Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

How do you know they didn’t?  The player may have said that he will leave - what if no one makes an offer ?

and we simply don’t have the depth of squad to call player’s bluff by benching them 

It would also risk alienating other players in the squad.

Also what a message to send out to prospective signings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Unfortunately, as with many areas of life, poor practices and mistakes are not rectified until disaster strikes. It takes the worst to happen before the powers that be take serious action. 

Trite comparison, but nobody thinks that mass investment in modern English stadia would have occurred without the Bradford fire and Hillsborough because clubs and the authorities felt they could get away with the status quo until they realised they couldn't. The same logic could be applied to any number of industries and scenarios.

The question now is what lessons he learns and what actions he takes. It clearly has to be a radical departure from current strategies. Heads need to roll and structures need to change. His statement appears to show that he knows this hasn't happened by bad luck.

He'll need to act now though because this is an epic fail.

Keeping the status quo and struggling nyllby mid-December will lead to the things getting more and more sour. 

He'll need to recover very fast from this to keep people on side. He's under scrutiny now like never before.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 22:15, joeybside said:

Just a simple apology would have done along with an action plan of how to put this right. 

Agreed. That would however imply they think they have done wrong, or that they have any sort of plan to fix it.

This lot aren't getting us back up unless we completely luck it on a manager.

• Like 1

The statement reads well but words do nothing, only action does. I just hope we can drop this arrogant “we’ll be alright” mentality in the Championship, because I can assure you, if anyone at the club thinks that, we will in fact not be alright. 

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The bias is shameful. No one bats an eyelid when Maddison gets an absolute hammering. He is just as human and it affects him as well.

Poor top 🤣

Its blatantly not even true anyhow but we've got an entire fanbase falling for it.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Poor top 🤣

Its blatantly not even true anyhow but we've got an entire fanbase falling for it.

I think I lean towards agreeing with you here.

Not everyone deals with abuse/trolling/angry messages the same way. But I would imagine if he has received some via his spam on his instagram page they are perhaps easier to ignore than fellow Thai young people protesting outside King Power HQ.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think I lean towards agreeing with you here.

Not everyone deals with abuse/trolling/angry messages the same way. But I would imagine if he has received some via his spam on his instagram page they are perhaps easier to ignore than fellow Thai young people protesting outside King Power HQ.

'Grateful FC' out in force in show of solidarity today.

You should never be afraid of holding powerful people to account...you don't need to be abusive about that but he holds the asset we all love and sending out divisive statement isn't helping anyone.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Similarities with Everton’s board claims 

Not fully. Everton board claimed there'd been a headlock on a board member or something like that lol

Given the abuse Top has had on here, it wouldn't surprise me if there have been messages/emails etc sent to him. Keyboard warriors, no doubt, as opposed to physical abuse. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Agree with the sentiment of this, although Top is responsible ultimately. 

He’s got a huge challenge ahead of him and hoping he succeeds as the King Power/Leicester story warrants it. 

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-2023-message-top-leicester-loves-you

Is that a parody piece?

I asked Chatgpt to write a statement for Top....

Dear Leicester City fans,

First and foremost, I would like to express my deepest apologies and profound sadness for the recent turn of events that has seen our beloved club relegated from the Premier League. As the Chairman, it is my responsibility to lead this organization and make the best decisions for the team's success. I understand that this season's outcome is deeply disappointing and falls far short of the expectations we all had.

I want to address some of the concerns that have been raised regarding the management of our team and the actions taken by the board. It is true that we received advice from our Director of Football, Jon Rudkin, regarding the team's performances and the need for potential changes. However, it is regrettable that we did not act upon this advice as swiftly and decisively as we should have. I take full responsibility for this oversight, and I assure you that we will learn from this experience and make necessary improvements moving forward.

The decision to part ways with Brendan Rodgers, our manager, was a difficult one. Brendan has played a crucial role in our recent successes and has brought tremendous value to our club. However, in the face of declining performances and with the aim of revitalizing our team's prospects, we made the difficult decision to make a change. Unfortunately, the impact of this change did not yield the desired results, and we find ourselves in the unfortunate position we are in today.

Relegation is undoubtedly a bitter pill to swallow, but we must remember that Leicester City has faced adversity before and has come back stronger. It is crucial that we unite as a club, as fans, players, and staff, to rebuild and bounce back. Our commitment to regaining our place in the Premier League is unwavering, and we will do everything in our power to achieve this goal.

We understand the disappointment and frustration that you, our loyal supporters, are feeling right now. Your unwavering passion and support have been the driving force behind our success in recent years, and we are incredibly grateful for that. We ask for your continued support and patience as we navigate through this challenging period and work tirelessly to bring the glory back to Leicester City.

Rest assured that we are already working diligently to assess the situation, make the necessary changes, and build a squad capable of competing at the highest level. We will be transparent in our efforts and communicate our plans to you as we move forward.

Once again, on behalf of the entire club, I apologize for the disappointment we have caused. We remain committed to the values and principles that have defined Leicester City throughout its history, and we will do everything we can to restore your faith in us.

Thank you for your unwavering support.

Sincerely,

[Chairman's Name]

Edited by foxinsocks

22 hours ago, Mendi said:

He did email me saying selling up is not happening and he is considering a good managers out there. The club doesn't need to sell player to.

Time will tell. I told him he needs to sack John.

He emailed me too, its his preferred method of communication

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I asked Chatgpt to write a statement for Top....

First and foremost, I would like to express my deepest apologies and profound sadness for the recent turn of events that has seen our beloved club relegated from the Premier League. As the Chairman, it is my responsibility to lead this organization and make the best decisions for the team's success. I understand that this season's outcome is deeply disappointing and falls far short of the expectations we all had.

I want to address some of the concerns that have been raised regarding the management of our team and the actions taken by the board. It is true that we received advice from our Director of Football, Jon Rudkin, regarding the team's performances and the need for potential changes. However, it is regrettable that we did not act upon this advice as swiftly and decisively as we should have. I take full responsibility for this oversight, and I assure you that we will learn from this experience and make necessary improvements moving forward.

The decision to part ways with Brendan Rodgers, our manager, was a difficult one. Brendan has played a crucial role in our recent successes and has brought tremendous value to our club. However, in the face of declining performances and with the aim of revitalizing our team's prospects, we made the difficult decision to make a change. Unfortunately, the impact of this change did not yield the desired results, and we find ourselves in the unfortunate position we are in today.

Relegation is undoubtedly a bitter pill to swallow, but we must remember that Leicester City has faced adversity before and has come back stronger. It is crucial that we unite as a club, as fans, players, and staff, to rebuild and bounce back. Our commitment to regaining our place in the Premier League is unwavering, and we will do everything in our power to achieve this goal.

We understand the disappointment and frustration that you, our loyal supporters, are feeling right now. Your unwavering passion and support have been the driving force behind our success in recent years, and we are incredibly grateful for that. We ask for your continued support and patience as we navigate through this challenging period and work tirelessly to bring the glory back to Leicester City.

Rest assured that we are already working diligently to assess the situation, make the necessary changes, and build a squad capable of competing at the highest level. We will be transparent in our efforts and communicate our plans to you as we move forward.

Once again, on behalf of the entire club, I apologize for the disappointment we have caused. We remain committed to the values and principles that have defined Leicester City throughout its history, and we will do everything we can to restore your faith in us.

Sincerely,

[Chairman's Name]

I corrected Chat GPT re Rudkin and it rewrote the piece:

I write to you today with a heavy heart and profound sadness as I address the recent relegation of our beloved club from the Premier League. I understand the disappointment and frustration you are feeling, and I want to take this opportunity to address the concerns that have been raised regarding our decision-making process and the role of our Director of Football, Jon Rudkin.

First and foremost, I want to acknowledge that we did not act swiftly enough in response to the team's declining performances. While it is true that Jon Rudkin did not suggest the dismissal of Brendan Rodgers until it was late in the season, it is ultimately my responsibility as Chairman to ensure that the necessary actions are taken to safeguard the club's success. I deeply regret the delay in making the changes needed to address the situation effectively.

As a club, we pride ourselves on our commitment to excellence, and we expect the highest standards from all individuals involved. In this instance, we fell short of those expectations, and for that, I apologize wholeheartedly. We will be conducting a thorough review of our decision-making processes to ensure that such delays and oversights are not repeated in the future.

I also want to acknowledge the significant contributions Brendan Rodgers made to our club during his tenure. Brendan's leadership and dedication were instrumental in our previous successes, and it was a difficult decision to part ways with him. However, we believed at the time that a change was necessary to revitalize the team's performances. Unfortunately, the impact of this decision did not yield the desired results, and we find ourselves in the difficult position we are in today.

Relegation is a bitter pill to swallow, but I want to assure you that we remain committed to bouncing back and regaining our rightful place in the Premier League. We are already working tirelessly to evaluate our options, make the necessary changes, and build a squad capable of competing at the highest level. Your unwavering support is vital as we embark on this journey, and we will do everything in our power to repay your faith and loyalty.

I understand that actions speak louder than words, and it is now our responsibility to demonstrate our commitment through tangible actions and results. We will work diligently to learn from our mistakes and put measures in place to prevent a recurrence. Your voices, as supporters, are crucial in this process, and we will ensure that your concerns and feedback are heard and considered.

Once again, I apologize for the disappointment we have caused, and I assure you that we are fully committed to rectifying the situation. We will keep you updated on our progress and plans for the future as we move forward.

Sincerely,

[Chairman's Name]

On 30/05/2023 at 15:20, Mee-9 said:

Strange that, as he emailed me offering me Soumare for Sileby Town, and telling me that Tielemans has taken a position as a half time orange man at Ibstock United. 

Very sad comments flying around.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's a deflection tactic and it fools so many people very easily.

Deflection from what? 

Don't say relegation lol

Gotta be dead to not realise we've been relegated or utterly stupid to think because he's mentioned receiving abuse everyone has forgotten about our season. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Deflection from what? 

Don't say relegation lol

Gotta be dead to not realise we've been relegated or utterly stupid to think because he's mentioned receiving abuse everyone has forgotten about our season. 

Not relegation as a whole!!!

Just the fact that Top shares a good portion of the blame. Deflecting that away from him.

• Like 1

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not relegation as a whole!!!

Just the fact that Top shares a good portion of the blame. Deflecting that away from him.

Been taken in by a lot of national newspapers. Can see a public opinion on us in the same way some viewed Newcastle with Ashley 

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Been taken in by a lot of national newspapers. Can see a public opinion on us in the same way some viewed Newcastle with Ashley 

Yep

this is taken from Bentleys -

At least the Club’s PR team got something out of the former manager’s last few months. The mainstream media story has now switched to the abuse reference in the owner’s statement, rather than the failings of the club itself (in stark contrast to the narrative on Leeds).

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 15:22, RoboFox said:

Some of the replies on Twitter man lol. Our fans genuinely have been successfully gaslighted.

IMG_0723.thumb.jpeg.88d5d85a4555836b3b2a3fe648b23c12.jpeg

On 29/05/2023 at 15:22, RoboFox said:

Some of the replies on Twitter man lol. Our fans genuinely have been successfully gaslighted.

IMG_0723.thumb.jpeg.88d5d85a4555836b3b2a3fe648b23c12.jpeg

That's nailed on written by a brexiteer gammon