Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry but the Tielemans situation was easy to deal with. It’s just those in power don’t have the bollocks for this sort of thing. Approaching a World Cup season, we should have thrown the ball in his court in the January 2022 transfer window and given him an ultimatum. You either sign a new contract, you go in this transfer window or at the latest the summer or you spend the next 12/18 months on the bench and risk your position in Belgium’s World Cup squad. Job done.

Think this approach totally disincentivises future signings from joining your club. The advent of player power means this gets more and more common, and clubs who are affected by this (Those not at the top table of finances) need to get smarter and run on shorter term contracts and expect them to be in flux constantly

23 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Sorry but the Tielemans situation was easy to deal with. It’s just those in power don’t have the bollocks for this sort of thing. Approaching a World Cup season, we should have thrown the ball in his court in the January 2022 transfer window and given him an ultimatum. You either sign a new contract, you go in this transfer window or at the latest the summer or you spend the next 12/18 months on the bench and risk your position in Belgium’s World Cup squad. Job done.

How do you know they didn’t?  The player may have said that he will leave - what if no one makes an offer ?

and we simply don’t have the depth of squad to call player’s bluff by benching them 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How do you know they didn’t?  The player may have said that he will leave - what if no one makes an offer ?

and we simply don’t have the depth of squad to call player’s bluff by benching them 

But we can afford to do it. This season shows we can. Its not real that we cant. Dont get me wrong, it wouldve been an absolute uproar on here. But that is the difficult decision making that needs to be made and taken. Its the hard approach we need to take forward. 

Tielemans has captained us more so than any other player since not signing a contract. Its the worst kept secret that he doesnt want to be here and his performances have shown that - not just Leicester fans, neutrals as well have noticed he checked out months ago. He has history for going missing - the Monaco fans warned us of his lack of desire. 

Tielemans has been waiting for the best move for him. Stick him in the reserves and get him to agree whatever contract comes his way. We need to take those hits to maintain the authority over some of these type of players. What have we done instead, given him a level of respect he didnt deserve and if the rumours are true, thrown him a goodbye party. He's on holiday right now despite being one of the biggest culprits of our demise. Not a word from him. 

Its hurtful, its bitter, its ruthless, its everything you could possibly call it but that approach would have player after player considering the approach. And that is what we should be doing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I hope he's learned from this. His dad wasn't flawless in the first two years either and it took being financially burned by the wasteful Eriksson era, and prior to that Sousa, to give him the jolt of going back to basics and appointing a manager who'd done it before here and built a team with a backbone.

We didn't get relegated then of course, but we still had a stupid wage bill and a bloated squad of mercenaries put together by two managers who spent another man's money like water. Had he got the Sven replacement wrong, we could have been in extremely deep trouble. 

If this period of reflection leads to a similarly sober policy with cash invested in scouting, a decent manager who makes use of the incredible facilities now available to the club and getting rid of the dead wood behind the scenes (looking at you, Rudcvnt) it could work out very well in the long term.

Don't forget that we are a far, far bigger club than we were in 2011 when Eriksson got the push, never mind in 2008 when we got relegated to League One and our star man was Iain Hume.

That's the huge difference between the two so far. Vichai made a tonne of errors but took action and rectified his mistakes and learned from them.

Top has this summer so show he has the same nouse and minerals as his dad. Making mistakes is normal, learning from them and growing is a great character trait. Refusing to acknowledge them and not attempt to learn from them is a huge weakness, especially for a leader.

It's a shame and a concern to me that he seemed to have been completely oblivious to what made us successful during his decade at the club before he took over.

Edited by filbertway

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's the huge difference between the two so far. Top made a tonne of errors but took action and rectified his mistakes and learned from them.

Top has this summer so show he has the same nouse and minerals as his dad. Making mistakes is normal, learning from them and growing is a great character trait. Refusing to acknowledge them and not attempt to learn from them is a huge weakness, especially for a leader.

It's a shame and a concern to me that he seemed to have been completely oblivious to what made us successful during his decade at the club before he took over.

Unfortunately, as with many areas of life, poor practices and mistakes are not rectified until disaster strikes. It takes the worst to happen before the powers that be take serious action. 

Trite comparison, but nobody thinks that mass investment in modern English stadia would have occurred without the Bradford fire and Hillsborough because clubs and the authorities felt they could get away with the status quo until they realised they couldn't. The same logic could be applied to any number of industries and scenarios.

The question now is what lessons he learns and what actions he takes. It clearly has to be a radical departure from current strategies. Heads need to roll and structures need to change. His statement appears to show that he knows this hasn't happened by bad luck.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's the huge difference between the two so far. Top made a tonne of errors but took action and rectified his mistakes and learned from them.

Vichai gave Sousa his marching orders sharpish.

He got Sven out early enough in 2011-12 also.

Outside of Ranieri (which was tough to deal early with having win the title) he knew early in a season what way the wind was blowing and took action.

But the Rodgers situation was staring Top in the face for well over 12 months. No chance Vichai would have allowed it to go unchecked for so long.

We flagged it after Spurs away and change was necessary there and then not 30 weeks later.

That's where you need decisive leadership and not leading to the season we've just suffered.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Like the last time when it took a decade?

The fact he wants to be seen and heard even a little. is a good sign in my opinion. 

He’s not hiding from this. 

Theres no pleasing some people 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Vichai gave Sousa his marching orders sharpish.

He got Sven out early enough in 2011-12 also.

Outside of Ranieri (which was tough to deal early with having win the title) he knew early in a season what way the wind was blowing and took action.

But the Rodgers situation was staring Top in the face for well over 12 months. No chance Vichai would have allowed it to go unchecked for so long.

We flagged it after Spurs away and change was necessary there and then not 30 weeks later.

That's where you need decisive leadership and not leading to the season we've just suffered.

Just realised I wrote Top instead of Vichai, which will be very confusing lol

The most crucial decision for Top is to hire a proper DOF. Get him in place and then the new era begins.  Keeping any remnants from days gone by will only serve to hinder and hold back change.

36 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I hope he's learned from this. His dad wasn't flawless in the first two years either and it took being financially burned by the wasteful Eriksson era, and prior to that Sousa, to give him the jolt of going back to basics and appointing a manager who'd done it before here and built a team with a backbone.

We didn't get relegated then of course, but we still had a stupid wage bill and a bloated squad of mercenaries put together by two managers who spent another man's money like water. Had he got the Sven replacement wrong, we could have been in extremely deep trouble. 

If this period of reflection leads to a similarly sober policy with cash invested in scouting, a decent manager who makes use of the incredible facilities now available to the club and getting rid of the dead wood behind the scenes (looking at you, Rudcvnt) it could work out very well in the long term.

Don't forget that we are a far, far bigger club than we were in 2011 when Eriksson got the push, never mind in 2008 when we got relegated to League One and our star man was Iain Hume.

this is true but I doubt it. Top doesn't have the same business acumen as his dad and unfortunately some of the biggest obstacles in rebuilding the club are people who will have personally been there for him in the weeks and months after his dad's death, and it will be a difficult personal decision for him to sack them despite it being what's best for the club. of course those who are responsible could make that easier for him by holding their hands up and stepping back from their roles, but we all know that's not happening 

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

this is true but I doubt it. Top doesn't have the same business acumen as his dad and unfortunately some of the biggest obstacles in rebuilding the club are people who will have personally been there for him in the weeks and months after his dad's death, and it will be a difficult personal decision for him to sack them despite it being what's best for the club. of course those who are responsible could make that easier for him by holding their hands up and stepping back from their roles, but we all know that's not happening 

I think that's why he hasn't sacked these people. Yet he showed he could be ruthless when he sacked Puel, who was immense in the weeks after Vichai's death. It's now time he did the same and started upsetting people.

It's now time that he realises that there's no room for sentiment in football or business and bins off Rudkin. Basically all of our problems are down to the mismanagement of the football club, not the business administration. 

Edited by Bilo

Wow, there are some belters on here. Top is a young man and paid the price of inexperience in allowing Rudkin and Whelan to run the club into the ground. His statement is never going disclose anything meaningful as you don't show your hand in Poker. This is no time for knee jerk reactions, a considered measured approach is required. Allow the investigation to take place and act accordingly. If  the investigation is carried out by Whelan and Rudkin it may be a case of Top giving them enough rope to hang themselves. On the other hand he could be buying time to secure suitable replacements. The criticism over the Rodgers sacking was that there was no plan in place for an alternative - well just think of the catastrophe of sacking a CEO and DOF without the personnel to fill those positions. 

If Top has learned from this I suspect he will be allowing tweedle dee and teweedle dum to go about their duties whilst looking into replacements within 4-6 weeks. Patience is required as you cant turn this around in a few weeks. oh and btw, to all those Top haters £194,000,000.00.

Just now, Burmesefox said:

Wow, there are some belters on here. Top is a young man and paid the price of inexperience in allowing Rudkin and Whelan to run the club into the ground. His statement is never going disclose anything meaningful as you don't show your hand in Poker. This is no time for knee jerk reactions, a considered measured approach is required. Allow the investigation to take place and act accordingly. If  the investigation is carried out by Whelan and Rudkin it may be a case of Top giving them enough rope to hang themselves. On the other hand he could be buying time to secure suitable replacements. The criticism over the Rodgers sacking was that there was no plan in place for an alternative - well just think of the catastrophe of sacking a CEO and DOF without the personnel to fill those positions. 

If Top has learned from this I suspect he will be allowing tweedle dee and teweedle dum to go about their duties whilst looking into replacements within 4-6 weeks. Patience is required as you cant turn this around in a few weeks. oh and btw, to all those Top haters £194,000,000.00.

He needs to work out who he sees as part of the solution and who he sees as a handbrake on the rebuild.

The review may be instructive in this. 

• Like 1

The first line of his statement really bugs me and that means I read the whole thing negatively.

We were a well-loved club playing in the championship - not a championship club.  Trying to label us as a lower division club that hadn't had any success prior to their arrival annoys me and is my only real gripe with the KP group. 

I really hope he does take on board the constructive criticism particularly if it is directed in the direction of Rudkin.  His sacking needs to be done before the end of this week if we're really going to rebuild the club successfully.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

The first line of his statement really bugs me and that means I read the whole thing negatively.

We were a well-loved club playing in the championship - not a championship club.  Trying to label us as a lower division club that hadn't had any success prior to their arrival annoys me and is my only real gripe with the KP group. 

I really hope he does take on board the constructive criticism particularly if it is directed in the direction of Rudkin.  His sacking needs to be done before the end of this week if we're really going to rebuild the club successfully.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening.

When is the man ever going to get that? He meets zero Leicester fans other than about three photo op’s a season. I really also think he will be getting very little off the club staff from what we all hear.

• Like 1