Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because I wouldn't lump on with the rest of the stupid sheep?  I am so ashamed  :rolleyes:

Stupid sheep?

I'm not sure they were the stupid party in all this, if only people woke up to reality earlier.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

If I didn't feel depressed already I certainly do now.

Where's the ****ing PASSION?

Are we just gonna roll over then and accept were ****ed? 

Great 

I can't even go bed cos I've got Jamie Vardy Pillows 

We’re just little old Leicester mate, over achievers, didn’t you know?

Take your donut, get your arse on your seat and clap.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i think people really overrate those 2 5th place finishes. the first one was a complete bottlejob being 14 points ahead of man utd at one point. the first half of the season we were destroying teams, second half we barely beat anyone. the 2nd 5th place finish was embarassing as it got towards the end of the season (getting batterd by newcastle, drawing to 10 man southampton, getting battered by spurs who had a child managing them, getting battered by chelsea) 

Oh and we had what I remember being fairly uninspiring European outings on the back of those lofty 5th place finishes.

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Sounds like he’s used the statement to complain about some negative comments made towards him. Doesn’t relay positivity at all.

Abusive and offensive comments are very different than negative ones. We're f***ing lucky to have King Power running our club....yes its gone Pete Tong this season but for all the joy he's brought us he did not deserve that and quite frankly if I were him and it were more abuse than support I'd sell the club to the worst owners I could find just to spite the haters

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Bad decisions and incompetence doesn’t have to be. 

Yea but he has admitted that and said they will review it and get us back up there, I'm confident Top will want to return to the Prem asap as per the statement put out.

Everyone needs to relax, we have just recently won the FA Cup and Prem, go and enjoy your holidays.. you're not going to effect anything with these negative messages of support... we have been in a lot worse positions than this.

Who cares what's happened we have got relegated not the end of the world, esp after recent successes.

• Like 2

I'm a huge fan of Top and his family and hate some of the things wrote about him on here.

But that statement is abysmal. A real victim mentality, not an ounce of self reflect and is basically a message of "well look at how well we've done, you should all thank yourself lucky"

Whoever PR'd this one has got it all wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea but he has admitted that and said they will review it and get us back up there, I'm confident Top will want to return to the Prem asap as per the statement put out.

Everyone needs to relax, we have just recently won the FA Cup and Prem, go and enjoy your holidays.. you're not going to effect anything with these negative messages of support... we have been in a lot worse positions than this.

Who cares what's happened we have got relegated not the end of the world, esp after recent successes.

Doesn’t make it any better to be honest. Just makes it feel worse 

45 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Check the books how can he state that ………we have to reduce a wage bill and sell some players first then we can see how he is committed 

I for one am glad he’s in charge as he will not react emotionally and fire from the hip….yep loads of mistakes him included but don’t compound now by making stupid decisions….so many lives and jobs at stake within the club …..it needs a balanced approach - he will also be hurting and realise he has made some whopper poor decisions

No one is saying we don’t have to balance the books or reduce the wage bill, we are simply looking for something that will indicate we won’t try and go through the summer with no recruitment is all..

I was half expecting he would get mindless abuse from idiots, sad to hear it's true. We can criticise the running of the club but far too many people these days seem to think it's okay to be personally abusive. 
Ultimately the statement is a good PR piece, but I'm glad he wants to stay and rebuild, but his words will be hollow if he doesn't listen to the fans.

In the end, the reason there is so much criticism and negativity around the club, is that we as fans can see the mistakes, but nobody at the board level can, for the first time over the last 18 months or so since KP took over, it just feels like the fans are no longer included, the novelty of free beers wears off pretty quickly when the club is spiraling. Top can be forgiven, only if he engages with the fans. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

21 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’ve got respect for the owners that delivered us more success than I ever thought was possible. I stand by that. Cringe all you want mate, I’m going to speak out against entitles morons regardless

Separate top from his dad. 

Abuse is obviously not necessary and I don't think anyone condones it. But Top is getting far too much credit for his dad's work. 

Hopefully he learns from this but he's made ALOT of disastrous mistakes in his short time. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Exactly people act like it was a success when it was a massive failure

5th a massive failure lol

No shades of grey at all, because 5th place for a club our size is a great achievement, just a massive failure because we failed to get top 4 against teams with budgets and wages about half a billion higher than us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Top: "I think I should release a statement to help unify the fanbase at this difficult time"

(releases statement)

"Shit, I've made things worse"

Years ago I interned in a communications office. Even the most lowly person would know to leave out the abuse bit. Don't put anything negative in there, take ownership, draw a line and move on.

Address the abuse later in a separate statement if you want, but not in your first official communication after relegation. Which should have already been prepared and out yesterday.

It's like it's been written by an arse-kisser sucking up to Top - anyone who's had even one lesson in Crisis Communications knows not to include that.

All it had to really include was: Mistakes have been made; I take ownership of these; I understand people are upset and will start to rectify it immediately. Nothing else really needs to be said. Keep it short and move on.

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

5th a massive failure lol

No shades of grey at all, because 5th place for a club our size is a great achievement, just a massive failure because we failed to get top 4 against teams with budgets and wages about half a billion higher than us. 

Huh? We were over 10 points clear of 5th and ****ed it up. Start of the season 5th is great. However from our position at the time it’s a failure surely that’s clear to see? 

• Haha 1