Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Why? bit of a weird objection

Find it hard to describe.

Never been over comfortable with a person being held in an esteem to the point being clapped around a square. Just found the whole experience something you'd see with a world leader/monarchy. Respect his right to wander around a city but the encircling of the square was a bit much. 

I'd go as far to say I dislike such celebration when the harsh reality is it's a celebration of him being a wealthy bloke. Whilst at the same time in his home country, numerous people are arrested and locked up for criticism of the figure that King Power have kept company with. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

It's not just LinkedIn. 

Facebook (obviously - high concentration of Perspective FC fans), and surprisingly even Reddit is the same. 

It's only on here - and to a much lesser extent Twitter - is it really being (rightly) questioned by supporters. 

so only a small group of fans have wet there self over the statement, probably the same ones that hurled abuse at him.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

so only a small group of fans have wet there self over the statement, probably the same ones that hurled abuse at him.

IDK, I've only seen people questioning the language used whilst rightly saying the abuse is totally unjustified. :dunno:

Guest Kopfkino

It didn’t matter what the statement was, people were going to complain and pick holes in it. That’s just the mindset of football fans that have been relegated - they’re akin to pubescent teenagers that have just been dumped.

I think it’s an objectively good statement as a starting point but it needs to be followed up with action and communication of those actions has to swift with an element of transparency (within reason). Idk what the club could have communicated last summer because it’s a fine line but I think something that exacerbated the issue was an already frustrated Rodgers being sent out to field questions that the club should’ve - it was a doom cycle.

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I disagree, doesn’t matter whoever the person is, having your inbox flooded with probably hundreds of messages from people being abusive, it isn’t going to be something you can just ignore, it is going to effect you in someway.

Then don’t own a football club and have an IG account

Woke up more annoyed about this and the fan criticism.

Not only should he rise above the fanbase's idiocy, but praising the other fans for unity troubles me. We don't need unity at the moment. We need accountibility. Hopefully I'm focusing too much on a minor thing, but if Top is focusing on unity when, as a unit, we've made massive, massive mistakes then I am not reassured.

Top's younger than most on here, without tonnes of his own experience to learn from his own mistakes, and I do have a lot of time for him, and want to give him time to learn from his mistakes, but this time is not unlimited.

Although Vichai emphasised treating the company like a family he was not averse to making tough and unpopular decisions. As a club we should learn from this. I hope Top learns too.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

When things go wrong, everybody's 1st inclination is to throw blame. I'm not saying there is no tangible blame within the hierarchy, the players etc. However nobody ever attributes any blame to a string of circumstances beyond any control and the fine margins in football. Whilst " just surviving" itself would have been failure following recent successes, we've had so many headwinds of late and a few things turning out differently and we are comfortably mid table moaning about a less than perfect season. We scored more than enough goals to stay up so we werent all bad. To list a few headwinds. 

FFP constraints and players refusing to leave/not being pursued by other clubs in summer to enable funds for a rebuild and OUR playing by the rules where others have overspent.

Fofana's 11th hour toys from pram exit and the ill feeling caused and games without decent cover.

TIelemans choosing to run his contract down but no offers tabled for him and other players following suit leading to a lot of imminent exits.

The death of the queen meaning the villa game is postponed at a time we are not great but they are awful that I firmly believe we'd have won if played then. A game we lost.

The 1st ever winter world cup coming at a time we have real momentum and would have arguably maintained it for some time longer.

The fixture schedule in general leading to us playing even the poorest of teams when they were having a mini spell of form And avoiding the good teams during their bad spells. Happens to other teams but it really went against us this season.

The amount of times we've faced teams on New Manager bounces.

Maddisons penalty to take us 3-1 up vs Everton if scored. 

2 freak own goals vs Liverpool when we were by far the better team. 

95the minute loss vs Palace.

Pope's Last minute save from Castagne at Newcastle.

Ndidis fateful last minute pass vs Villa costing us 1 point.

The countless VAR offsides by an inch that have gone against us.

Evans / Justin / Ricardo long term injuries

The string of Monday night games we had to play.

Again, I'm not making excuses but if just 2 or 3 of the above had happened/not happened, we'd likely have finished mid table, Maddisons penalty miss alone probably cost us rekegation so at worst 17th , Arguably,  momentum and good feeling would have followed if things above panned out differently rather than negativity, fear and low confidence and things could have turned out a lot differently. 

Rarely has an air crash been entirely the fault of the airline, or the pilot, or the maintenance crew, or the weather, or mechanical failure. Its usually a fateful combination of things going wrong and that's what's happened here. The owner, DoF, Board, Manager and players have brought successful before. Sometimes a few mistakes by them combined with external forces is what is truly to blame. So let's stop throwing blame in one direction, accept what is done us done and give those in place the support to put things right ASAP and be successful like they were previously.

When things go wrong, everybody's 1st inclination is to throw blame. I'm not saying there is no tangible blame within the hierarchy, the players etc. However nobody ever attributes any blame to a string of circumstances beyond any control and the fine margins in football. Whilst " just surviving" itself would have been failure following recent successes, we've had so many headwinds of late and a few things turning out differently and we are comfortably mid table moaning about a less than perfect season. We scored more than enough goals to stay up so we werent all bad. To list a few headwinds. 

FFP constraints and players refusing to leave/not being pursued by other clubs in summer to enable funds for a rebuild and OUR playing by the rules where others have overspent.

Ought to have been handled better by the club,

Fofana's 11th hour toys from pram exit and the ill feeling caused and games without decent cover.

Always possible with a potential elite player. Not an excuse for me

Tielemans choosing to run his contract down but no offers tabled for him and other players following suit leading to a lot of imminent exits.

Again ought to have been handled better. we knew it could happen after spurs in 2021

The death of the queen meaning the villa game is postponed at a time we are not great but they are awful that I firmly believe we'd have won if played then. A game we lost.

We hadn't won a game at that point and more likely to lose it.

The 1st ever winter world cup coming at a time we have real momentum and would have arguably maintained it for some time longer.

Possibly but same for 19 other clubs

The fixture schedule in general leading to us playing even the poorest of teams when they were having a mini spell of form And avoiding the good teams during their bad spells. Happens to other teams but it really went against us this season.

Might have capitalised on it over the years so swings and roundabouts

We had numerous chances to change things and did nothing until 8 games left. You reap what you sow

Ifs and buts. If Burnley scored against us in April 2015

Point taken although who signed him dare I ask?

95th minute loss vs Palace.

Thats football.would have still went down all things being equal. We were still dire for most of it anyway

Our only attack in the entire game.

Again relegated by 2 so only 1 point closer

The countless VAR offsides by an inch that have gone against us

Few went with us including FA Cup final

Point taken. Remind us who changed the Backroom team?

Irrelevant. You play the hand that’s dealt.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Can you say vision and cupability again please 

I'd love to. If you say it three times the footballing gods of competency appear. Sadly they're all in meetings in Brighton this month.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Tielemans choosing to run his contract down but no offers tabled for him and other players following suit leading to a lot of imminent exits.

Again ought to have been handled better. we knew it could happen after spurs in 2021

We had numerous chances to change things and did nothing until 8 games left. You reap what you sow

Thats football.would have still went down all things being equal. We were still dire for most of it anyway

Just as a matter of interest, how could things have been handled better say re Tielemans? Player had the power both at the time his terms were negotiated and by refusing to sign a new deal. How do tou deal with that differently. Refuse to play him? What precedents does that create for future signings etc. Just interested where you state could have been handled better.... How? 

Henry Winter has hit the nail on the head re: Top, Rudkin and Whelan. Professional people who have not acted professional. They’ve allowed the club to get into this state and there is very little acceptance of errors. The problem is and we saw it on here, there are Leicester fans and then there’s a group who are fans of Top and his group. Leicester City just happen to be a past time. And while those people remain, the club will continue to be unprofessional. 

• Like 3

This is all playing out like a bitter divorce where anything that the other person says is criticised.

He could have offered everyone a gold bar and people on here would have asked why he hasn’t given everybody two.

Maddison hasn’t spoken yet, but if he did he would get picked to shreds.

Honestly on here it’s like listening to scorned women. 

Some poor sod put something on here about everyone’s thoughts this Monday and people can’t wait to highlight his error that it is actually Tuesday or to say his thread was pointless.

Just goes to show how people react when things go wrong. 

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

It's not just LinkedIn. 

Facebook (obviously - high concentration of Perspective FC fans), and surprisingly even Reddit is the same. 

It's only on here - and to a much lesser extent Twitter - is it really being (rightly) questioned by supporters. 

I mean r/lcfc has always been a happy clappy shittip

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

It's not just LinkedIn. 

I mean r/lcfc has always been a happy clappy shittip

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bagworthblue said:

Just as a matter of interest, how could things have been handled better say re Tielemans? Player had the power both at the time his terms were negotiated and by refusing to sign a new deal. How do tou deal with that differently. Refuse to play him? What precedents does that create for future signings etc. Just interested where you state could have been handled better.... How? 

100% this.

The player has decided to run out his contract, and fair play to him. 

Too often we moan at the likes of Maguire and Fofana for jumping ship, but then we moan when they stay and see out their terms. 

The player can’t win whether they stay or go. And the club can’t win either unless they get a huge salary.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Not forgetting Maddison’s back pass against Bournemouth that lost us a draw possibly a win ?

Edited by justfoxes

Damned whatever he did. Had the hardest job in the club's history following his father's tragic passing and to deliver Vichai's dream. Has made mistakes but so did his Dad at the club normally at the cost of putting in obscene amounts into the club. Has been a truly awful season and he will know that. Hindsight is a gift we all have. Pearson should have gone when we blew automatic promotion but the club stuck with him. He should also have gone when we were bottom of the Premier league but the club stuck with him. Rodgers should have gone long before he did but the club stood by him and got it wrong. Now is the time for Top & King Power to put it right. I have a choice I can be positive and hope for an immediate promotion or as some seem to want a fall down the league's. Going to go with being positive and believe somewhere out there will be a coach backing themselves with whatever players we keep and bring in and the facilities we have that thinks I can do something here. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
4 minutes ago, Mendi said:

He did email me saying selling up is not happening and he is considering a good managers out there. The club doesn't need to sell player to.

Time will tell. I told him he needs to sack John.

Strange that, as he emailed me offering me Soumare for Sileby Town, and telling me that Tielemans has taken a position as a half time orange man at Ibstock United.