He's running the club into the ground and if you can't see that then you're as bad as he is. 

People are angry as the statement is nothing short of a 'listing the greatest hits of Leicester city' crossed with 'some people are giving me grief and telling me to sell it.' 

That's all it is. There is NO EXPLANATION AT ALL about the problems in that statement. No mention of what he is going to do about it either. 

No, we're not allowed to be upset that the statement is total drivel because at least they said something after the radio silence yesterday. It make sense, provided you don't think.

The ***** actually used yesterday to advertise the kit we'll be wearing in the championship. The lack of self awareness they continue to show is stunning. I don't think it's the end of the world that we're going down, provided we stay solvent, but that doesn't mean we have to fall for this absolute farce

Just now, burleighfox said:

As much as it's good to actually hear something from the club, this feels more like a box ticking exercise. 

Agree, but it was always likely as everything is too raw,  and it would be enough to satisfy some but enrage others (Far too early for the results of an investigation yet I assume)

• Like 1

All very nicely worded .... however its what the club do from today forwards that will actually count .... as for the criticism ..  some may not sit well and be over the top ....  but it's called passion and anger .... Great shame that the players didn't show any and then the statement would have not been necessary 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

This family has brought us more success then I ever dreamed of. Top has written off debt to the club and invested in the City. They have invested in the training ground and attempted to grow the club.

We gambled on Top 4 and narrowly missed out twice whilst winning an FA Cup and Community Shield. All of this whilst trying to compete with the biggest clubs that grow ever richer.

I am so embarrassed that our fans would abuse him. Yes he has made mistakes, but so does everyone else. 

What Top has shown time and again is that he cares; and I would far rather stand with him than the fickle morons who turn on the owners and players when things don’t go well. Honestly - some of you don’t deserve the success we’ve been so fortunate to experience.

A lot on here really have no clue ……the last 7 years have been the best in our history by a country mile…..in over 130 years the family achieved more than any other owners …..stop being entitled spoilt morons and yes we should not be in this position but lots of factors have culminated in a unnecessary relegation however I would back the family to make good decisions from here. Those wishing them to move on are idiots as we probably have the best owners in football ….has he not made some tough decisions absolutely left them too late but our infrastructure and standing across the globe is completely different to want it was before they bought us.

top and family have earned the right to make some mistakes and have us back them to put it right……

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

How did we gamble top 4? When we needed a central defender, we went with Ryan Bennett on loan from Wolves. 

They gambled post FA Cup victory if anything 

We spent so much money and had such a high wage bill that we were in breach of FFP.

look they tried to call invest well, consistently, but not irresponsibly. I feel that it is utterly embarrassing to abuse the owner because of that. Especially given the personal

loss he suffered and the success the Thais have delivered.

Like I say - reading that statement I’m ashamed, I genuine thought our fan base was better than that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I'm sorry to say but you must be a child with that attitude.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Much of what you say has merit, however twice we were in a fantastic position in January to make top 4, and we never gambled or invested in either of those January transfer windows to help get us over the line. To fail to do so once was fair enough, but to fail to do so again the following season, showed incompetence or that they weren't learning from their mistakes, and has proved very costly in the longer term. 

...I  just can never buy into this we needed investment to get us over the line!!!

The mentality is a weak squad,  we now know that the players were unfit and Rodgers could not sustain the early level, because they are badly conditioned. His Liverpool experience was not about needing more recruits, it was due to an inability to close out the season, down to a weak mentality.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

Not so sure our fans are entirely free of culpability….

The negatively from the stands, the booing and groaning when a pass goes astray or when the defence pass around at the back while seeking a decent out ball, can only build on, and increase, the obvious lack of confidence of those on the pitch. 

The players all have ears and it is bound to impact their performance in a negative way the next time they received the ball. 

The support from the stands this season has been the worse I’ve experienced since I started following the club.

I know I will hear ‘it up to the players to create the atmosphere’ but surely it works both ways.

I have no doubt the performance of fans of the scum up the M1 was a significant factor which helped their team stay in the PL as, from what I heard on TV and the radio, the support for their team in the City Ground was excellent.

The only fans culpable are the ones who were still backing Rodgers at Christmas and are complicit in sleep walking us  into relegation

• Like 3