Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

That statement doesn't scream the words, "Don't panic, we have a plan". It more says, "We will continue to do what we have done for the last couple of years and just wing it, and Jon Rudkin will stay". 

I, like many of you, do not condone abusive messages. But I am worried for our long term plan now, the bulk of the squad is leaving, and we need a new manager/backroom staff, and people need sacking. 

Should not have taken this long to make a statement. Once again brings into question his ability to run this club properly, and this summer could very much make or break whether the King Power ownership has any legs left, only time will tell.

• Like 2

I personally think it’s a reassuring statement. The guy has put massive amounts on the line for this club. Of course he’s not happy things have gone t*ts up and with his backing we will get it right again.

As for people abusing him, that’s just the lowest of the low. Be unhappy yes, provide your view on how to put it right yes, but abuse one of the most influential people in the most success this club has ever had says more about you and drags us all down with you. 🍆

Edited by Filberts lovechild
  • Like 3

It’s not a reassuring statement. I think he has an excuse to sell the club because of the abuse. This will take months so the situation is poor for the club and fans.

I don’t know if he’s got the bottle to sack Rudkin, but until he does we’re f****d.

Trust me when I tell you that Top isn’t the only deluded person at the club. The staff attitude is terrible and most of them treat match day as an afternoon or morning at their local youth club. I’ve also heard from multiple people that the club planned a knees up for the players, family & friends and staff to celebrate the season end. People in boxes saw them setting up tables and pub style benches pitch-side. When this was spotted they seemed to hurry (for fear of retaliation and heckling) and move it all indoors where the plans carried on as normal. If true (which I’m confident it is) then this doesn’t give a good reflection of a club that just got relegated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

The tone is in keeping with the way the club has been run of late. It smacks of people who don't feel they have a case to answer, nor that the major issue at hand right now isn't a case of a few fans being a bit nasty towards some very important people who've been sleeping on the job, but rather the fact that they were sleeping on the job in the first place. That sense of immunity to consequence is a main reason for us being where we are, so there's naturally nothing comforting in the statement.

Obviously with messages like this there's always an element of 'what did you expect him to say?' And, in his defence, I wouldn't condone the abuse he's received, though I hope he's not too surprised by it, nor sensitive to it, because there will be a lot more of that coming his way.

As a whole, I still maintain that a huge part of the problem is that these people genuinely believe that they achieved all of this. 'The journey', as they put it, began in 2010, rather than in 2008, or 1884, or whenever.

What follows is a whole load of 'look how much better we made your lives' - which I wouldn't hold against him too much. They're fighting their corner, and I don't blame Top for pointing out all that credit they have in the bank (by which I mean a metaphorically full one, of course, instead of the real and very empty one that they're presiding over).

I just hope that they don't actually believe all of this. Our success had more to do with people achieving way more than you'd have expected with their resources, whether you're talking about the old management team uncovering some of the world's top talent at second tier prices (that scouting network wasn't set up by this board, nor were the cheques they parted with particularly significant; and the club's journey from the bottom to the top didn't begin with them either), or people achieving things which our investment didn't come close to meriting.

Yes, by and large they have been good owners. I'd prefer them to show a bit of humility and sort themselves out, rather than sell up. But there was always a big question mark as to whether they'd come across the right people at the right time, or alternatively really were astute footballing operators. This season has cleared a lot of that doubt up.

It also leaves me wondering whether, if they really are convinced that our glory years were largely down to the collective nous of Top and Rudkin, is there any chance of them entertaining the possibility that their aims, their assessments, their grand ideas, might need a good going-over? It's wrong to read too much into statements like this, but in relation to what you might expect to get from a response, it did feel more 'hey, don't be ungrateful' in its tone, as opposed to 'yes, we know stuff needs to change, and we're onto it.'

What a superb post that is. 

Has Top any idea how galling it has been for the fans that Rodgers threw the club under the bus for a good 12 months and he stood there and did nothing?

Or the sheer embarrassment it has been watching how it all unfolded. With fans fully aware of the situation well in advance of the board

I can understand finances were tight in the summer but it was very simple. Remove Rodgers months before it happened.

Now look at us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Honestly this statement was a big disappointment on so many levels. Firstly it wreaked of woe me, "people are being abusive to me so I need to release a statement" I completely do not condone abuse to anyone, however it's reality and some people will use social media to direct their feelings directly at Top. He's been so used to the flowerly messages over the last decade he's not used to it. You've got to take the good with the bad. Although again those hurling abuse at the guy need to just stand back for a second and breathe. It's just not called for. 

Secondly - it's patronising as hell. We as fans are well aware of what we have accomplished and there is no need to gloss over the disastrous season by reminding us of this. Get straight to the point and talk about what you are going to do to fix the situation. Which is my next annoyance. At least mention some kind of plan. Tell us what you are going to do!

He mentions a lot of 'we' - as the Top of the food chain he needs to take some responsibility of 'I' as ultimately the buck stops with him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

It’s not a reassuring statement. I think he has an excuse to sell the club because of the abuse. This will take months so the situation is poor for the club and fans.

I don’t know if he’s got the bottle to sack Rudkin, but until he does we’re f****d.

He’s not going to sell the club. For starters no one will buy us and secondly the club is worth so much more as a PL club. The value of the asset is currently greatly reduced.

What part of ‘we’ll be back’ do people not find re-assuring? 

26 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I have heard this as well. Had a bouncy castle hired for it. 

The saddest part for me is numerous employees of the club are going to lose their jobs over the coming weeks. Throw in a blow to the city’s economy which has struggled post covid but thrived with occasions such as European football and sell out crowds. I think that sort of pisses me off more - there’s been one figure who in the last season has admitted they have failed, Dean Smith who was here for 8 games. 

Glad I’m not the only one. I also heard about the bouncy castle but couldn’t verify it. Clearly it was on the cards then. Absolutely ridiculous

Wonder what the board meetings are like - finger sandwiches and clapping all round. 

He needs to stay and drag us out this mess - he’s relatively young at 37 to be in his position, in that case he needs to be a leader and appoint people around him that can help, every strong leader does this. 

He should be putting an advert out for a cpl or three experienced NEDs - sack Rudkin tomorrow. The whole board need to put together a plan for the next 12 months with a framework for the next 5 years, get the right people in and execute it. 

From my experience If the cultures and behaviours and more importantly standards aren’t set from the top you have no chance. 

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Has Top any idea how galling it has been for the fans that Rodgers threw the club under the bus for a good 12 months and he stood there and did nothing?

Or the sheer embarrassment it has been watching how it all unfolded. With fans fully aware of the situation well in advance of the board

This post, this is what should’ve informed the first communique from the club following relegation or last minute escape. 

This, two weeks ago should’ve informed the construction of the message that was going to be delivered. 

Not the content, the emotion. The clear knowledge that this post needed addressing and empathising with. 

It’s really not rocket science. It’s the basic ability for someone to appreciate the emotions underlying everything and acknowledge them. To say it’s OK to feel that way and we’re a bit sorry - not even to own the blame, just to empathise with it. 

Fvck me, I’m the fvcking autistic one and I feel like I’m living in a world of über autism. You just need to act like you care!

38 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

The tone is in keeping with the way the club has been run of late. It smacks of people who don't feel they have a case to answer, nor that the major issue at hand right now isn't a case of a few fans being a bit nasty towards some very important people who've been sleeping on the job, but rather the fact that they were sleeping on the job in the first place. That sense of immunity to consequence is a main reason for us being where we are, so there's naturally nothing comforting in the statement.

Obviously with messages like this there's always an element of 'what did you expect him to say?' And, in his defence, I wouldn't condone the abuse he's received, though I hope he's not too surprised by it, nor sensitive to it, because there will be a lot more of that coming his way.

As a whole, I still maintain that a huge part of the problem is that these people genuinely believe that they achieved all of this. 'The journey', as they put it, began in 2010, rather than in 2008, or 1884, or whenever.

What follows is a whole load of 'look how much better we made your lives' - which I wouldn't hold against him too much. They're fighting their corner, and I don't blame Top for pointing out all that credit they have in the bank (by which I mean a metaphorically full one, of course, instead of the real and very empty one that they're presiding over).

I just hope that they don't actually believe all of this. Our success had more to do with people achieving way more than you'd have expected with their resources, whether you're talking about the old management team uncovering some of the world's top talent at second tier prices (that scouting network wasn't set up by this board, nor were the cheques they parted with particularly significant; and the club's journey from the bottom to the top didn't begin with them either), or people achieving things which our investment didn't come close to meriting.

Yes, by and large they have been good owners. I'd prefer them to show a bit of humility and sort themselves out, rather than sell up. But there was always a big question mark as to whether they'd come across the right people at the right time, or alternatively really were astute footballing operators. This season has cleared a lot of that doubt up.

It also leaves me wondering whether, if they really are convinced that our glory years were largely down to the collective nous of Top and Rudkin, is there any chance of them entertaining the possibility that their aims, their assessments, their grand ideas, might need a good going-over? It's wrong to read too much into statements like this, but in relation to what you might expect to get from a response, it did feel more 'hey, don't be ungrateful' in its tone, as opposed to 'yes, we know stuff needs to change, and we're onto it.'

Yep and little things like the mural coming down round the ground and being replaced by the KP banner, a refusal to put up statues of Banks or any other ex -players, right down to the chairman having himself on the cover of the programme on title day backs all that up.

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Any criticism of the ownership = abuse to the ownership. That’s how it’s been viewed across social board this afternoon and evening. 

Not sure I read it as leading towards divisiveness to the fans. 

He just mentioned he got loads of abusive messages, no?