Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

32 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Wonder what the board meetings are like - finger sandwiches and clapping all round. 

He needs to stay and drag us out this mess - he’s relatively young at 37 to be in his position, in that case he needs to be a leader and appoint people around him that can help, every strong leader does this. 

He should be putting an advert out for a cpl or three experienced NEDs - sack Rudkin tomorrow. The whole board need to put together a plan for the next 12 months with a framework for the next 5 years, get the right people in and execute it. 

From my experience If the cultures and behaviours and more importantly standards aren’t set from the top you have no chance. 

Bang on the money. Everything wrong here starts at the top and that isn’t me throwing insults at the master dictator, it’s facts. Very rarely….well actually never does a business plummet like this if the people sitting in the big seats are up to the task. And that is a point that can’t be argued. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure I read it as leading towards divisiveness to the fans. 

He just mentioned he got loads of abusive messages, no? 

But we are here now on a forum discussing the statement with differing views leading to quite heated disagreements. 

Aim of the statement should have been to unite. It’s just further pushed at a crack which was quite clear to see across the ground at full time yesterday with multiple violent flashpoints. 

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not sure I read it as leading towards divisiveness to the fans. 

He just mentioned he got loads of abusive messages, no? 

I think thats the point of mentioning it. Get the fans talking about something else other than relegation. Any PR expert worth their salt would know how divided our fanbase is and how good a comment like that would be at distracting from the wider issues. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

But we are here now on a forum discussing the statement with differing views leading to quite heated disagreements. 

Aim of the statement should have been to unite. It’s just further pushed at a crack which was quite clear to see across the ground at full time yesterday with multiple violent flashpoints. 

I very much doubt his intention was to be divisive?!  Not least on an Internet forum where there is bound to be people disagreeing. 

Funny how some have said 'bet he didn't write this statement' but suddenly he has written that specific part to show how much he wants to split fans up. 

Anyway, I don't think he's done that intentionally and it's just human nature to have different viewpoints. 

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time. But never all of the people all of the time. It's just impossible for Top to have done. There was always going to be some difference in opinion no matter what the statement said. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I think thats the point of mentioning it. Get the fans talking about something else other than relegation. Any PR expert worth their salt would know how divided our fanbase is and how good a comment like that would be at distracting from the wider issues. 

If anyone is distracted by the relegation because he mentioned that he received abusive messages, well then I have no hope for those fans lol

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I very much doubt his intention was to be divisive?!  Not least on an Internet forum where there is bound to be people disagreeing. 

Funny how some have said 'bet he didn't write this statement' but suddenly he has written that specific part to show how much he wants to split fans up. 

Anyway, I don't think he's done that intentionally and it's just human nature to have different viewpoints. 

You can please some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time. But never all of the people all of the time. It's just impossible for Top to have done. There was always going to be some difference in opinion no matter what the statement said. 

‘He’ didn’t need to create the talking point. He didn’t need to stress the point of it either. Now wasn’t the time to give fire to some people’s judgements. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't minded it, I will watch the clubs action not words.

True true. It's not indicative of a man who is about to do something, though.

It's a pity the statement shows neither vision nor culpability when we need both vision and culpability.

And he informs us some of us are knuckledragging cretins. We know, Top. We know.

33 minutes ago, Dames said:

That statement reeks of deflection. Trying to pit fans against each other. 

Nothing reassuring about it at all.

I'm not sure anyone needs to pit our fans against each other. They do that by themselves! I know that all clubs are marked by certain key divisions in opinion, but to me it seems like some of our differing schools of thought really are at odds with one another. And we've always been a bit like this.

I remember half a ground singing Brian Little's name while others were spitting at him. There were the fans who simply couldn't forgive the club for sacking Martin Allen, and then those who were proudly donning their Ollie masks as we slumped down the table, and other despaired. And then we were divided all over again when Sven left a few years later, with a good portion of our support long-convinced that he'd been a better bet than Pearson. This season there's been a sort of silent stand-off going on all year long between those who've absolutely had it and those with unshakable faith in the club's every move, which reminded me of 2001/02 in all sorts of ways (with our highly-rated manager in charge, and our much-loved chairman). Much the same debate and standoff occurred back then. And my Dad tells me that the fans were violently split when it came to whether we fired both Gillies and Bloomfield. In fact, that debate about whether we should have been a Bloomfield-esque purists' side or an O'Farrell-esque team of battlers is probably what evolved into our current debate over whether Ranieri-ball or Rodgers-ball is better. It's the new Bloomfield vs. McLintock, or O'Neill vs. McGhee, or Pearson vs. Sven.

Yes, I know, this happens everywhere. And nothing would be lower than any intimation of blame on the fans' part for what has happened. I also totally agree that the tone of Top's message is very poor. But, apart from that, when I see those pictures of our fans beating the crap out of each other, I can't help feel that we are a little bit unusual.

• Like 1

Our owners have overseen the greatest period in the history of our club by a distance. A lot of us thought the O'Neill years were the best we could hope for. Even the 1960s under Matt Gilles don't match it. I get the disappointment of how it has ended but give Top a chance to put it right. A statement is really is all it is. The prove of the pudding will be in the eating of the close season and next season. 

• Like 1

Guys, I'm quite sure Top didn't have the intention to divide us but unfortunately the paragraph in the statement mentioning the abuse/negative messages is absolutely wrong. Whoever advised him or even wrote this statement must be out of our club tomorrow. This is not the way to approach the fans. I didn't expect an apology, I don't want an apology. I wanted a direct, strong, dynamic message. I don't want a chairman's CV or achievements resume. 

I understand there's a paragraph mentioning that he'll take action. The rest was needless. I fear that Top has bad advisors around him. 

• Like 2

Still, a benefit of relegation is perhaps some of the entitled prats will bugger off elsewhere on saturday afternoons.  Perhaps B&Q will give them a bit more of what they are looking for.

In my 50 plus years of this, we've had our most successful period EVER!  And all some want to do is bleat about relegation and  "sack the board"   Try watching Pleat's team.  Try watching the shambles that was administration or perhaps relegation to the 3rd tier.   We dont have to look too far to see what happens when you have owners that are not up to it.  Derby? Cov?

Yes, it IS disappointing. 

Maybe we over reached.

Maybe we shouldnt have built Seagrave

Maybe if King Power hadnt lost 2 years of their entire business revenue. It is after all very hard to sell duty free when no one is travelling and half the world is in lockdown.

Maybe if the manager hadnt thrown everyone - players, board and fans under the bus.

Maybe if the football world had beaten a path to our door last summer with big money offers for the players now out of contract.

Maybe Rudkin should have had a "fire sale" last summer and let  Youri, Cags etc go for next to nothing

Maybe we'd still be in this mess anyway

Been here before, we will be here again.

And so my friends, "go back in there, chill them *people* out and wait for the Wolf, who will be coming directly":ph34r::P

• Like 1

He needs to be ruthless going forward. ask the right questions. Instil fear into the kiss asses around him. 

Why are 8 of my players leaving on frees in 2 years ? Who is not signing ? Fine, he doesn’t play again until he signs. 

Why is our injury list so long ? Why are we sacking the physio who is highly regarded and kept us for so long from having such a list, including two title runs ?

Why are we moving away from a highly respected scouting system ?

Why are so many of my employees choosing to leave ? What exactly is upsetting them or causing them to think they can’t achieve their ambitions here. 

Why are we losing games at the slightest bit of pressure ? 

why are we struggling to beat lower league teams ?

Why are we losing games with 4 seconds left ?

What do you mean these players find my £100m training ground too big ? 

I don’t want a chairman who the players adore, it helps yes and Vichai seemed to have nailed it but you don’t have Youri ****ing Tielemans, captain us for most of the season, commit  criminal errors and then jump on a flight immediately after relegation without any repercussions. Respect the business, respect the badge and that start at the top. **** the words Top, lead!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Guys, I'm quite sure Top didn't have the intention to divide us but unfortunately the paragraph in the statement mentioning the abuse/negative messages is absolutely wrong. Whoever advised him or even wrote this statement must be out of our club tomorrow. This is not the way to approach the fans. I didn't expect an apology, I don't want an apology. I wanted a direct, strong, dynamic message. I don't want a chairman's CV or achievements resume. 

I understand there's a paragraph mentioning that he'll take action. The rest was needless. I fear that Top has bad advisors around him. 

Slightly misleading as well in insuitating that all negative comments are abusive. Which is not the case. There will be some idiots out there but he's also rightfully had fair criticism. 

Missed opportunity to acknowledge, apologise and reassure that the powers are taking this seriously ahead of the new season. Rather than a few soundbites of we'll be back etc

Edited by HybridFox

8 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Still, a benefit of relegation is perhaps some of the entitled prats will bugger off elsewhere on saturday afternoons.  Perhaps B&Q will give them a bit more of what they are looking for.

In my 50 plus years of this, we've had our most successful period EVER!  And all some want to do is bleat about relegation and  "sack the board"   Try watching Pleat's team.  Try watching the shambles that was administration or perhaps relegation to the 3rd tier.   We dont have to look too far to see what happens when you have owners that are not up to it.  Derby? Cov?

Maybe we over reached.

Maybe if King Power hadnt lost 2 years of their entire business revenue. It is after all very hard to sell duty free when no one is travelling and half the world is in lockdown.

Maybe if the manager hadnt thrown everyone - players, board and fans under the bus.

Maybe if the football world had beaten a path to our door last summer with big money offers for the players now out of contract.

Maybe Rudkin should have had a "fire sale" last summer and let  Youri, Cags etc go for next to nothing

And so my friends, "go back in there, chill them *people* out and wait for the Wolf, who will be coming directly":ph34r::P

Look, if we take away the sad aspect of relegation and try to be more calm and pragmatic, I can't see how a proper rebuild would have been achieved if we stayed up. 2/3 of this team must be replaced plus coaching staff etc. A relegation battle would be inevitable again next season in PL and I don't really want this team to be like Everton. I don't even want this team to be like Spurs or Palace. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pleatout said:

Maybe we over reached.

This is the bit that I don’t understand. People who have this quite peculiar opinion that we are not at risk currently of being under ownership that has lost interest. 

Even Top, just by his increase in attendance post Rodgers has recognised his attention to the club was lacking and being more hands on is certainly needed.

I got no problem with the King Power fans sticking up for the man they hold as a hero but pretending we can point the finger and say look at them, poor sods is certainly not an option any more. Top’s next set of actions is imperative for his legacy. We are now on par with Cov and if we don’t manage the next two maybe three years well, our financial position will not be that far off Derby. Again, that can’t be argued. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You’re a plum if you want him out now. Yes, he’s made mistakes but he should have the opportunity to show that he has learnt from them and can provide the leadership and commitment to turn things around and get us back to the PL. 

While I agree, that could change very quickly. 

The answer is so simple, get rid of Rudkin and the fan base will be happy. Rudkin is not a football guy, he’s a business man who’s worried about only himself and somehow made a career in the football industry. 

Top seems very dependent on people around him for his own knowledge. Put someone next to him with a serious footballing brain and I think Top would benefit massively himself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sm1 said:

I've probably been more critical about Top then most but i dont get all the negativity regarding Tops statement. He's basically saying we've done it once and we can do it again. I get most want Rudkin out, but monumental decisions like that need some time. If its business as usual and no accountability is taken, then I'll worry, but as of yet, I'm giving Top the benefit of the doubt.

Agreed, I feel regardless of what he had to say other than “oh yeah and we’ve got rid of that twat Rudkin” was gonna be criticised.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What I truthfully want to know is how are people managing to send messages through to him? If so let’s bombard the guy with messages to get Rudkin out lol 

You can still send messages to people even if they have private Instagram accounts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You can still send messages to people even if they have private Instagram accounts

If he is judging “fans” and taking issues with messages received on a social media app, which is known for trolls, he has some serious growing up to do.