Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

Just now, Gamble92 said:

I could tell you 5 worse decisions since his Dad died.

Obviously I was using hyperbole in my initial comment but I'm so ****ing pissed off at us all sleepwalking into even worse by defending all this. 

No one can defend the decisions made over the last 18 months or so. 

Top/the SLT have made some poor decisions.

However I feel comparing the ownership of KP vs Mike Ashley at Newcastle is completely incomprehensible. There are more than five reasons I could give you for this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

A couple of days on and if you still believe that statement was written by Top then you need your head checking.

You probably also believe he sits down with a pen and paper and writes his programme notes every week as well…

And that he was at the Boro League Cup final. My personal favourite lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honest question to everyone moaning at the Top photo…. Have you cracked a smile since Sunday? Have you laughed at any point since Sunday? Because if you have, I’m sorry to say, you don’t care about this football club.

Please some of you put that into perspective because that’s how over the top some of these comments are. 

No I have not, all I've been doing is obsessively refreshing FT and Twitter in the vain hopes that our club has taken decisive action. 

In all seriousness, what are they playing at? Most clubs would be making changes immediately after... ours we literally have no idea what's going on. The communication has been getting worse to a point that we have no idea what's happening to OUR club! And before anyone says it's his, that maybe true on a bit of paper, but this club was born in Leicester and has been here for over 125 years! He is a custodian whose responsibility is to make it the best it can be, and we deserve answers and communication now! 

So yeah, I don't want to see pictures of him loving life... that's rubbing it in our faces. I want to see him doing his job and putting us on course for an instant return with the reality of wholesale changes required to the board, the coaching/management staff and playing squad.

Time for the kid to grow up and realise his responsibilities. I say kid, he's the same age as me and I recognise what needs to be done and how to appropriately conduct myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rusko187 said:

So yeah, I don't want to see pictures of him loving life... that's rubbing it in our faces. I want to see him doing his job and putting us on course for an instant return with the reality of wholesale changes required to the board, the coaching/management staff and playing squad.

He's not lying there all summer ffs lol lol

• Like 1

No, those of us who are annoyed by that picture of Top don't need to get some perspective.

Yes, he can have a laugh and a joke in his life like anyone else - fine.  But read the ****ing room, Top.  Don't post stuff like that less than a week after we've been relegated, partly down to his lack of stewardship over the past 18 months.

Put it this way, Vichai wouldn't have done that.  There's the difference.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He's not lying there all summer ffs lol lol

I'll tell you where he's not in that picture, behind a desk working lol 

I'm trying to say it's not the time to be posting happy sentimental pictures when really we need a public inquiry and answers on the complete sh*t show that was last season.

29 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I'll tell you where he's not in that picture, behind a desk working lol 

I'm trying to say it's not the time to be posting happy sentimental pictures when really we need a public inquiry and answers on the complete sh*t show that was last season.

No worries. That's why he employs Jonny Rudkin. Jonny will sort it all. Just as soon as he's finished reading the Racing Post on the toilet.

11 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

at the end of the day, cut away all of the noise - it's just a simple game. 

some win, some lose. 

the vitriol and hate isn't needed at all. people are too obsessed with something that is out of their control. 

enjoy football - it's just a ball on grass, points on a board. don't let it keep you up at night ffs. 

the world has got many, many, many more devastating things going on that people are losing sleep over.

if football hurts that much, maybe it's time to explore some other avenues - find some hobbies that bring you some peace and relaxation - there's plenty out there.

I find the anger on here so tiring. 

Couldn't agree more, mate.

However, from the age of about 15 - 30 it was my life. Every game I was a nervous wreck, I was furious if things didn't go our way etc.

Now, I watch matches and want us to win but it has no effect on me if we don't.

Went we were relegated I said 'Ah well' and then made a roast dinner.

When we were relegated in 2008 after losing to Stoke I trashed my living room and was in bits.

I think you just need a bit of perspective. It's just a load of millionaires kicking a ball about. 

There's bigger stuff to be upset about.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, NationalFox said:

Sorry but all the KP FC brigade saying “have you not smiled since Sunday”, “it’s only a football club”, “the guys allowed to live” etc, why don’t you give your heads a wobble? The man is in charge of business worth billions (including LCFC). If he truly meant what he said then he should be working on getting a new manager in, stripping out deadwood from the board and trying to keep his best players. I get it’s only a game and some win some lose, but If we’re this annoyed and frustrated with how Leicester was relegated and the manner in which it happened then how can this tool put out a public statement moaning about “online” abuse yet publicly allow photos like this to be uploaded? He has no idea how to steer this ship, which is why he’s left it to Rudkin. 

I agree with you to some extent, but you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes, nor am I going to get pissed off over a photo! 

He’s said his piece whether you like it or not and now time will tell whether he pulls his finger out or not. Sadly as a fan we have to sit and wait until we see the outcome of the summer.

5 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Why does top think Susan and jon should do the review ?  Surely they are amongst those being assessed? Let's invite Matt Hancock to review the govs covid response. 

I agree with this however, one of the most important meetings in recent years. You hope the owner would want to be there, and I hope he will be there.

3 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I agree with this however, one of the most important meetings in recent years. You hope the owner would want to be there, and I hope he will be there.

any review needs a new pair of eyes.  Clearly these guys didn't see a way of of this (or they would have taken it) - it needs objectivity to see what was missed.

28 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

However, from the age of about 15 - 30 it was my life. Every game I was a nervous wreck, I was furious if things didn't go our way etc.

When we were relegated in 2008 after losing to Stoke I trashed my living room and was in bits.

I think you just need a bit of perspective. It's just a load of millionaires kicking a ball about. 

Well I still fall into that age bracket and it is part of my life and my identity. 

When I take up fishing and can't get an erection maybe it'll mean less.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

We all know there's bigger things to worry about, hence we choose distractions that are meant to bring us joy, hence we get upset when said distractions don't bring us joy. Everyone has that personality-free drone at work who has no other interests, dread to be that person. Not advocating trashing a room btw, but proportionate venting on an anonymous internet forum is a very good way to get rid of frustrations IMO.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ozvaldo said:

No, those of us who are annoyed by that picture of Top don't need to get some perspective.

Yes, he can have a laugh and a joke in his life like anyone else - fine.  But read the ****ing room, Top.  Don't post stuff like that less than a week after we've been relegated, partly down to his lack of stewardship over the past 18 months.

Put it this way, Vichai wouldn't have done that.  There's the difference.  

While I don't agree with the photo, I do find it foolish to compare what one man would do in his 30s to another guy that was 60.

11 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Well I still fall into that age bracket and it is part of my life and my identity. 

When I take up fishing and can't get an erection maybe it'll mean less.

I'm not old. I've just got a life outside of supporting Leicester.

Like I say, I was probably the same as you are now where it was also my 'identity'.

At one point was probably the most important thing in my life. Just not now. I've got other stuff going on.

Each to their own, I guess.

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

We all know there's bigger things to worry about, hence we choose distractions that are meant to bring us joy, hence we get upset when said distractions don't bring us joy. Everyone has that personality-free drone at work who has no other interests, dread to be that person. Not advocating trashing a room btw, but proportionate venting on an anonymous internet forum is a very good way to get rid of frustrations IMO.

I'm not having a go at people who take it a lot more seriously than me. I used to be like that so I get it.

I just commented as it looks as though for a lot of people it means everything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I'm not having a go at people who take it a lot more seriously than me. I used to be like that so I get it.

I just commented as it looks as though for a lot of people it means everything.

It's probably because it gets quite personal too. I had 43 different people in Nottingham message me personally and a lot of it was hard not to feel a bit of personal offence too. I get some of it, given it out over the years and I am the only Leicester fan they know. But it's hard not to feel the personal commitment to the club when it's the way it is for me here.

I think if I'd had the pleasure of staying in Leicestershire instead of this hell hole might be able to take it all a bit easier. Maybe even buy a flask and sit in the West Stand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

It's probably because it gets quite personal too. I had 43 different people in Nottingham message me personally and a lot of it was hard not to feel a bit of personal offence too. I get some of it, given it out over the years and I am the only Leicester fan they know. But it's hard not to feel the personal commitment to the club when it's the way it is for me here.

I think if I'd had the pleasure of staying in Leicestershire instead of this hell hole might be able to take it all a bit easier. Maybe even buy a flask and sit in the West Stand.

Flask in the West Stand??

You're a cheeky one, you!!

Would you like a Werther's Original?

I can tell you about the day Definitely Maybe was released. I purchased it on a thing called a "CD". Of course it's all downloads and MySpace on the interweb these days..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scanchez said:

Flask in the West Stand??

You're a cheeky one, you!!

Would you like a Werther's Original?

I can tell you about the day Definitely Maybe was released. I purchased it on a thing called a "CD". Of course it's all downloads and MySpace on the interweb these days..