Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

2 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

What was he supposed to say? Some of you need a word with yourselves. 

Certainly not to mention any positive/negative interactions with the fans? I'm not running this club, he does. It's his business. If he wants with official statements to interact with us why doesn't he propose a meeting with 20 fans from this forum? 

He acts like an owner of a restaurant in Kitchen Nightmares. This is the sad truth about this statement. If you can't see it I can't convince you otherwise. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

What was he supposed to say? Some of you need a word with yourselves. 

an acknowledgement and apology to all the minimum wage match day staff that'll lose their jobs as a result of his mismanagement would be a start 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Why? You don’t think his father also made some errors along the way? People act like our decision making under him was faultless.

I had extended the post as you replied to this. 

I never said it was faultless. Just he's getting alot of credit for his dad's work. So far he's made alot of mistakes. People talk about how can people turn on the owner after all he's done. Well it wasn't him. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Why? You don’t think his father also made some errors along the way? People act like our decision making under him was faultless.

Certainly wasn’t faultless. However, this, what we are seeing here is an accumulation of grave errors. The media is very much on the same tune that Leicester is a self inflicted disaster. Mistakes happen, the inability to correct those errors are rightly being criticised. I wouldn’t say it was the same under Vichai, mistakes were rectified early. Including the 16/17 window which led to our strongest PL squad. 

These words are all good and well but if we start next season with the “same again” attitude at board room, Top will be criticised when we are sat 14th. And rightly so. 

51 minutes ago, Onions said:

People angry there wasn’t a statement yesterday, are now angry there is a statement today. 

I swear people want him to sell the club to Del Boy and watch us flop back to league one, same people who have 25,000 posts and never been to a game I guess 🤷‍♂️

No, people are angry that the statement is bad, not because it exists.

I’d also disagree with your 2nd sentence, I doubt anyone wants that. Unless you can find quotes suggesting this? I think probably what people wanted was us to stay up and be run correctly, maybe sack a manager when they deserve it now and then. Maybe.

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

an acknowledgement and apology to all the minimum wage match day staff that'll lose their jobs as a result of his mismanagement would be a start 

Think you'll find the singing section are to blame for that.

• Haha 3

When Top talks about relegation not defining us, what does he mean? If you look at the yo-yo club table, City are now joint second with 4 PL relegations, along with Palace and Sunderland. Only Norwich and West Brom have more with 5 each. So relegation does define us - as one of the leading yo-yo clubs.

Lads I've just got hold of the second statement Top has written:

"Since our acquisition of Leicester City in 2010, King Power's ownership has brought about an incredible transformation and an era of unprecedented success for the club. Under my father's leadership, the late Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, we have witnessed an extraordinary journey that has seen Leicester City rise from the depths of the Championship to becoming Premier League champions in the unforgettable 2015-2016 season.

When King Power took over the club, we recognized the challenges it faced and the need for stability and ambition. We immediately injected vital funds into the club, enabling us to invest in crucial areas such as infrastructure, facilities, and the squad. This marked the beginning of a new chapter for Leicester City, one that would redefine our identity and propel us to new heights.

The impact of our investments became evident as Leicester City earned promotion to the Premier League in the 2013-2014 season. This achievement set the stage for what was to come. We were determined to establish ourselves as a force to be reckoned with, and we defied all expectations by consistently finishing in the top half of the Premier League table.

However, our greatest moment came in the 2015-2016 season. Against all odds, Leicester City emerged as Premier League champions, capturing the hearts and imaginations of football fans worldwide. It was an extraordinary feat that showcased the remarkable teamwork, skill, and determination of our players. This triumph was not only a testament to our investments but also a testament to the unwavering support of our passionate fans.

Tragedy struck in October 2018 when my father, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, lost his life in a devastating helicopter crash outside our beloved stadium. His passing was a profound loss, not only for our family but also for the club and the football community. However, we were determined to honor his legacy and continue his vision for Leicester City.

In the wake of my father's passing, I assumed the role of chairman and committed myself to carrying forward his legacy. King Power remained fully dedicated to the club, investing in its continued development. We strengthened our squad with key signings and appointed Brendan Rodgers as our manager, further enhancing our competitiveness.

Under Rodgers' guidance, Leicester City consistently challenged for European qualification, culminating in our return to the UEFA Europa League in the 2020-2021 season. This marked a significant milestone for the club as we competed against some of Europe's top teams, showcasing our progress and ambition.

The ownership of Leicester City by King Power has been marked by ambition, stability, and a relentless pursuit of success. We have witnessed the transformation of a struggling Championship side into Premier League champions and regular contenders in European competitions. Our investments and strategic decisions have played a crucial role in elevating the stature of Leicester City.

As I reflect on our journey, I am immensely proud of what we have achieved. The legacy of King Power's ownership will forever be etched in the history of Leicester City. We have left a lasting mark, not only in terms of silverware and success but also in the hearts of our loyal fans.

The future holds new challenges and opportunities, but our commitment to Leicester City remains unwavering. We will continue to build upon the foundation we have laid, nurturing the club's growth and pursuing success on and off the field. With the support of our fans and the dedication of everyone involved with the club, we are confident that Leicester City will continue to achieve great things in the years to come. Starting with a year in the Championship.

Top"

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Certainly not to mention any positive/negative interactions with the fans? I'm not running this club, he does. It's his business. If he wants with official statements to interact with us why doesn't he propose a meeting with 20 fans from this forum? 

He acts like an owner of a restaurant in Kitchen Nightmares. This is the sad truth about this statement. If you can't see it I can't convince you otherwise. 

what does this even mean?

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I had extended the post as you replied to this. 

I never said it was faultless. Just he's getting alot of credit for his dad's work. So far he's made alot of mistakes. People talk about how can people turn on the owner after all he's done. Well it wasn't him. 

His Dad’s work wasn’t two top 5 finishes and an FA Cup, that came under him, with a manager appointed under him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, floz said:

But surely there is room to be a bit more nuanced.

1. Personal abuse to Top and his family is unacceptable.

2. King Power have brought unprecedented success to our football club.

3. There has been a failure of leadership over the last 18 months, for which Top has to take a share of the blame.

4. Given 3 it is only fair to worry about whether there is a plan in place for next season given we have 10 weeks to recruit a new manager and coaching staff and replace upwards of 10 players. 

If you read the article you would see there is a plan in place for next season.

Of course, these milestones place our situation today into quite stark context, but I reference them to highlight the progress we have made as a Club in the last 13 years, which gives me confidence that we will build again. Relegation is undeniably a significant setback, but it will not define us.

This past season has been the most difficult for all of us to endure, ultimately resulting in relegation from the Premier League. We gave everything to turn it around yesterday and the atmosphere in the stadium after we’d gone in front and looked on course for survival was absolutely incredible. But relegation is a consequence of 38 games and over that period, we haven’t been good enough. Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point. What we learn from this experience must convert into action that makes us stronger and prevents this happening to us again in the future.

Really poor statement in my opinion. A lack of a sincere apology and reassurance that they have a plan to put things right. Just someone congratulating himself for things that have been achieved prior to this season and playing the victim card to deflect from his own mistakes. 

• Like 2

Is anyone actually taking anything he says seriously?

This time last year, he was talking about improving, moving forward and investment in the squad. All turned out to be a load of sh!t. 

He's saying what he thinks we want to hear when really we just want to know WTF is going on with outlr team. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Separate top from his dad. 

Abuse is obviously not necessary and I don't think anyone condones it. But Top is getting far too much credit for his dad's work. 

Hopefully he learns from this but he's made ALOT of disastrous mistakes in his short time. 

He’s made mistakes, no doubt. He’s also written off debt and guided us to two top 5 finishes an FA Cup and a community Shield. The abuse is disgusting and embarrassing, so yes I don’t condone it.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If you read the article you would see there is a plan in place for next season.

But the reflection is being done by Top, Rudkin and Whelan isn’t it? How can anyone have confidence that they’ll reach the right outcome in ridding the club of Rudkin? 

29 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You’ve got more respect for King Power than you have for yourself and that’s very sad imho 

Successful people like Richard Branson failed time and time again, but each time dusted themselves down and tried again.

Each time having learnt from previous mistakes. What's to say KP won't follow suit.

It takes more self respect to support the courage of your convictions than it does to take the attitude that Top should just pack up leave because he's failed this time.

I honestly wonder how any of you would deal with set backs in life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

what does this even mean?

It means that the whole statement is rubbish. You must release an official statement to unite the family and not to divide it. We don't want a recap of what was achieved. If we want this we can go to Wiki or YouTube. Forget the idiots in the minority who abused him. We, the loyal fans, the fans with common sense and morals want to see a statement with plans, a statement which also contains a recap of the mistakes which we all pointed out way earlier, even 2 years ago, and how he's planning to fix them in the future. 

Is it that difficult for you to understand? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

i think they were looking at bringing rodgers in when he was still alive.

And the squad that Fraudgers has at his disposal owed a lot to the scouting in 2018.(Evans, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Maddison)

Under Vichai and not Top.