Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

Top would be better to run the line that says..

I know some people are unhappy with my own performance... and I will look hard at that ... but everything i tried to do was in the interests of the club... it may not have been correct but my intention should not be doubted.   It is never right to abuse another.  I accept and will reflect on criticism

I wish I had written his stuff

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Even if they take us down to non league? You'll be happy forever living on past victories? Not for me, thanks, I want to see us build and progress, and if that means a change of ownership then so be it. Nobody is bigger than the club, if KP can't keep us relevant I want someone who can. 

Spot on. 

I can't think of anything worse than ending up like Forest and having a whole generation thinking that waiting 20 odd years to finish 15th in the Premier League, while singing about glories they never witnessed, is as good as football gets.

I want this to be to our current ownership what 07-08 was to the Mandaric regime and see a total reset from top to bottom. If it isn't, they need to sell up before we're singing about the title-winning season to dilute the shame of being 2-0 down at home to Wrexham in League One.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Weird that someone would laugh at this. 

I was just laughing at the world's most obvious and anodyne hot take and the sheer amount of our fans that seem to think we're a local florist or something less used to receiving negative reviews.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

I've probably been more critical about Top then most but i dont get all the negativity regarding Tops statement. He's basically saying we've done it once and we can do it again. I get most want Rudkin out, but monumental decisions like that need some time. If its business as usual and no accountability is taken, then I'll worry, but as of yet, I'm giving Top the benefit of the doubt.

Exactly. The negative reaction is pretty dumb. 

• Like 2

His statement was true, not sure what people expected.

He will feel terrible about what has happened and of course has made mistakes but tell me who hasn’t in their working life. I hope he and his family are still committed to the club as it’s the most successful we have ever been.

Any abuse he has received is terrible and people need to take a hard look at themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, StevieH said:

You obviously don't understand accountancy and the FFP implications.

Neither does the club obviously. Covid hit all clubs but it wasn't responsible for the shite signings and so many players' contracts ending at the same time. stop trying to defend the undefendable, please.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I've probably been more critical about Top then most but i dont get all the negativity regarding Tops statement. He's basically saying we've done it once and we can do it again. I get most want Rudkin out, but monumental decisions like that need some time. If its business as usual and no accountability is taken, then I'll worry, but as of yet, I'm giving Top the benefit of the doubt.

The trouble is he's not saying HOW we are going to do it again? With what? you won't be seeing us on tv next season so no vital tv money coming in and according to him, we are broke anyway.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

10 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Listing previous success and then mentioning negative and abusive messages he’s received didn’t feel right to me. After the full time scenes yesterday there should’ve been an attempt to unite the club and fans but the statement does the opposite - this thread being a fine example.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frany104 said:

I took zero positivity from that statement. It just read like”be grateful for what we’ve achieved previously”. 

I don’t condone some of the abuse but he and the board deserve criticism. 

Yep. It's just more of the same. Exactly the mentality that's took us down.

Lets just be happy for what they have done and shit up and be good boys and girls.

Never  mind the ineptitude and lack of planning by the hierarchy, we should just accept failure!!

20 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Spot on. 

I can't think of anything worse than ending up like Forest and having a whole generation thinking that waiting 20 odd years to finish 15th in the Premier League, while singing about glories they never witnessed, is as good as football gets.

waiting 20 years to finish 17th in the premier league while singing about glories that never happened, like Leeds?

• Like 1

Just now, The Doctor said:

waiting 20 years to finish 17th in the premier league while singing about glories that never happened, like Leeds?

Both excellent cautionary tales of what happens when a club rests on its laurels and tells fans to stop complaining about being 18th in the Championship because it won (insert trophy here) in (insert decade here.)

52 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Well I think that is bloody obvious so not sure what he could have said that doesn’t give lots away or lie 

considering the backlash he’s had he would probably do well to say something to reassure the fans instead of just reflecting on the good times we’ve had. We all know the good times we’ve had, but what we don’t know is where we go from here..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Both excellent cautionary tales of what happens when a club rests on its laurels and tells fans to stop complaining about being 18th in the Championship because it won (insert trophy here) in (insert decade here.)

How many times have Leeds changed ownership in this time.

Guest Mee-9

You have to remember that we were considered possibly one of the best ran clubs in the whole world. 

That's why we're alarmed and those who speak out about this shouldn't be criticised at all. 

52 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Some of this hatred for Top is weird man

People think the next owners are just lining up to buy us and throw cash at us or something. It doesn't work that way unless a sheikh/country buys you.

Face it, we are like every other club outside the top 4 or 5 or 6. Unlikely to win anything and fight for the one offs where we crack the top 6. It's easier for a united or chelsea to get Europe and then miss it one or two seasons. They can afford it, we really can't. Brighton is that club this year...they wont last and will be back down to reality like the rest of us unfortunates. It is really tough to become a big boy club.

People got a sniff of the vag and expect it all the time now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

You've not met many petulant children then lol

Seriously, Dad, at some point we have to move on from you calling me this in public. No wonder Mum left to have sex with a commune. 🙄

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am glad that he put that into his statement, some people have gone too far, there is a line you should not cross and a lot of people, looking back, is unable to see where the line was!!!

I agree its not great making abusive comments, and I wouldn't personally.

However, I'm sure he has heard alot worse, in his business life, like any sort of dissapointment, people dont necessarily want to hear what the problems are, as I suspect most have formulated their own variations of why we got relegated, in my simple mind BR was given too long, Rudkin has failed at all levels, and Top needed to be more Ruthless.

I was hoping to hear a positive statement, full off encouraging comments, some inspiration a look forward too.

I dont want a new owner, as they have done great things for the club and city, however my Barometer to assess any indication of a real change, will be too see who becomes manager, and whether Rudkin remains, if Smith is appointed and Rudkin stays, it will tell me all I need to know.

• Like 1