Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because he did bad, but he also did good - not a fan of rewriting history, regardless of the villain.

Nobody is rewriting history. The poster I quoted said BR's style of football 'wins stuff' It doesn't this season, it 'won stuff' in the past. If BR's style of football was still winning us stuff he'd still be here and we'd still be in the PL. 

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They pretty much did with Ranieri, Pearson had a little more credit but I think you are forgetting how much vitriol there was at the time.

People forget. Go back on this forum alone and you’ll see Pearson out threads and huge criticism. But those same people now pretend it never happened.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

Nobody is rewriting history. The poster I quoted said BR's style of football 'wins stuff' It doesn't this season, it 'won stuff' in the past. If BR's style of football was still winning us stuff he'd still be here and we'd still be in the PL. 

Sorry did not realise you were only discussing this season, otherwise , the poster was right, he did win stuff. :dunno:
Now he (in reality) also lost something he prizes highest of all, his own reputation hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People forget. Go back on this forum alone and you’ll see Pearson out threads and huge criticism. But those same people now pretend it never happened.

The crossover between the “Pearson out “ demographic and the “be careful what you wish for/ always been a championship club” demographic is pretty stark

Not sure why 

Throwing in his violin moment is not the act of a leader. He should be trying to unite a fan base at odds with each other. That bit seems like a spoilt child who wants sympathy. Raise it, not at this time. At that is what holds us back. What happens from today up and until the start of the season is massive for us. Unfortunately, just like Rodgers, what seemed like mistakes are in fact habits. It’s going to be a tough ten years. 

• Like 2

Top could’ve avoided relegation, the falling off of the financial cliff and the awful comments from the minority that have abused him by leaning on Rudkin to instruct Rodgers to just drop Danny Ward. A simple football fix would’ve prevented all of this stress. Yes we would’ve still been mid to lower in the table but we wouldn’t’ve been relegated. Not being relegated whilst simultaneously getting in line with FFP would’ve been a success. It’s unbelievable that such a simple fix was ignored for 27 games. Presumably there would’ve been a resistance to this influence from above from Rodgers and that would’ve likely meant the manager leaving his position earlier - but that would’ve been a win-win situation as Rodgers wanted out.

Top not being close enough to the actual football and trusting in Rudkin to be his ‘football eyes’ has been his massive failure. With a pulling of funds and the result that the simple fix of new better players wasn’t possible, he should’ve doubled down on the football decisions that were being made and instructed his man to monitor more closely every aspect of Rodgers’ decisions. He trusted Rudkin and Rudkin in turn, turned a blind eye to the obvious sulking and semi downing of tools by Rodgers.

Top’s first call now should be to remove the very man he trusted to oversee the football side in Jon Rudkin and ensure he has a Director of Football that is not entirely out of his depth and one that has the confidence, the respect and ability to communicate with the fans and the press and ultimately protect the owner from having to send out communications like this. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 2

I'm not sure what people were expecting to be honest?

I just hope he understands what went wrong this season and knows how to put it right, that is fundamental to succeeding next season.

A quick, exciting managerial appointment will go some way to getting the fans back onside.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

If he isn’t going to sell he should appoint an experienced Director to run the club on his behalf. Someone he deputises to make decision on his behalf. Sack Rudkin off and get a proper footballing brain in to run the place. 

get Simon Jordan in, has owned a club, made the mistakes, knows football, a smart bloke

18 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I sang Rodgers out at the Chelsea game and got a lot of groans and tuts. A lot of ‘careful what you wish for’ going on at the time. 

Same.

It still riles me Top shaking his head at fans who dared to show their discontent.

• Like 1

Really wish there was a way to respond to that letter with, "putting aside any personal abuse from anyone which is of course disgraceful apart from constructive criticism. What are you going to do now to solve the problems at the club? What happens between now and the start of the season and on what timelines? Is Rudkin going? When will the new manager be in? When will the next DOF? We have 10 weeks.

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry did not realise you were only discussing this season, otherwise , the poster was right, he did win stuff. :dunno:
Now he (in reality) also lost something he prizes highest of all, his own reputation hopefully.

Won, not wins :thumbup:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Really wish there was a way to respond to that letter with, "putting aside any personal abuse from anyone which is of course disgraceful apart from constructive criticism. What are you going to do now to solve the problems at the club? What happens between now and the start of the season and on what timelines? Is Rudkin going? When will the new manager be in? When will the next DOF? We have 10 weeks.

Did you read the statement? Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point. What we learn from this experience must convert into action that makes us stronger and prevents this happening to us again in the future.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I agree.  I think listing these  todos is a prompt to show how much needs to be revised if we are to be competitive next season.  I have a real question over if these things are recognized or the decision making record at the Top.

I honestly believe that  talking to fans would give insight to the board... and i dont mean foxestrust or cliff ginetta.

The club can reach me via a dm on foxes talk

Scouting

Squad talent management

Recruitment

Contracts

Squad contract mgmt

Medicine

Diet 

Psychology

Manager sucession planning

Defending set pieces

Set pieces

Fitness

Edited by foxinsocks

1 hour ago, Tim1974 said:

Successful people like Richard Branson failed time and time again, but each time dusted themselves down and tried again.

Each time having learnt from previous mistakes. What's to say KP won't follow suit.

It takes more self respect to support the courage of your convictions than it does to take the attitude that Top should just pack up leave because he's failed this time.

I honestly wonder how any of you would deal with set backs in life.

Fair point, let’s hope this happens.

• Like 2

"We gave everything to turn things around" in this painful season. No you did not as many have testified.

Too many mistakes have been made from the Board to the manager, players and coaching staff.

All are culpable and it us, the paying public, who have had to endure more than our fair share of wretched performances and suffered the most.

Many players aren't bothered. They will leave the Club to go on and ply their trade elsewhere unconcerned about staying to get us back into the top flight.

I know many of us, myself included, have seen it all before but it is different this time because what has been achieved over recent seasons.

If we were still a yo-yo Club it wouldn't be so bad but after all the hard work, endeavour, sacrifices and expenditure Vichai made it is galling to see it all chucked away.

49 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Rudkin’s not going anywhere. How can you say we’ll be back, when arguably we’re in free-fall.

Love fans like you. So what evidence is there that we are in free fall? Burnley went down and came straight back up. Let’s give the club the chance to address the crap of last few months and see what happens. I for one would rather be in championship with Top then without him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I agree.  I think listing these  todos is a prompt to show how much needs to be revised if we are to be competitive next season.  I have a real question over if these things are recognized or the decision making record at the Top.

I honestly believe that  talking to fans would give insight to the board... and i dont mean foxestrust or cliff ginetta.

The club can reach me via a dm on foxes talk

Scouting

Squad talent management

Recruitment

Contracts

Squad contract mgmt

Medicine

Diet 

Psychology

Manager sucession planning

Defending set pieces

Set pieces

Fitness

Think our defending set pieces has been ok since the new guy came in. It would be interesting to see some before and after stats to see if this is wishful thinking…

If you’re to see a silver lining of relegation. And by no means guaranteed. Had we stayed up, next season I think we would’ve been same again in terms of people running the club. I don’t think Top sees too much wrong with those so many of us criticise/blame. With relegation, we know with Marsch he does keep an eye on fans opinion, it might just force his hand to make changes. 

That’s my only hope. I think when we are losing away to Sheff Weds next season in a god awful mid week game, either being there or listening to Radio Leicester due to there being no stream, the reality of what we’ve let go will hit many. This is not a normal relegation. It’s Arsenal, Man U, Liv and Newcs looking at our players, not Luton, Brentford, Forest and Fulham - which is normally the situation. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Did you read the statement? Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point. What we learn from this experience must convert into action that makes us stronger and prevents this happening to us again in the future.

I did read that but it's totally weak. We don't have time to just now start reflecting like some hippy trying to find himself for a couple of weeks in the Peruvian Jungle. The season starts in 10 weeks. Everyone has known relegation was a real possibility for so long now we don't have time to sit back and reflect on anything, all permutations should have been considered. If he hasn't figured it out by now then he never will. Even if we had stayed up on the last day the same problems were there. They didn't just start now we got relegated and they wouldn't have gone away had we got lucky and stayed up. Changes would have had to be made. If the plan is to let Rudkin run the autopsy now then we really are in a mess and he will just blow more smoke and throw other people under the bus.  Over the coming days and weeks we will reflect is such a feeble statement.

Edited by desertfox2
Season
  • Like 3