Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

4 hours ago, ConnFoxUS said:

And here we are, 25 pages deep in a thread where the majority of posts discuss said “abusive messages” or Top’s mentioning of said abuse in his statement. 

But are we 'distracted' by the fact we are relegated? I very much think not! 

7 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Our owners have overseen the greatest period in the history of our club by a distance. A lot of us thought the O'Neill years were the best we could hope for. Even the 1960s under Matt Gilles don't match it. I get the disappointment of how it has ended but give Top a chance to put it right. A statement is really is all it is. The prove of the pudding will be in the eating of the close season and next season. 

I will give him a chance, but if he makes little change across the board then it says it all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I will give him a chance, but if he makes little change across the board then it says it all.

You just know they will think new manager, maybe refresh scouting set-up but if you leave the DofF in situ to oversee everything the key problem remains.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

He’s not going to sell the club. For starters no one will buy us and secondly the club is worth so much more as a PL club. The value of the asset is currently greatly reduced.

What part of ‘we’ll be back’ do people not find re-assuring? 

Well I didn't expect him to say we are going to struggle and possibly be relegated again!!

One of the main reasons of the club being relegated is his inaction. So I am not reassured by his statement.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

What sort of person, would send a message to the owner of the football club, someone that has donated millions of pounds to the local hospital, and be abusive?

I might not agree to everything they do, but no need for the nastiness.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

What sort of person, would send a message to the owner of the football club, someone that has donated millions of pounds to the local hospital, and be abusive?

I might not agree to everything they do, but no need for the nastiness.

I do wonder where these messages are, because it's not like he has an inbox or is contactable. So he must be looking on twitter etc or someone's telling him? 

Beyond everything being on fire and complete mess. We are now two days after relegation was confirmed (confirmed not a surprise) and there’s been one message from Top.

The club are clueless, Evans has pretty much confirmed they don’t know what they are now going to do. 

We have gone through each month since we won the community shield with a completely clueless club. Sacking Rodgers and leaving two goalkeepers in charge for biggest games on the season is the most obvious example of the idiocy. 

I guess the point I’m making is there’s no Championship Contingency Plan, which is criminal. I cannot believe the club did not have ready made plan, only 6 clubs in England should not have contingency plans. We are ducked here, each minute that goes by since Sunday is more alarming than the last. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I do wonder where these messages are, because it's not like he has an inbox or is contactable. So he must be looking on twitter etc or someone's telling him? 

Good to know he spotted it the day after relegation.

Unlike you know spotting 12 months after the fans that there was a serious problem with Fraudgers .

1 minute ago, eblair said:

Beyond everything being on fire and complete mess. We are now two days after relegation was confirmed (confirmed not a surprise) and there’s been one message from Top.

The club are clueless, Evans has pretty much confirmed they don’t know what they are now going to do. 

We have gone through each month since we won the community shield with a completely clueless club. Sacking Rodgers and leaving two goalkeepers in charge for biggest games on the season is the most obvious example of the idiocy. 

I guess the point I’m making is there’s no Championship Contingency Plan, which is criminal. I cannot believe the club did not have ready made plan, only 6 clubs in England should not have contingency plans. We are ducked here, each minute that goes by since Sunday is more alarming than the last. 

How do you know there is no Championship contingency plan? 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He has a private Instagram that you can send messages to

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If it was someone telling him would that make a difference to the affect the abuse has? 

40 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd go with there's absolutely no way he wrote that.

That's someone at the club ghost writing and making sure they get in the bit about abuse. Same sort of people who now have stewards wearing body cams. Tow the party line.

The best thing that csn come from relegation (apart for the fact we don't have a bastardised badge on the home shirt) if some of the muppets making crap day to day decisions and treating us like the enemy end up out the door.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KFS said:

The problem with you and the rest of the boomer brigade is you’re quick to say shit like ‘try watching Pleat’s team’

THIS IS THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS PLEAT TEAM. Even worse it’s like your MON team on the verge of doing something special that go and **** it up, all the while your grandad is telling you to knock it off because we were little Leicester Fosse once.

Please please please stop with posts like this. It’s not even going to be your mess to clean up in however many years. That’s why you’re posting drivel like this. 

You obviously did not see Pleat's team.

The point is the club has had more success with these owners bar none. That is a fact. For generations there was a lack of investment. Of course we are all disappointed and annoyed by relegation. By the way we are not ready to pop off this mortal coil just yet.

It is obviously a serious situation for the club but let us give Top time to correct without wanting to chuck the baby out with the bath water.

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The point is the club has had more success with these owners bar none. That is a fact. For generations there was a lack of investment. Of course we are all disappointed and annoyed by relegation. By the way we are not ready to pop off this mortal coil just yet.

It is obviously a serious situation for the club but let us give Top time to correct without wanting to chuck the baby out with the bath water.

Everyone will put up with him. For different reasons. We have to, what else are we going to do. 

I’ll give him some benefit because of his dad. He doesn’t have the same class though. You can see that in the statements he’s approved, the way he’s dealt with his assets etc. I’m pretty sure he hasn’t got it in him, I assure you we are now on slide and a lot of the reason is down to the lack of effort and application of this guy and his board. 

We had a great owner who laid down the foundations for our greatest period. Maybe this guy is our punishment for that enjoyment.

19 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Does this make him completely above criticism?  One of the most worrying things I’ve seen is the response to the club’s LinkedIn post. I feel as if that’s a reflection of our board meetings. Complete group think. 

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Does this make him completely above criticism?  One of the most worrying things I’ve seen is the response to the club’s LinkedIn post. I feel as if that’s a reflection of our board meetings. Complete group think. 

The LinkedIn post is one of the most scariest things I’ve read on us this week. I couldn’t believe some of what I was reading.

• Like 2

I do not need a history lesson in the achievements, past glories and/or failings of the club, Top. I need to see you lead with strength, make the hard decisions and restructure this place from the very top, the buck stops with you and as of now I don’t feel you’re much of a leader at all.

Don’t worry either, I hadn’t forgotten about us being a championship club when your dad bought us either. After all, we still are.

Edited by SheppyFox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The LinkedIn post is one of the most scariest things I’ve read on us this week. I couldn’t believe some of what I was reading.

I think I’m going to write something back. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Sycophantic nonsense. 

1 hour ago, eblair said:

I think everything which has happened makes it abundantly clear. Putting Sadler & Stowell in charge, the pre season in Singapore 5 days before start of championship season, the fact not a single player has put anything out publicly, the club captain saying the club don’t know what they are doing

I agree they very likely weren't considering relegation when they agreed to the Singapore trip, which was probably a few months ago. I wouldn't read too much into the players' lack of public comment - they're probably just wary of the kind of responses they'll receive. I also would not expect Jonny Evans to be the first to know of the club's plans, particularly given that he's out of contract in a month's time. The club will probably want to consult with the new manager, whoever he turns out to be, before making a final decision on which players they'll try to sell as well as which (if any) they might offer new contracts to. The transfer window doesn't open for a couple of weeks anyway.

I'm not denying that complacency has been a major factor in getting us relegated (it clearly has), but I'm not sure what people are expecting to hear from the club within a few days of relegation being confirmed. The statements from Southampton and Leeds were shorter than ours and even more lacking in detail. I can't recall a single example of a relegated club issuing a detailed statement about their plans a few days after getting relegated. 

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

Leicester city fans are slating Top’s statement yet Leeds fans are using it to slate their owners/board statement saying this is what a statement should be like quoting this comes from an owner who cares about the team, city and fans…aren’t football fans a funny bunch.

• Like 3