Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

I did read that but it's totally weak. We don't have time to just now start reflecting like some hippy trying to find himself for a couple of weeks in the Peruvian Jungle. The season starts in 10 weeks. Everyone has known relegation was a real possibility for so long now we don't have time to sit back and reflect on anything, all permutations should have been considered. If he hasn't figured it out by now then he never will. Even if we had stayed up on the last day the same problems were there. They didn't just start now we got relegated and they wouldn't have gone away had we got lucky and stayed up. Changes would have had to be made. If the plan is to let Rudkin run the autopsy now then we really are in a mess and he will just blow more smoke and throw other people under the bus.  Over the coming days and weeks we will reflect is feeble.

I get we can’t wait weeks but there is a middle ground. 24 hours after confirmation of relegation really isn’t a lot of time and there will be raw emotion amongst everyone.

If we see some decision-making over the next 1-2 weeks then he’ll have backed up his words with actions. I think most would expect someone else in place to oversee footballing matters instead of Rudkin and a new manager.  Glover is there for recruitment so we’re okay on that front. 

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You’re a plum if you want him out now. Yes, he’s made mistakes but he should have the opportunity to show that he has learnt from them and can provide the leadership and commitment to turn things around and get us back to the PL. 

...Mods, too much positivity and forgiveness in this plastic post...

Lol

17 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Love fans like you. So what evidence is there that we are in free fall? Burnley went down and came straight back up. Let’s give the club the chance to address the crap of last few months and see what happens. I for one would rather be in championship with Top then without him 

Last few months? By a few you mean 18 months, surely? 

Evidence of free fall - 5th, 8th and now 18th. Plot the graph if you’d like, looks a monumental fall to me. Time will tell, happy to bookmark your post and revisit it this time next year - genuinely hope I’m wrong, but very little confidence based on how the last 18 months have gone that we have anyone remotely competent to steer us through this.

Edited by Trumpet
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm not sure what people were expecting to be honest?

I just hope he understands what went wrong this season and knows how to put it right, that is fundamental to succeeding next season.

A quick, exciting managerial appointment will go some way to getting the fans back onside.

Leeds and Southampton apologised to the fans immediately, that would have been a nice start seeing as our relegation was much worse than both of theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

Despicable behaviour from a few that have tiny minds and can't remember what this club has achieved over the last 7 years. Without Top and his father Leicester would be no where.

And where are we now ? Under the same ownership and yet back to being nowhere. While we all appreciate what we won, you are only as good as your last season. Gratitude is the shortest-lived emotion for all football fans not just us.I did not read any apology for this season from Top, which would have at least shown some personal responsibility for our mess. And most worrying is where is the money coming from ? We had none to bolster the team closed season so we are going to even less to get out of the championship. All in all that statement does nothing to allay fears of a continuing decline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Leeds and Southampton apologised to the fans immediately, that would have been a nice start seeing as our relegation was much worse than both of theirs.

...an apology would have been viewed as blah, blah, blah...!!!

Whether it was stated as part of his statement or not, it would have been seen as what did you expect him to say?

We just need to look to see what happens down the line, instead of forensically pulling this statement apart.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

And where are we now ? Under the same ownership and yet back to being nowhere. While we all appreciate what we won, you are only as good as your last season. Gratitude is the shortest-lived emotion for all football fans not just us.I did not read any apology for this season from Top, which would have at least shown some personal responsibility for our mess. And most worrying is where is the money coming from ? We had none to bolster the team closed season so we are going to even less to get out of the championship. All in all that statement does nothing to allay fears of a continuing decline.

Did you not read the statement about the implications of the pandemic on King Power. They are terrible owners writing off £190m. Yeh right!!

Foxes Talk

Hi all,

Jack here from the Talking Ballacks Podcast. As a Leicester City STH of 20 years, this relegation has been hard to take, as it has for all of you.

We have a segment on our Podcast called Added Time, and on the most recent, Jack summed up his views about the relegation situation and what comes next.

We are a fledgling podcast with views from loads of different football clubs, particularly Leicester, so any and all support and feedback is welcome! 

Please check out the video if you can, and like, share and subscribe if you enjoy it!💙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Did you not read the statement about the implications of the pandemic on King Power. They are terrible owners writing off £190m. Yeh right!!

Yes and that £190m could have and should have been spent on the team. It's going to cost us a damn sight more than £190m being relegated isn't it?

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...an apology would have been viewed as blah, blah, blah...!!!

Whether it was stated as part of his statement or not, it would have been seen as what did you expect him to say?

We just need to look to see what happens down the line, instead of forensically pulling this statement apart.

....just apologise for the failure!!!!

54 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If ever a statement proved that Top sees it as King Power FC and not Leicester City FC, that was it. Always been the case and anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves. The gold never seen before 2010. Parading round the pitch with trophies the team won. Statues despite us having no statues of players or managers. The tone deaf corporate feel to everything.

The statement reads like Brendan Rodgers wrote it. Distracting from the issue at hand. Painting an obviously negative scenario in a positive light. Taking no responsibility. Self-grandeur. Putting the club down with narrative. Saying things that will cause a stir that can’t be corroborated.

I would expect a wholehearted apology, expressing regret for mistakes and implying he’d let the fans down. The fact he has taken this opportunity to divide the fans (in a Rodgers-esque way), is extremely worrying and suggests he has not accepted what went wrong and his role in it. It reads almost like a King talking to his subjects.

I don’t care who you support, it’s laughable for people to suggest our natural place is below Brentford, Brighton, Luton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Burnley. Forest FFS. Yet that negative belief has been constantly reinforced by Rodgers, then the media, and now Top as he paints us the loveable overachievers.

He’s getting credit on here for ‘his family’s work’. That’s not him. His dad had to reinstate Pearson because Top recklessly sacked him without consulting anyone. Top appointed the man who has ruined the club and refused to sack him. There’s ample evidence he was not any sort of mastermind behind the scenes.

A billionaire trying to win sympathy when you’ve allowed a well-supported club to suffer an embarrassing and damaging relegation is a tough sell, but he’s gone for it and it’s evidently worked on some people.

Thank you for this. Written, I suspect from the head as well as the heart.

I truly believe that KP see Leicester City supporters as a bunch of ungrateful plebs who know absolutely nothing about football. 

2 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Yes and that £190m could have and should have been spent on the team. It's going to cost us a damn sight more than £190m being relegated isn't it?

You obviously don't understand accountancy and the FFP implications.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GoalInOnePod said:

Foxes Talk

Hi all,

Jack here from the Talking Ballacks Podcast. As a Leicester City STH of 20 years, this relegation has been hard to take, as it has for all of you.

We have a segment on our Podcast called Added Time, and on the most recent, Jack summed up his views about the relegation situation and what comes next.

We are a fledgling podcast with views from loads of different football clubs, particularly Leicester, so any and all support and feedback is welcome! 

Please check out the video if you can, and like, share and subscribe if you enjoy it!💙

you look pleased with relegation on your thumbnail lol 

7 minutes ago, GoalInOnePod said:

Foxes Talk

Hi all,

Excellent summary of things.

Though I'd give Iheanacho credit too.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

If ever a statement proved that Top sees it as King Power FC and not Leicester City FC, that was it. Always been the case and anyone saying otherwise is deluding themselves. The gold never seen before 2010. Parading round the pitch with trophies the team won. Statues despite us having no statues of players or managers. The tone deaf corporate feel to everything.

The statement reads like Brendan Rodgers wrote it. Distracting from the issue at hand. Painting an obviously negative scenario in a positive light. Taking no responsibility. Self-grandeur. Putting the club down with narrative. Saying things that will cause a stir that can’t be corroborated.

I would expect a wholehearted apology, expressing regret for mistakes and implying he’d let the fans down. The fact he has taken this opportunity to divide the fans (in a Rodgers-esque way), is extremely worrying and suggests he has not accepted what went wrong and his role in it. It reads almost like a King talking to his subjects.

I don’t care who you support, it’s laughable for people to suggest our natural place is below Brentford, Brighton, Luton, Bournemouth, Fulham, Burnley. Forest FFS. Yet that negative belief has been constantly reinforced by Rodgers, then the media, and now Top as he paints us the loveable overachievers.

He’s getting credit on here for ‘his family’s work’. That’s not him. His dad had to reinstate Pearson because Top recklessly sacked him without consulting anyone. Top appointed the man who has ruined the club and refused to sack him. There’s ample evidence he was not any sort of mastermind behind the scenes.

A billionaire trying to win sympathy when you’ve allowed a well-supported club to suffer an embarrassing and damaging relegation is a tough sell, but he’s gone for it and it’s evidently worked on some people.

The bit about Pearson is just wrong. It was the other way round! In February 2015 Vichai sacked Pearson and Top persuaded his dad the following day to reinstate him.

Just what the doctor ordered, more trite corporate-speak platitudes about togetherness and blind faith. "We need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point" - sounds good, be sure to let us know when you're all finished reflecting and are ready to take responsibility for, or perhaps simply acknowledge, your mistakes.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You’re a plum if you want him out now. Yes, he’s made mistakes but he should have the opportunity to show that he has learnt from them and can provide the leadership and commitment to turn things around and get us back to the PL. 

I bet when we start the season with George Hirst and Hamza Choudary in the line up you won't be saying this