Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

19 minutes ago, KFS said:

Does this make him completely above criticism?  One of the most worrying things I’ve seen is the response to the club’s LinkedIn post. I feel as if that’s a reflection of our board meetings. Complete group think. 

17 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The LinkedIn post is one of the most scariest things I’ve read on us this week. I couldn’t believe some of what I was reading.

What was the LinkedIn post and responses?

27 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Leicester city fans are slating Top’s statement yet Leeds fans are using it to slate their owners/board statement saying this is what a statement should be like quoting this comes from an owner who cares about the team, city and fans…aren’t football fans a funny bunch.

Not sure about funny, sadly we do seem to attract more than our fair share of thick pond life with short or no LCFC memorize pre 2016

Hoping that the club does take notice and get rid of the incompetents employed to run the club inc DOF 

Really looking forward though to relegation draining the swamp and some of the new wave plastics finding other hobbies

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Leicester city fans are slating Top’s statement yet Leeds fans are using it to slate their owners/board statement saying this is what a statement should be like quoting this comes from an owner who cares about the team, city and fans…aren’t football fans a funny bunch.

No two clubs situations are the same. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Dames said:

I think thats the point of mentioning it. Get the fans talking about something else other than relegation. Any PR expert worth their salt would know how divided our fanbase is and how good a comment like that would be at distracting from the wider issues. 

The idea that was mentioned on purpose is for the birds. 

The notion that it would detract from people worrying about the relegation is quite risible.

Have you noticed anyone going “You know what, I can’t remember why I was angry before because now I’m angry at people expressing their anger towards the owner of my football club”? No. No you haven’t. 

This is not how someone manages a crisis. The statement was not engineered. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Does this make him completely above criticism?  One of the most worrying things I’ve seen is the response to the club’s LinkedIn post. I feel as if that’s a reflection of our board meetings. Complete group think. 

Criticism without vitriol or hysteria is understandable. I would imagine there are frank and honest exchanges at the club but I would not expect us to be privy to all. We can all see the evidence of mistakes on and off the field. What I would suggest is we wait for developments to transpire 

Guest lcfc80

Personally, I have faith in Top, and now think this will be a major wake up call for him. This is only my opinion, I think he loves the club, the project and the story just as much as when they started. He has quite clearly put in place people to run the club and the football side so he can sit back and let others do the day to day thing - ie, their jobs. Unfortunately it seems (fairly obviously) that whilst the other parts of the club have been run well the football side ran by Rudkin has been an absolute shitshow, and Rudkin has a great knack of passing the blame everywhere but at his door. So much been incredibly amazingly bad on that front. How on earth wasn't a deal done behind the scene with Tielemens and Cags to at least get them to sign 1 year extensions with the proviso that they'd be allowed to leave no matter what just to claw some money back. Or why didn't we move them on beforehand. My guess is Rudkin kept telling Top his great plan would fall together and we'd get in Europe again and they'd all sign, then it was all too late. 

Not sure exactly what happened with the sacking/leaving of Rodgers as heard a few things including he basically downed tools, but Rudkin would have certainly been in Top's ear about this. I would have kept Rodgers as to me he earned the right to try and keep us up, but even if I wanted him gone, we couldn't have done it at a more weird and crap time. And then to go after replacements after Potter binned us off who'd got other teams in exactly the same mess was equally odd. No way Top said to Rudkin, go and get me that massive name in management Smith to save the day, would have been the other way round. 

Now i may have this wrong but also didn't Top, this season take a loan out for the club and then transferred it to his own liability and not the clubs? If i've got that right then got to respect him for that as well.

So basically for me, Top has been really badly advised especially by Rudkin who's a snake oil salesman and now has to rectify that and get some better people in. 

Sidenote - Can't say too much but got told by a reliable source Rudkin basically was blaming a lot of this on the fans expecting too much. charming.

I'm backing Top still but needs to realise those closest to him and the ones taking the piss - ie Rudkin

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

This is how you do it:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 11.37.10.png

I don’t agree with this. Top has always seen himself as one of us IMO and if you’ve read any of his statements in the past they don’t read like he’s talking to us as a fan base. It’s always in the tone that he’s with us and part of our club. The fact that he roamed the streets during our European campaign, speaking to fans and having pictures taken is more evidence of that.

Could he have thrown an apology in there? Maybe. But I don’t think he’s obliged to when he’s the one putting his money in and going to be financially affected by us going down. I also think everyone would have still cherry picked parts of the statement they don’t like. To me the statement was him saying we need to learn from it, I’ll make some big decisions soon and I am going to stick with the club and try to get us back to the PL. Him mentioning the abuse isn’t a guilt trip, it’s him genuinely being hurt by some of the things he might have read IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shiv said:

I don’t agree with this. Top has always seen himself as one of us IMO and if you’ve read any of his statements in the past they don’t read like he’s talking to us as a fan base. It’s always in the tone that he’s with us and part of our club. The fact that he roamed the streets during our European campaign, speaking to fans and having pictures taken is more evidence of that.

Could he have thrown an apology in there? Maybe. But I don’t think he’s obliged to when he’s the one putting his money in and going to be financially affected by us going down. I also think everyone would have still cherry picked parts of the statement they don’t like. To me the statement was him saying we need to learn from it, I’ll make some big decisions soon and I am going to stick with the club and try to get us back to the PL. Him mentioning the abuse isn’t a guilt trip, it’s him genuinely being hurt by some of the things he might have read IMO.

Personally I object to that. I'll take stick for it. I just found it off. Glad I was away from the square in Edinhoven at that point to be perfectly honest. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

When things go wrong, everybody's 1st inclination is to throw blame. I'm not saying there is no tangible blame within the hierarchy, the players etc. However nobody ever attributes any blame to a string of circumstances beyond any control and the fine margins in football. Whilst " just surviving" itself would have been failure following recent successes, we've had so many headwinds of late and a few things turning out differently and we are comfortably mid table moaning about a less than perfect season. We scored more than enough goals to stay up so we werent all bad. To list a few headwinds. 

FFP constraints and players refusing to leave/not being pursued by other clubs in summer to enable funds for a rebuild and OUR playing by the rules where others have overspent.

Fofana's 11th hour toys from pram exit and the ill feeling caused and games without decent cover.

TIelemans choosing to run his contract down but no offers tabled for him and other players following suit leading to a lot of imminent exits.

The death of the queen meaning the villa game is postponed at a time we are not great but they are awful that I firmly believe we'd have won if played then. A game we lost.

The 1st ever winter world cup coming at a time we have real momentum and would have arguably maintained it for some time longer.

The fixture schedule in general leading to us playing even the poorest of teams when they were having a mini spell of form And avoiding the good teams during their bad spells. Happens to other teams but it really went against us this season.

The amount of times we've faced teams on New Manager bounces.

Maddisons penalty to take us 3-1 up vs Everton if scored. 

2 freak own goals vs Liverpool when we were by far the better team. 

95the minute loss vs Palace.

Pope's Last minute save from Castagne at Newcastle.

Ndidis fateful last minute pass vs Villa costing us 1 point.

The countless VAR offsides by an inch that have gone against us.

Evans / Justin / Ricardo long term injuries

The string of Monday night games we had to play.

Again, I'm not making excuses but if just 2 or 3 of the above had happened/not happened, we'd likely have finished mid table, Maddisons penalty miss alone probably cost us rekegation so at worst 17th , Arguably,  momentum and good feeling would have followed if things above panned out differently rather than negativity, fear and low confidence and things could have turned out a lot differently. 

Rarely has an air crash been entirely the fault of the airline, or the pilot, or the maintenance crew, or the weather, or mechanical failure. Its usually a fateful combination of things going wrong and that's what's happened here. The owner, DoF, Board, Manager and players have brought successful before. Sometimes a few mistakes by them combined with external forces is what is truly to blame. So let's stop throwing blame in one direction, accept what is done us done and give those in place the support to put things right ASAP and be successful like they were previously.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shiv said:

That’s fine - but it’s probably the reason you don’t do this kind of thing for a living ;)

I need to hear an admission that we clearly weren’t ready for the start of the season. No team has ever just bought in a 3rd choice keeper before the season kick off and survived relegation (or been relegated, no club has ever ever been so inactive and naive). 
Then Faes in for Fofana, 3 in in January of whom only 1 in Souttar really made a contribution.

We can take other teams being better than us but the minimum expectation is that our team is balanced, motivated, organised and ready for the challenge ahead and we’ve been none of those, a disgrace from start to finish, a Mis-sold package in return for the ticket money, no apology for Bournemouth match, why no manager ready to step in, no pattern, desire, organisation, roll up roll up just £65 a ticket to watch it and guess what we’ll hand continuous further starts to the ****s who refused to chase, run, offer themselves for the ball, the most disgraceful lowering of standards imaginable, I run for my bus with more urgency than Youri and Soumare do in PL football matches and yet week after week they’re given the chance to do it all over again. Where’s the explanation for that lowering of standard and expectation of what is expected from players? Lower your standards and this relegation happens, there should be no hint of surprise it’s inevitable, admit that.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

They posted the Top statement and about 70 people have responded licking his arse 

It's not just LinkedIn. 

Facebook (obviously - high concentration of Perspective FC fans), and surprisingly even Reddit is the same. 

It's only on here - and to a much lesser extent Twitter - is it really being (rightly) questioned by supporters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It's not just LinkedIn. 

Facebook (obviously - high concentration of Perspective FC fans), and surprisingly even Reddit is the same. 

It's only on here - and to a much lesser extent Twitter - is it really being (rightly) questioned by supporters. 

LCFC Facebook is the bin fire to end all bin fires