Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

43 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

i think people really overrate those 2 5th place finishes. the first one was a complete bottlejob being 14 points ahead of man utd at one point. the first half of the season we were destroying teams, second half we barely beat anyone. the 2nd 5th place finish was embarassing as it got towards the end of the season (getting batterd by newcastle, drawing to 10 man southampton, getting battered by spurs who had a child managing them, getting battered by chelsea) 

we needed to strengthen both of those january's to grasp those opportunities and we didn't, 1 season was forgivable, but the second season was bonkers, it's clear the club doesn't learn it's lessons, and here we are

All that tells me is that he still doesn't recognise he is responsible for this because of his poor leadership. 

The Covid excuse is a copout because our problems haven't come from a lack of investment, we have one of the top 10 budgets in the Country whilst simultaneously investing in an amazing training ground, and looking to expand the stadium and surrounding area. The only way Covid can be used as an excuse, is if it caused him to take his eye of the Club, in order to focus more on the KP brand. 

1 hour ago, BigMicky said:

Are you intentially trying to make yourself look stupid?  As i keep saying, short memory. 

In response to a comment about Brendan Rodger's style of play, you said "Wins you stuff though, and thats what life is about. "

What did he win with us this season, apart from the slide into the Championship? Or are you one of these people happy to live on past successes with no look to the future? If you're happy with regression that's up to you, most of here wanted to see some progression though, or at least consolidation mid table, building on what we already had, and clearly Rodgers wasn't the man to do that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Rodgers has rubbed off on Top - that or they have the same PR firm.

This reads like someone who still hasn't accepted what has happened and his responsibility in it.

Very petty and unprofessional to seek sympathy for negative comments after such a historic failure.

It talks about unity but stokes the fires of division between fans that became stark on Sunday.

How many death threats, let alone vitriolic comments, do you think the Leeds board received and I'm sure the Everton board still got even though they survived?

In this day and age when there is righteous anger there will always be simpletons that go overboard in expressing that anger. It goes without saying that these are unacceptable.

Edited by BigGibbo
Typo
  • Like 3

In my humble opinion we have one of the best owners in football. His family has brought success to the club that no one ever imagined would be possible. If the muppets on here and with in our fan base abuse him and his family they should be ashamed. 
Relegation is heartbreaking but I honestly believe we will bounce straight back. We won’t be stronger has Rudkin and Rodgers have torn the heart out of this club with allowing players contracts to run down like they have. But we will be back and we will recover and hopefully we can rekindle some of this success. 
Puel when he was here brought in some of the best players we have seen in last 20 years little did we realise when he left the mess Rodgers would make of Puels legacy. 
I for one would rather have Puelball back then what we have now. 
WE WILL BE BACK 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I was pretty happy with how long Pearson got (and it was justified) and i don't think you could really sack ranieri any earlier, even if we called for it. 

Rodgers had about 844x more lives than the others. 

Correct.

Pearson was more than entitled to his full season in the Premier League given his remarkable turnaround. And in reality would have been entitled to another go in the Championship.

And didn't go call out the board about not being backed to detract from his own failings.

Then there's Rodgers sabotaging us from the very start of the season while he's having a good laugh at us all the time.

And the board facilitated him in all this.

All it took was action and they did nothing. Now look at us.

Sorry if thats sounds a bit harsh but

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

In response to a comment about Brendan Rodger's style of play, you said "Wins you stuff though, and thats what life is about. "

What did he win with us this season, apart from the slide into the Championship? Or are you one of these people happy to live on past successes with no look to the future? If you're happy with regression that's up to you, most of here wanted to see some progression though, or at least consolidation mid table, building on what we already had, and clearly Rodgers wasn't the man to do that. 

So you would give back the FA Cup if it meant we avoided relegation? It happened earlier than yesterday, so it seems to meet your rather contemporary definition. Not defending him, just not keen on rewriting history, although it sounds like history is for morons like me and books.

2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

In my humble opinion we have one of the best owners in football. His family has brought success to the club that no one ever imagined would be possible. If the muppets on here and with in our fan base abuse him and his family they should be ashamed. 
Relegation is heartbreaking but I honestly believe we will bounce straight back. We won’t be stronger has Rudkin and Rodgers have torn the heart out of this club with allowing players contracts to run down like they have. But we will be back and we will recover and hopefully we can rekindle some of this success. 
Puel when he was here brought in some of the best players we have seen in last 20 years little did we realise when he left the mess Rodgers would make of Puels legacy. 
I for one would rather have Puelball back then what we have now. 
WE WILL BE BACK 

Rudkin’s not going anywhere. How can you say we’ll be back, when arguably we’re in free-fall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Look, no-one in the public eye is going to come and say ‘We were shit, it’s my fault, sorry lads’ because he is serious individual and not speaking over a pint down the pub, it is totally normal that he would highlight the highs, before seeking to assure people he is looking to address the cause of our downfall

Not sure what else anyone could have expected tbh

It’s not a great statement, but I largely agree with you. With these things people read into them what they will. But people have been asking to see ‘the plan’, as if a statement is going to include a project plan or equivalent? I think it’s fair enough for the statement to point what they think the family have achieved with the club, and the statement clearly hurts but tries to highlight the intention is to get back. The talk of abusive messages is unnecessary, maybe a nod to understanding people aren’t happy but KP want to carry on regardless. Anyhow, it’s a little tone deaf but I personally won’t make too much out of it. 

What matters is what happens now, rather than what is written in a statement like this. I have huge concerns about the next steps and I don’t expect to see any big changes with the board. If that’s the case, they have to act stronger, better and faster than ever before. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 2

Just now, Chelmofox said:

It’s not a great statement, but I largely agree with you. With these things people read into them what they will. But people have been asking to see ‘the plan’, as if a statement is going to include a project plan or equivalent? I think it’s fair enough for the statement to point what they think the family have achieved with the club, and the statement clearly hurts but tries to highlight the intention is to get back. The talk of abusive messages is unnecessary, maybe a nod to understanding people aren’t happy but KP want to carry on regardless. Anyhow, it’s a little tone death but I personally won’t make too much out of it. 

What matters is what happens now, rather than what is written in a statement like this. I have huge concerns about the next steps and I don’t expect to see any big changes with the board. If that’s the case, they have to act stronger, better and faster than ever before. 

This

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you would give back the FA Cup if it meant we avoided relegation? It happened earlier than yesterday, so it seems to meet your rather contemporary definition. Not defending him, just not keen on rewriting history, although it sounds like history is for morons like me and books.

Why does it have to be one or the other?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

It’s obvious 99% of people don’t agree with the abuse. 

Once again people are just using it as a stick to beat others with, you dare criticise Top and you must agree with the abuse he’s being sent. 

Much the same as when people link not supporting the manager or disagreeing with Top as being a disloyal or poor fan. 

I don’t disagree with you there. But then isn’t it also 99% of people cherry picking parts of the statement they don’t like? Ultimately if you get beyond the waffle he’s said action will be taken (think this is the third time I’ve said it) so surely he deserves a chance to show he means his words. He’s not going to come out and say “I was stupid to trust Rudkin” publicly so not sure what people really expected to hear.

I also don’t agree with this whole “he owes us an apology”. I’m confident he will hold those responsible accountable. If he proves me wrong and does nothing then I’ll happily criticise him if I feel it’s warranted.

• Like 3