Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

5 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

The bit about Pearson is just wrong. It was the other way round! In February 2015 Vichai sacked Pearson and Top persuaded his dad the following day to reinstate him.

No, it was the other way around. And the "persuasion" didn't happen the following day, it happened about an hour later. 

23 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You’re a plum if you want him out now. Yes, he’s made mistakes but he should have the opportunity to show that he has learnt from them and can provide the leadership and commitment to turn things around and get us back to the PL. 

He’s the owner and will get that opportunity no matter what. He’s been making mistakes over the last 18 months but only now he needs to address them because of relegation. We better hope he learns fast and starts showing the ruthless side his dad did have. 

5 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Yes he’s made some poor decisions and people are entitled to wanting him to sell etc but to abuse him just isn’t right imo

IMG_6350.jpeg

Total agree. That is just disgusting behavior. Honestly thought our fans had some respect for the owner

2 hours ago, MPH said:

No one is saying we don’t have to balance the books or reduce the wage bill, we are simply looking for something that will indicate we won’t try and go through the summer with no recruitment is all..

Well I think that is bloody obvious so not sure what he could have said that doesn’t give lots away or lie 

35 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Last few months? By a few you mean 18 months, surely? 

Evidence of free fall - 5th, 8th and now 18th. Plot the graph if you’d like, looks a monumental fall to me. Time will tell, happy to bookmark your post and revisit it this time next year - genuinely hope I’m wrong, but very little confidence based on how the last 18 months have gone that we have anyone remotely competent to steer us through this.

Yes 18 months since the forest crap. The fact that the graduated has gone may actually help us turn us around. Who we get as manager I don’t know. Smith done okish bug nig sure he is right man for job. 
I would offer graham potter the job. He may not wang championship but we don’t know. He may be able to steady this ship and players may actually enjoy playing for him 

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

No, it was the other way around. And the "persuasion" didn't happen the following day, it happened about an hour later. 

It was widely reported that Vichai sacked Pearson and Top persuaded his dad to reinstate him. This would make sense seeing as Vichai was the boss. Where’s your source that contradicts this? 

IMG_6755.jpeg

Top is a business man. Whatever he thinks of the board he cannot say it openly. It doesn’t work like that. 

He has said that things will be looked at, assessed and acted upon. That is as good as you will ever get these days. That could mean a number of things, but I doubt anyone in the upper echelons of the club are now safe. They shouldn’t be and Top should act if he feels he should and remove the dross from all areas, board, management team, coaching staff, playing staff. 

It is a big job and he needs to act quickly. He cannot afford to spend weeks assessing the structure whilst ignoring the team, or we will be panic buying again. 

• Like 1

Really disappointing statement. Everything has been said in 21 pages but as said, it is just a poor me, look at what I did before statement.

Any respect for him left has now gone from my point of view. Comes across like a petulant child!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Really disappointing statement. Everything has been said in 21 pages but as said, it is just a poor me, look at what I did before statement.

Any respect for him left has now gone from my point of view. Comes across like a petulant child!

You've not met many petulant children then lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I say this without fear of contradiction. 
with out Top and his family we probably wouldn’t of got promoted when we did. 
certainly wouldn’t of won the league

would not of played champions league

wouldn’t of played European football

probably would never of won the fa cup and certainly wouldn’t of won the community shield if we hadn’t won the cup. 
I for one will always want them as owners!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bats8711 said:

Hey - 126 people - you heard this guy - get out!

now - what about the other thousands of fans that have reasonable criticisms about the current regimes failings and don’t resort to name calling. Can we talk about that now?

thanks

Your probably addressing the right crowd.  I suspect some of those 126 are on here! :ph34r: