Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

You want to know why there is no mention of forward planning/plan? Because there isn't one. There hasn't been for a long time. 

It's over.

Of course, these milestones place our situation today into quite stark context, but I reference them to highlight the progress we have made as a Club in the last 13 years, which gives me confidence that we will build again. Relegation is undeniably a significant setback, but it will not define us.

This past season has been the most difficult for all of us to endure, ultimately resulting in relegation from the Premier League. We gave everything to turn it around yesterday and the atmosphere in the stadium after we’d gone in front and looked on course for survival was absolutely incredible. But relegation is a consequence of 38 games and over that period, we haven’t been good enough. Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point. What we learn from this experience must convert into action that makes us stronger and prevents this happening to us again in the future.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Are you intentially trying to make yourself look stupid?  As i keep saying, short memory. 

Are you hinting at the FA cup with the short memory comment? We beat 6 teams to lift the cup, 2 of whom were lower league opposition. It was great to win it, nobody I’m sure would disagree, but I think far too much credit is given to Brendan for it.

If you mean his league record in his first two seasons, we completely shat ourselves from memory and finished outside of the CL places when it was in our grasp.

5 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

A lot on here really have no clue ……the last 7 years have been the best in our history by a country mile…..in over 130 years the family achieved more than any other owners …..stop being entitled spoilt morons and yes we should not be in this position but lots of factors have culminated in a unnecessary relegation however I would back the family to make good decisions from here. Those wishing them to move on are idiots as we probably have the best owners in football ….has he not made some tough decisions absolutely left them too late but our infrastructure and standing across the globe is completely different to want it was before they bought us.

top and family have earned the right to make some mistakes and have us back them to put it right……

It’s good to know that some of us feel the same as me. I’m absolutely gutted that some of our fans have turned  on the owners. Up the City anyways mate let’s hope we bounce back 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

It’s good to know that some of us feel the same as me. I’m absolutely gutted that some of our fans have turned  on the owners. Up the City anyways mate let’s hope we bounce back 👍

But it’s the owners decisions that got us relegated do you not see that? Who do you blame for our avoidable relegation?

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

Yup, entitled ****

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

Up the city, foxes never quit. Blue army!

I’ll be there with my clapper next year, good times and the bad.

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Blimey the cheerleading going on here is making me cringe, have some respect for yourself fella lol 

I’ve got respect for the owners that delivered us more success than I ever thought was possible. I stand by that. Cringe all you want mate, I’m going to speak out against entitles morons regardless

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Are you hinting at the FA cup with the short memory comment? We beat 6 teams to lift the cup, 2 of whom were lower league opposition. It was great to win it, nobody I’m sure would disagree, but I think far too much credit is given to Brendan for it.

If you mean his league record in his first two seasons, we completely shat ourselves from memory and finished outside of the CL places when it was in our grasp.

So, an FA cup, charity shield, two top 5 finishes and a european semi final. Wow, some folk are hard to please. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’ve got respect for the owners that delivered us more success than I ever thought was possible. I stand by that. Cringe all you want mate, I’m going to speak out against entitles morons regardless

You’ve got more respect for King Power than you have for yourself and that’s very sad imho 

Far too easy to label fans entitled. I think we can all agree that abuse towards anyone isn’t acceptable. But why are so many against a section of our fans voicing their concerns? We’ve all watched the foundations of our club, everything good about this club be absolutely decimated over the last 18 months and the book stops with Top. 

• Like 1

We spent so much money and had such a high wage bill that we were in breach of FFP.

look they tried to call invest well, consistently, but not irresponsibly. I feel that it is utterly embarrassing to abuse the owner because of that. Especially given the personal

loss he suffered and the success the Thais have delivered.

Like I say - reading that statement I’m ashamed, I genuine thought our fan base was better than that.

In the 19/20 season, we were in the top 4, our wage bill wasn’t that high. We signed a terrible player in Ryan Bennett to get us over the line. We didn’t sensibly gamble in a hungry CB then. 

In 20/21 season, our signings were backed up by the departure of Chilwell. However we then went irresponsibly nuts giving far too high wages out to squad players. 

We then compounded it further in summer of 21/22 by signing Vestergaard, Daka, Soumare and Bertrand whose contributions have been minor but at a wage over their relative level. That’s where we gambled. 

The FFP rule relegated to UEFA wages to turnover ratio. Which would have banned us from European competition which we did not participate within this season. 

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  just can never buy into this we needed investment to get us over the line!!!

The mentality is a weak squad,  we now know that the players were unfit and Rodgers could not sustain the early level, because they are badly conditioned. His Liverpool experience was not about needing more recruits, it was due to an inability to close out the season, down to a weak mentality.

Can't argue with that, and we did seem to pick up alot of injuries in the run in, in those seasons too, but I still think a couple of quality players added to the squad would have made a difference.

You wonder why people are angry about Top‘s decision making - it’s obvious why; the implications are not gaining promotion within the next two seasons are utterly disastrous. 

It’s not hard to see why people are critical after 2 years of absent, indecisive decision making 

3 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Far too easy to label fans entitled. I think we can all agree that abuse towards anyone isn’t acceptable. But why are so many against a section of our fans voicing their concerns? We’ve all watched the foundations of our club, everything good about this club be absolutely decimated over the last 18 months and the book stops with Top. 

Because that's life.

(I think there is a song to that as well)

Edited by whoareyaaa

4 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

So, an FA cup, charity shield, two top 5 finishes and a european semi final. Wow, some folk are hard to please. 

i think people really overrate those 2 5th place finishes. the first one was a complete bottlejob being 14 points ahead of man utd at one point. the first half of the season we were destroying teams, second half we barely beat anyone. the 2nd 5th place finish was embarassing as it got towards the end of the season (getting batterd by newcastle, drawing to 10 man southampton, getting battered by spurs who had a child managing them, getting battered by chelsea) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tickler28 said:

Anyone who has hurled abusive and offensive messages at Top and suggested he sell up please stop calling yourself a Leicester City supporter and go elsewhere....you're not wanted here

Theirs a big difference between personal abuse and suggesting it might be time for a change at the top

Just now, don_danbury said:

i think people really overrate those 2 5th place finishes. the first one was a complete bottlejob being 14 points ahead of man utd at one point. the first half of the season we were destroying teams, second half we barely beat anyone. the 2nd 5th place finish was embarassing as it got towards the end of the season (getting batterd by newcastle, drawing to 10 man southampton, getting battered by spurs who had a child managing them, getting battered by chelsea) 

Exactly people act like it was a success when it was a massive failure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1