Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

True true. It's not indicative of a man who is about to do something, though.

It's a pity the statement shows neither vision nor culpability when we need both vision and culpability.

And he informs us some of us are knuckledragging cretins. We know, Top. We know.

Can you say vision and cupability again please 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If he is judging “fans” and taking issues with messages received on a social media app, which is known for trolls, he has some serious growing up to do. 

I disagree, doesn’t matter whoever the person is, having your inbox flooded with probably hundreds of messages from people being abusive, it isn’t going to be something you can just ignore, it is going to effect you in someway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skid_1884 said:

The only fans culpable are the ones who were still backing Rodgers at Christmas and are complicit in sleep walking us  into relegation

But…but…the past success!!!

We should be happy with what we’ve had. And take this slow motion train wreck with pure happiness and reverence for the ownership that is conducting said train wreck because his father set up the club for those earlier successes and tragically died.

I don’t understand the mindset by so many on here that being thankful for what Top’s father brought to the club also means that we have to be happy and thankful for the club’s present state, without even questioning what has happened.  It’s ok to want more, and to want to build off of that past success. I’m sorry, but it’s not ok to think fondly of that success and meagerly accept that those grand days are behind us, potentially for good, and be like “well we had a great run, we shouldn’t be critical of the clear disaster occurring before us, and just slip back to mediocrity, ho hum.” 

Rant over. 
Foxes Forever. 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I disagree, doesn’t matter whoever the person is, having your inbox flooded with probably hundreds of messages from people being abusive, it isn’t going to be something you can just ignore, it is going to effect you in someway.

Not if you’re sat at the top of the tree. If this was another high profile owner, billionaire, ceo, we’d be calling it a melt down. He can’t be reacting to social media DMs and if it does “affect him” he needs to operate it differently. In an otherwise vanilla statement, it was probably best left out and picked up a few weeks later (perhaps after the appointment of manager) and addressed properly. 

16 minutes ago, KFS said:

The problem with you and the rest of the boomer brigade is you’re quick to say shit like ‘try watching Pleat’s team’

THIS IS THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS PLEAT TEAM. Even worse it’s like your MON team on the verge of doing something special that go and **** it up, all the while your grandad is telling you to knock it off because we were little Leicester Fosse once.

Please please please stop with posts like this. It’s not even going to be your mess to clean up in however many years. That’s why you’re posting drivel like this. 

This is NOTHING like pleats team.  You really have no idea. The MON team were on the verge of something and Taylor DID **** it up.

Do you honestly think that the last 10 years is "normal"?  Or that it can be sustained?  Dream on.  Blackburn? Leeds? Ipswich? Norwich?  Florist have won 2 European cups you know.  Villa have won it as well.  The phrase "where were you when you were sh*t" applies to Man City, Newcastle & Chelsea

It's not my mess to clear up now.  Nor is it yours.  I think you over estimate your value in all of this.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You might call it a melt down but I don’t care whether they are a billionaire, or a celebrity, or just a normal person.

It does not mean they should have to be exposed to be abusive messages and that they should what? Just suck it up? Not react at all?

Why do you think we regularly see celebs, footballers etc. having to turn off comments on their social media accounts? Because no matter who they are, social media abuse still effects them, and we shouldn’t be annoyed at him for letting it.

He has got things wrong since he has taken over but people going after him for this is ridiculous, if anything this should be at least the one thing all fans agree on and defend on him.

You can criticise him for his job, but going to the point of being abusive is just being a scumbag. End of. He has every right to call it out as well, as all people do if they are.

The scrutiny with social media means people are far more a target than ever before. The right thing is to manage that. Pretending you can police the world is naive. With great benefits come great responsibility - that’s something that hasn’t changed. there Is no need for so much emotion but there is a better way to manage/call it out. Sucking it up as you call it or not doing anything is very different to managing it when you lead to channel the message better.

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You might call it a melt down but I don’t care whether they are a billionaire, or a celebrity, or just a normal person.

It does not mean they should have to be exposed to be abusive messages and that they should what? Just suck it up? Not react at all?

Why do you think we regularly see celebs, footballers etc. having to turn off comments on there social media accounts? Because no matter who they are, social media abuse still effects them, and we shouldn’t be annoyed at him for letting it.

He has got things wrong since he has taken over but people going after him for this is ridiculous, if anything this should be at least the one thing all fans agree on and defend on him.

You can criticise him for his job, but going to the point of being abusive is just being a scumbag. End of. He has every right to call it out as well, as all people do if they are.

Not to mention, when comparing most high profile CEOs Chairmen etc. They didn’t have their dad die outside their place of work and are trying to carry on their fathers legacy at the same place.

Given the above, they maybe be far more susceptible to abuse and criticism at that workplace than your average Joe who may well take it with a pinch of salt.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 2

In more brutal circumstances, he could have sold us to an awful American investment group along with our debts and we would have been plunged into the depths of English football - possibly for the rest of our lives. Of course he's made a mistake in allowing Rudkin to direct footballing matters for as long as he has, but to have an owner who has a genuine personal investment in the club is what makes us so special. 

I genuinely believe that to direct abuse at Top for 'letting players run down contracts', rather than the shameless, scumbag group who barely broke a sweat when we desperately needed them to perform is where we're going wrong. 

51 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

In more brutal circumstances, he could have sold us to an awful American investment group along with our debts and we would have been plunged into the depths of English football - possibly for the rest of our lives. Of course he's made a mistake in allowing Rudkin to direct footballing matters for as long as he has, but to have an owner who has a genuine personal investment in the club is what makes us so special. 

I genuinely believe that to direct abuse at Top for 'letting players run down contracts', rather than the shameless, scumbag group who barely broke a sweat when we desperately needed them to perform is where we're going wrong. 

What exactly did he do about that for the past 2 years? 

Ring Rudkin a few times? Turn up for Forest at home, and the last few games when his money was going down the shitter? 

What correspondence have we had? Meaningless programme notes that aren't even from him? A statement today that even Rodgers would be proud of because it detaches so much blame. 

We'd be calling this out for what it is if we hadn't had all that personal investment. 

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

If anyone is distracted by the relegation because he mentioned that he received abusive messages, well then I have no hope for those fans lol

And here we are, 25 pages deep in a thread where the majority of posts discuss said “abusive messages” or Top’s mentioning of said abuse in his statement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

What exactly did he do about that for the past 2 years? 

Ring Rudkin a few times? Turn up for Forest at home, and the last few games when his money was going down the shitter? 

What correspondence have we had? Meaningless programme notes that aren't even from him? A statement today that even Rodgers would be proud of because it detaches so much blame. 

We'd be calling this out for what it is if we hadn't had all that personal investment. 

His approach has always been to leave footballing matters to people who have a far more experience within the game. I'd imagine this is a lesson learnt from their over-involvement near the beginning of their tenure when they got Sven in, alongside a heap of ridiculously expensive players who weren't up to the Championship. 

Is this approach to his detriment - on this occasion, yes. 

The reality of modern football ownership is completely disassociated with our priorities as fans - so to have an owner who has a personal investment like Top means that we at least get some alignment. Thinking long term, rather than the recent downturn in our fortunes, Top's most recent investments will reap rewards. We need to right manager and DoF to maximise our world class training facilities. We'll have a much bigger stadium to support a growing fanbase and I still have faith that we will see success again at the King Power. 

I see a few Leeds fans think it's a good statement, like others have said anything that is said will be picked apart. There are some things that can't be said to fans as private conversations need to be had. We shall be clear by the end of August what the next couple years look like I'd guess.

Edited by Beachyboy

Top needs to wake up I think he’s still asleep at the wheel, his sheer incompetence is the reason we have regressed.

As the owner he needs to be accountable yes I know he has a team below him, to run a football club. But he’s the owner he should have sacked Rodgers long before April.

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The scrutiny with social media means people are far more a target than ever before. The right thing is to manage that. Pretending you can police the world is naive. With great benefits come great responsibility - that’s something that hasn’t changed. there Is no need for so much emotion but there is a better way to manage/call it out. Sucking it up as you call it or not doing anything is very different to managing it when you lead to channel the message better.

Worth mentioning I fully suspect he gets regular abuse from people with far more justification - ie. The Thai people objecting to the monarchy etc. 

6 hours ago, KFS said:

The problem with you and the rest of the boomer brigade is you’re quick to say shit like ‘try watching Pleat’s team’

THIS IS THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS PLEAT TEAM. Even worse it’s like your MON team on the verge of doing something special that go and **** it up, all the while your grandad is telling you to knock it off because we were little Leicester Fosse once.

Please please please stop with posts like this. It’s not even going to be your mess to clean up in however many years. That’s why you’re posting drivel like this. 

The only problem with your post is the accusation that a whole group of people think the same way, we've probably seen quite enough of that over the past two days.

But you're right and there is no point in looking backwards, this is the trap the club seem to have fallen into, almost believing past success meant somehow there was magic around the place that would protect us, you know the same magic that won us the FA cup.....etc etc.